The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
paladin-1

Skate with the Canes Tickets Available Nov. 3

hmmm, last year i got 8 tickets and this year they are only making 6 available.

Do season ticket holders get preference, or maybe more of an allotment?

Anyone know what time this is usually held?

Usually at 1:00 pm if I remember correctly. I believe this is the first time it's been held during the week though, normally it's on a Sunday.

Do season ticket holders get preference, or maybe more of an allotment?

? I don't really get what you're asking. It says in the article that STH get preference by getting first access to 300 tickets the day before they go on sale to the public. If you're speaking of the tickets themselves, they are all the same (just separated into 3 different color groups).

If the limit for STH is 6, I would imagine the limit for the public will be equal or less. I don't remember what it was last year.

Last year there were half the tickets available for sale the first day for STH's only. The second day of sales was open to everyone (STH and non-STH). Sales started at 9am but we were in line by 7ish. They go fast and furious. It is fun and worth the money. If you think you are going to need an extra ticket or two, go ahead and buy them when you can because you can always sell what you don't need. I think they sold out last year each day within 45 minutes. We will be in line again early.

i have never done skate with the canes before and hope to do it this year,

i am out of school tuesday so what time does everyone suggest i should be in line?

also, how long do we skate with them? i am a skating coach at the garner ice house,

so are we able to bring in our own skates?

sorry, i'm full of questions, haha. :P

It's a wonderful experience, but be prepared for long lines and they really push you through. I think they sold out in like 6 minutes last year, i was online and on the phone simultaneously trying to get through and couldn't get a ticket. Luckily, a friend got one for me.

i have never done skate with the canes before and hope to do it this year,

i am out of school tuesday so what time does everyone suggest i should be in line?

also, how long do we skate with them? i am a skating coach at the garner ice house,

so are we able to bring in our own skates?

sorry, i'm full of questions, haha. :P

You can bring your own skates which I would reccomend so you don't waste your precious ice time trying to find a pair or their loaners. We were lucky and have been the first group on the ice which extended our time to well over an hour.

Did anyone go today to get tickets? How was the lines and how fast did tickets go? I am not a STH and want to get mine tomorrow but I really don't want to get in line at 7. Anyone do it online?

Did anyone go today to get tickets? How was the lines and how fast did tickets go? I am not a STH and want to get mine tomorrow but I really don't want to get in line at 7. Anyone do it online?

Today's tickets were ONLY available thru RBC box office. Last years attempts at going thru STH account manager was a joke. I totally forgot about tickets going on sale today, got to the RBC at 10:10am............absolutely NO line, and tickets still available. Upon showing my STH account card, I got my 6 ticket allotment without any problem whatsoever.

Tomorrow's tickets are available thru ticketmaster sites, and RBC box office. Last year, I tried to get the tickets on the first day of sales via account manager and had nothing but problems. Ended up going to RBC box office and getting in line around 8am the second day of sales. Sales at the box office started 5-10 minutes before 10, if I remember correctly. The choice is yours whether to stand in line, or go thru ticketmaster. If today's lack of a crowd and early demand for tickets was any indication, I'd wager you may have a greater than 50% chance of getting them thru ticketmaster.........but you'll end up paying the ticket surcharges.

I got mine today!

I arrived at exactly 10am. there was a pretty long line, but the wait was short because they had plenty of windows open. Many of the people in line were just exchanging tic's. I was asked twice why there was a line. "Skate with the Canes" I said!

Hopefully all will get them that want them.

Got the Green pack. We skate first!

Can't wait.

The line had maybe 40-50 people in it, it moved fast and they had Dunkin Doughnuts which is always a plus! Not sure what to expect tommorow, especially if they have online sales as well.

I got mine today!

I arrived at exactly 10am. there was a pretty long line, but the wait was short because they had plenty of windows open. Many of the people in line were just exchanging tic's. I was asked twice why there was a line. "Skate with the Canes" I said!

Hopefully all will get them that want them.

Got the Green pack. We skate first!

Can't wait.

I got my ticket off ticketmaster today (at work, couldn't make it to the RBC Center this morning unfortunately) and am part of the "green goalie" group. I wasn't able to find anywhere what the difference between the red line and green goalie group was. Anybody wanna help me out on this one?

I got my ticket off ticketmaster today (at work, couldn't make it to the RBC Center this morning unfortunately) and am part of the "green goalie" group. I wasn't able to find anywhere what the difference between the red line and green goalie group was. Anybody wanna help me out on this one?

Red Line group

6pm til 6:45 Autographs

6:50 to 7:35 Skate

7:40 to 8:25 Locker Room Photos

Blue Line group

6pm til 6:45 Locker Room

6:50 to 7:35 Autographs

7:40 to 8:25 Skate

Goalie Green group

6pm til 6:45 Skate

6:50 to 7:35 Locker Room

7:40 to 8:25 Autographs

I wasn't able to make it to the STH pre-sale yesterday, but I was set up this morning online.

I got mine around 10:04am off ticketmaster's website. I am in the "Red Line Group"

I have been trying to get to this event for a couple years, so this is my first time.

I hear its pretty fun, though I haven't laced them up for quite sometime.

I don't think they is any difference between the two groups, other than where you probably start off. (ie skating, locker-room, autograph session)

From what I've heard, you will be divided up into groups of 200 and rotate accordingly.

I wasn't able to make it to the STH pre-sale yesterday, but I was set up this morning online.

I got mine around 10:04am off Ticketmaster's website. I am in the "Red Line Group"

I have been trying to get to this event for a couple years, so this is my first time.

I hear its pretty fun, though I haven't laced them up for quite sometime.

I don't think they is any difference between the two groups, other than where you probably start off. (ie skating, locker-room, autograph session)

From what I've heard, you will be divided up into groups of 200 and rotate accordingly.

your correct and it will be fun, the guys do a real good job of making sure all autographs are taken care of.

It was interesting that the Ticketmaster website only had the "Red Line Group" and the "Green Goalie Group" listed as available.

Guess the "Blue Line Group" got gobbled up yesterday.

I was first in line this morning (didn't get there until 9:30) and actually asked for Green group and was told they were all sold out. Now I am finding out they must have gone to ticketmaster orders instead. We got redline. We were in green last year so it will be nice to have a different rotation. I was surprised there weren't more people getting tickets. If I remember correctly, last year sold in just minutes. Wonder why it is slower this year? We just look forward to having some fun and spending sometime with the guys.

I was first in line this morning (didn't get there until 9:30) and actually asked for Green group and was told they were all sold out. Now I am finding out they must have gone to Ticketmaster orders instead. We got red line. We were in green last year so it will be nice to have a different rotation. I was surprised there weren't more people getting tickets. If I remember correctly, last year sold in just minutes. Wonder why it is slower this year? We just look forward to having some fun and spending sometime with the guys.

there are two factors affecting ticket sales. 1) Price - it jumped from $50 last year to $75 this year, if you need more than one ticket it gets expensive. 2) Scheduled for a weekday - last year it was on Sunday which was more convenient for families. This year in the middle of a school week, etc. it is a hard ticket to sell.

I just tried Ticketmaster and both green and red tickets are still available. I guess the economy with the price increase has slowed ticket sales. I'm sure the event will sell out just will take more time then usual.