The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
icedave

Car Flags

I see they are giving these away during the pre-season games. What if you are not going to any of them? Is there a plan "B" ?

You could buy one at the Eye when you do go ;)

Canes Car Flag Promotion:

Every regular season game night, a staff member will award a specially selected driver of a vehicle flying a Canes flag to win Hurricanes prizes. Prizes include various CH merchandise, signed memorabilia and tickets to future games.

Multiple Ways to Get Car Flags

1) Seasont ticket holders Gift - Each ST account holder is eligible to receive 2 complementary "Canes car flags by redeeming the vouchers included in your season ticket package.

2) Game Night Giveaway - Be one of the first 15,000 fans in the doors of the RBC Center on opening night and receive a complementary 'Canes car flag. (Giveaways distributed opening night will be different from the STH flags).

3) Available for purchase - Hurricanes will be available for purchase all season long from the Eye. STH's can use their discount cards to receive a discount.

*Any car flag is acceptable for the terms of the promotion. Participants do not need to buy a new flag to participate.

Distribution details for STH's will be sent via Email.

Sorry Icedave, havent received the email yet so this is it so far.

The email was sent out today to season ticket holders, but it only mentions the three preseason games as the times available for flag pick-up. The email says they will be available outside the main entrances starting about an hour and a half before the game is scheduled to start.

The email was sent out today to season ticket holders, but it only mentions the three preseason games as the times available for flag pick-up. The email says they will be available outside the main entrances starting about an hour and a half before the game is scheduled to start.

Yep - there's no info in the email about alternative ways to redeem the vouchers STHs got. I won't be going to any of the preseason games either, so I'd also like to know if there's another way to redeem them.

Check with your ticket rep, in times past when things were given away and I couldn't attend he was pretty good about setting them aside.

I see they are giving these away during the pre-season games. What if you are not going to any of them? Is there a plan "B" ?

This is plan "B" I guess but you can still pick them up at pre season games.

Emailed to me:

Subject: REMINDER: Free 'Canes STH Car Flags Available for Pickup TONIGHT!!

REMINDER

You should have received an email yesterday in this regard, but we would like to remind you that complimentary tickets for tonight's preseason matchup versus the Washington Capitals at 7 p.m. were included with ALL season ticket packages, as were a pair of vouchers for complimentary 'Canes STH car flags. These vouchers may be redeemed tonight between 5:30 - 7:15 p.m. outside the South, East and West entrances.

The complete email text is included below, but to provide some additional information, any Season Ticket Holders who are unable to redeem their vouchers tonight can come by the RBC Center's VIP Entrance next week during normal business hours to redeem them. We will also have a redemption point on the RBC Center's concourse outside section 113 from the time gates open until the end of the 2nd period on the following three game nights.

Additional Distribution Dates

Sunday, November 2 vs. Toronto (Red Pack)

Friday, November 7 vs. Ottawa (Black Pack)

Wednesday, November 12 vs. Washington (White Pack)

Please call 1-866-NHL-CANES (1-866-645-2263) with questions. We appreciate your support!

Go 'Canes!!

P.J. Avetta

Manager of Sales & Client Services

Carolina Hurricanes

Has anybody road-tested these flags yet? I just heard from Mrs. Storm saying that she was driving at below highway speed on US 64, doing about 50 - 55 mph this morning with the STH flag on display. From the noise of the flag to SNAP! Off it went! Is that why they were free? :blink:

So, in addition to picking up your flag at the assorted preseason games, you can also pick up a flag -- at least half of one -- somewhere along highway 64 between Cary and Raleigh... :P

^Yep. My sister had hers on the way home last night. She called me to see if we had ours on. We didn't. But she said hers snapped right off. They were on 40 though. She also said she saw about 3 others snap off. She said it was like dodging flags on the highway :lol:

I got one of mine and was barely putting pressure on it and it started to bend pretty easily. If I just put a tad more pressure on it, it would have snapped.

Seems pretty clear after your experience and mine that these flags must be pretty poorly suited for their intended purpose. I just noticed this was a comment on Lord Stanley's Blog this morning:

"I noticed while leaving the game last night, and again on my way to work this am , that the Canes have employed a new method of advertising. The new method is to litter the roads around the RBC with busted "STH" flags."

:lol:

And my daughter was jealous that she didn't get a flag last night. Looking forward to getting one in a couple weeks- and perhaps we'll put it up once we enter the parking lot? The prize pack sounds like a neat little incentive though.

Almost seems ironically fitting that the Hurricanes are giving out car flags that get 'injured' so easily! :rolleyes:

Post of the week winner :lol:

Another one bites the dust. Luckily mine didn't end up in the road somewhere. I noticed it didn't look right when we got home and realized a piece had broken off. We will just hang it up in our garage aka Hockey Central with the one we retired that flew all season 05/06 & post season. Can't believe this one only lasted for 25 minutes. :unsure:

This just gives me a chance to "Enhance" mine with some reinforcement. (wife hates it when I do that to things around the house)

I will road test it after I get it rigged up and let you know how it turns out.

One of ours snapped off as we were picking up speed on Wade Avenue, less than a mile off RBC property. Very disappointing! Of course, my husband blamed it on me for driving too fast.

Well, I'm glad we didn't throw ours up after hearing from everyone. We already had up our tried and true flag that we've had for several seasons now. Like someone else said, perhaps we'll just put them on once we get in the parking lot. Also, I wonder if the police department can send a ticket to the RBC Center for littering the road with broken car flags? :lol:

Just received this email from the Canes... although I picked up my new flags at the game Wednesday, I already had two flags on my truck so I didn't change them out. Looks like it was a good thing I didn't! :lol:

STH Car Flags Distribution Suspended

We regret to inform you that due to an unfortunate manufacturing error, the distribution of Season Ticket Holder car flags is being temporarily suspended. Our staff is currently in conversations with the manufacturer, and we will be in contact with you again soon to provide additional information regarding the distribution of corrected products.

We apologize for this inconvenience, and hope you will feel free to call 1-866-NHL-CANES (1-866-645-2263) with questions. Thank you for your support!

Go 'Canes!!

P.J. Avetta

Manager of Sales & Client Services

Carolina Hurricanes

Hmmm, so those of us who got our flags already....if they issue new ones, I wonder how we will get them? I guess we will have to wait and see what they do.

Probably turn in the window clip that was left over after it broke off.

Is there anybody out there who did not receive their STH flag vouchers when their season tickets arrived? I got my full season ticket box but the vouchers were missing. I have called my ticket rep and let them know and they are going to get back to me but I was wondering if this happened to anybody else.