The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
super_dave_1

I'm thankful on Thanksgiving

I am thankful that I have been able to take my 3 yr old son to two games and he has had a blast and I can not remember if we won or lost. Him having fun...seeing Stormy etc. :)

I just wish that people, even though they pay good money to see the Canes, would quit complaining about not getting their money's worth and just enjoy it for what it is win or lose.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that has something to be thankful for. I talk hockey every day with my 15 year old daughter. My 8 year old daughter asked me Thursday morning if we won Wednesday. I said no and she said "Daddy, that's three in a row". How much more could I ask for?

I also have a daughter that is at NCSU and is able to run over and buy the 9.99 tickets on game day. If she can go, I buy her and her boyfriend tickets, if not, she leaves them at Will Call. It's cheaper even if I buy her tickets and I'm helping to build the fan base. I'm very thankful for cheap tickets.

I'm also thankful to have an online community of good folks with whom I can talk puck. B)

I'm thankful for Tuomo Ruutu's cuteness.

Ruu's looks are closer to dashing and handsome, I'd say, but I'll leave that discussion to the CanesGirls ladies. ;)

Jan/GSBG

... really Im Thankful for My Family and Friends and Life in general.. :)

And for being able, as I'd said earlier today, to have the chance to chat with good folks such as DP on these boards, making this a super community of Caniacs around the world.

Jan/GSBG

Don't forget Brindy's guts and leadership, while we're at it.

Yeah...there are many ways to describe his looks. Tehehehe.

True, Jazzy. Heck, every attractive male was cute to me when I was 15. Now, 32 years later, I've developed a vocabulary that matches every type of masculine comeliness. That's one of the best surprises of hanging around for nearly five decades! :D (I think CanesGirls beckons ... :P)

Jan/GSBG

Don't forget Brindy's guts and leadership, while we're at it.

True, Jazzy. Heck, every attractive male was cute to me when I was 15. Now, 32 years later, I've developed a vocabulary that matches every type of masculine comeliness. That's one of the best surprises of hanging around for nearly five decades! :D (I think CanesGirls beckons ... :P)

Jan/GSBG

Wait, are you on CG???

i am thankful that i live in the south and have such a great time at the game. its a "whole" experience. good ticket prices, expensive parking, long lines, over priced beer, lousy sound, good friends, and good hockey, except the going 4-0 in the second. and being close to a .500 team. and not going to the playoffs two years in a row after wining the cup. that makes my whole day.

i am thankful that i live in the south and have such a great time at the game. its a "whole" experience. good ticket prices, expensive parking, long lines, over priced beer, lousy sound, good friends, and good hockey, except the going 4-0 in the second. and being close to a .500 team. and not going to the playoffs two years in a row after wining the cup. that makes my whole day.

And I thought I was bitter, jaded, negative... :lol:

its a "whole" experience. good ticket prices, expensive parking, long lines, over priced beer ... makes my whole day.

I'll take your $10 parking in RBC's spotless parking lot, $10 top-tier seats, and $6.50 pulled-pork sammies any day, jay. If the Ducks' prices for parking ($15 in the regular lot, and $20 for the "premium" location), seats (most of the top-tank seats start at $32.50), and munchies ($9.50 for undersized sandwiches and a tiny side of stale kettle chips) matched the Canes, I'd have a prayer of being able to see a game in person this year. As it stands so far, I won't.

Jan/GSBG