The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac247

Williams Return Getting Closer

Blowing the smoke up our butts about Williams jump starting the lineup is just gonna make Williams the new whipping boy when he inevitably struggles to get back into game shape after a year of no NHL games.

I am begging all of you to not expect much of Williams and if he does succeed off the bat thats great, but DO NOT expect it. I would not be surprised to see him be in line for 20-30 points over 40 gp.

Blowing the smoke up our butts about Williams jump starting the lineup is just gonna make Williams the new whipping boy when he inevitably struggles to get back into game shape after a year of no NHL games.

I am begging all of you to not expect much of Williams and if he does succeed off the bat thats great, but DO NOT expect it. I would not be surprised to see him be in line for 20-30 points over 40 gp.

If he's put back with Brind'Amour, I will have no expectations since things have changed since the Williams/Brind'Amour pairing was so successful.

Getting Williams back would be huge for this team in the long term, but he isn't going to come back after being out for SOOOO long and immediately spark this line up to get back to its scoring and hard working ways from the end of last season or the Cup year.

As much as I love Brindy, he needs to be inserted at the 3rd line center spot. Cullen has been doing a great job lately with his line and he needs more ice time to do it. I do think Walker should be put back with Cullen as well. Eaves is a guy who I honestly thought was going to have a break out year like Williams had when he finally settled in here, but based on his play so far he looks like a complete bust. I have no idea what to do with him once he returns. I'm hoping the return of Kaberle may make Babchuk lose a few minutes because I think Kaberle actually was playing pretty decently to start the season.

I agree with the following points mostly made above:

1. Williams, when close to 100% is a potential All-Star, proven 30 goal scorer, whose work ethic has always been strong.

Getting him back willl ultimately make the team much better.

2. It will take him at least 8-10 games to become signficantly effective, and he will likely hurt the team his first 3-4

games back as he will be long removed from NHL action.

3. Williams will need a good center to work with. Right now we are weak in that department. I would rather have Brindy

back to 06 form. But that may not happen. If we don't get Staal on track and Brindy either on track or demoted,

Williams won't be enough to get us out of the .500 level logjam that is the majority of the NHL.

Overall, good news though. He will definitely be chomping at the bit and just happy to be out there. He can certainly spark the team. He is a huge upgrade over the recurrently injured, non productive Eaves.

I think JW returning will spark the team. The chemistry he and Brindy have is definitely unique. I was also wondering about Dwight Helminen, I know we sent him back down, but I was thinking he showed a hell of a lot of promise. I could see a future where this kid and JW could be paired as I thought he and Brindy had similar styles of play.

Ok...maybe for money reasons we don't want to axe Lavi.....can we demote him? Give Frances the reigns.

Two quick questions:

1.)What does that have to do with Williams returning early?

2.)Is firing Lavi all you talk about?

As for Williams, his return to the lineup should boost the team, hopefully with goal-scoring, but more than likely just emotionally. Looking forward to having him back, and here's hoping we're not rushing him.

Two quick questions:

1.)What does that have to do with Williams returning early?

2.)Is firing Lavi all you talk about?

As for Williams, his return to the lineup should boost the team, hopefully with goal-scoring, but more than likely just emotionally. Looking forward to having him back, and here's hoping we're not rushing him.

Question 3. Who is Frances?