The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Caniac4TrevorKidd

Trip Tracy

These guys can be a solid goof-straight man duo for comic relief. Last nights? After a stellar play with his foot and blade to catch and deflect the puck to his stick, Tripp commented on Seidenberg something like,

Ive said it before but b/c we keep having these threads ill say it again. I knew nothing about hockey when i started watching it at the beginning of the 05-06 season, but by listening to Tripp and John i was able to catch on and enjoy the game. Not everyone knows everything about hockey, so by Tripp "stating the obvious" he is actually teaching those of us that are still learning.

and plus, the 2 of these guys together are halarious!!

Is it just me or is Trip Tracy annoying? There is just something about his analysis that drives me crazy. Wondering if anyone else felt this way also.

Yeah buddy... Would you like some Texas Pete with that can of worms... Love him or hate him...

Oh nooooo Did I just make a food reference?

Is it just me or is Trip Tracy annoying? There is just something about his analysis that drives me crazy. Wondering if anyone else felt this way also.

Yeah buddy... Would you like some Texas Pete with that can of worms... Love him or hate him...

Oh nooooo Did I just make a food reference?

Just found this clip of Happy Brent a few minutes ago. Take a listen, and see for yourself why I don't think too ill of Tripp. (Note: Because Happy Brent's being interviewed by Steve Carroll, the Ducks' radio play-by-play announcer, he's refraining from his bad jokes and goofy laughter that punctuate his nightly broadcasts, both of which make listeners groan. :angry: )

http://hockeytalk.biz/audio_features/hockeytalk_severyn.mp3

Jan/GSBG

I like watching Tripp and John. They are heads and shoulders above any other announcers I've heard on other broadcasts. Tripp does get a little gushy talking up other team's stars, however he's one of the few analyst that actually gives credit where credit is due with regards to who's playing well and whose not, no matter what team their own. The analyst on other networks come to their shows with so much bias and preconceptions that they come across as totally anal, particularly former players that have decided to commentate. Without an exception they come across as being totally full of themselves and only have positive things to say when talking about their former teams or buddies. Tripp and John always seem to be pretty much on track with their calls and analysis and seem to give a fair and balanced report.

i too find tripp annoying at times, but then again i watch their broadcasts more than any other. i suppose that if we watched another brodcast team all the time we would have simular comments. personally dallas has the best crew in the game. i love listening to buffalos crew, rick jennerate and harry neal are great and can make the boringist game seem lively. chicogos pat foley is also a favorite. boston and the rangers have good crews. there are way worse announcer teams out their, like another post said,florida, tampa, flyers, isles, i dont know how any of these guys got a job. and the devils with chico resch and mike emrick is a all game whine fest!!

Is it just me or is Tripp Tracy annoying? There is just something about his analysis that drives me crazy. Just wanted to keep it going ;)

A sphincter says Tripp is annoying. ;)