The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
colliefan

Question for those with HD TVs

HD spoils you which is why I don't like the regular SD broadcast of both FSN and all the center ice channels. Even when center ice says they are broadcasting in HD, I don't notice much difference from SD at all (does anyone else?). Bottom line is I take HD over SD any day of the week regardless of whose announcers are on.

There are many times this season a game is broadcast by both teams, but the "enemy"'s team broadcast is the only one in HD. What to choose, the clear clarity of HD with that team's announcers, watching the game in SD with Tripp and John, or, watching a muted HD and tune to Chuck? Explain your reasons. (Make sure the writing in your blue book is clear and legible. :rolleyes: )

as much as i love John and Tripp I would mute the HD and go with Chuck. games are so much better to watch in HD, or another option would be to put a smaller second tv in the room with the SD feed but out of sight and crank it up.

Even when center ice says they are broadcasting in HD, I don't notice much difference from SD at all (does anyone else?).

There is a noticible difference. Some times the feed is in HD and the commercials in SD.

HD spoils you which is why I don't like the regular SD broadcast of both FSN and all the center ice channels. Even when center ice says they are broadcasting in HD, I don't notice much difference from SD at all (does anyone else?). Bottom line is I take HD over SD any day of the week regardless of whose announcers are on.

There is a huge difference and watching the HD feed is always a better choice with or without John.

I am just waiting for some wippersnaper to ask "what's a blue book"? :unsure:

isn't that the once top secret book the air force worked on about aliens :blink:

to the topic, HD all the way. I don't mind the other teams announcers so long as we are winning/win, I like to listen to their whining and rage with some of the poorer quality announcers, it amuses me.

isn't that the once top secret book the air force worked on about aliens :blink:

to the topic, HD all the way. I don't mind the other teams announcers so long as we are winning/win, I like to listen to their whining and rage with some of the poorer quality announcers, it amuses me.

I don't know about you all...but usually, if there are two broadcasts of our games. I only get the local one, and the away one is blacked out.

Difference is when it's not televised locally, like the TSN Broadcast for the Canadiens game...if it was on FSN, it would have been blacked out on Center Ice.

Anyway....I don't care who's flappin their gums...HD everytime.

HD, SD it doesnt matter to me. sure i love the HD picture, but watchin the Canes play and hearing the announcers is a treat. I work 70hrs in the resteraunt biz and see most of the games at work with no sound, so when i do get the chance to watch a game at home, just watching it is enough for me, but really i love the HD feed. Best picture on the planet, next to being at the game.

HD for me. I also kind of like to here the "enemy" broadcast. It gives a different perspective, especially on penalties and dirty play. I usually disagree with the announcers and end up disliking the opponent a lot more. :angry:

Even when center ice says they are broadcasting in HD, I don't notice much difference from SD at all (does anyone else?).

I agree about HD broadcasts on NHL Center Ice. They don't look any different than the SD broadcasts. The only chances I have to watch the Hurricanes in HD are when they play on Versus (once this season) or when they play the Capitals and I can watch it on CSN. My cable TV provider doesn't offer FS Carolinas. If they did, I would get it. I'll take HD every time no matter who the announcers are. I even watched the the broadcast of the game in Montreal in French because it was my only choice.

The menu for DT gives a listing showing the game being broadcast noting if the game is in HD or SD. One can readily tell the difference. I do not believe FSN is showing the game but I do believe the Preds are telecasting the game.

My wife does not like hockey. My children enjoy going to games, but don't much care to watch on TV.

If HD hockey is on, the den is like a flytrap.. they wander in, they see the screen, and sit. And watch.

So there's no contest for me, HD. (Even though it's not really a fair question since I haven't heard John/Tripp announce a game for about 2 years.)

HD, What's that? I only gt B&W :o Is thr somthing nw out thr? Hllo, dang Smith Corona the "E" ky is sticking!

When ever I have the chance it's HD! "Blue Book" is over rated. That guy Kelly keeps changing his mind every year.

HD every time. I love that you can even see the scratches on the ice in HD.

We don't have Center Ice so right now I'd love to be able to just watch the game, even if it were in grainy black & white! :blink: (Darn FSN for carrying Charlotte Bobcats on Canes' game nights -grumble grumble) :angry:

We always check to see if the FSN feed is in HD when the games are on- usually it is on the MOJO channel on TW Cable in Raleigh.