The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
paladin-1

Skate with the Canes Tickets Available Nov. 3

Sounds great to me, I'm pretty pumped about it. I've been wondering what it would be like to skate at the RBC Center, I guess I'll find out soon enough. Hopefully I can get Joe Corvo to John Hancock my 77 jersey :)

Yes, last year it sold out in a couple of minutes. This year i wasn't even going to try, due to meetings I had scheduled for around 10am today, so i just figured I wouldn't be going. Around 1pm I dialed Ticketmasters number and got my ticket. Couldn't believe they weren't sold out...........

there are two factors affecting ticket sales. 1) Price - it jumped from $50 last year to $75 this year, if you need more than one ticket it gets expensive. 2) Scheduled for a weekday - last year it was on Sunday which was more convenient for families. This year in the middle of a school week, etc. it is a hard ticket to sell.

Also add in that alot of people purchased tickets as Christmas gifts last year since the event wasn't until Jan.

Question--I just found out that I got tix for my birthday for skate with the Canes. Problem is, I've never skated and have no intention of humiliating myself there! Does anyone know if it is a big deal if you don't "skate" for the skate portion?

No, it's not a big deal if you don't skate. Lots of folks go and don't skate. However, if the event is being run like it was last year, you won't be allowed out on the ice. There will be a designated area around the rink where the glass is removed and you'll be allowed to sit/stand there. Last year the players were good about both skating on the ice and coming over to meet, take pictures, and autograph items for fans who were on the sidelines. It will be well worth your while even if you don't skate. The entire event is a blast!

No, it's not a big deal if you don't skate. Lots of folks go and don't skate. However, if the event is being run like it was last year, you won't be allowed out on the ice. There will be a designated area around the rink where the glass is removed and you'll be allowed to sit/stand there. Last year the players were good about both skating on the ice and coming over to meet, take pictures, and autograph items for fans who were on the sidelines. It will be well worth your while even if you don't skate. The entire event is a blast!

Agreed. I don't skate either and I was pissed at first when they changed the rules last year, but was pleasantly surprised at how it was handled. Be warned though -- bring a friend that skates if you can because in my group last year not all the players came over -- so it's good to have a friend that will go GET them for you. ;)