The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac247

2008-09 Injuries

Freisen should go...please, just fire him JR...before Staal gets hurt.

JR did say they were looking into why our players are always injured. I would love to know what they find out and if they are going to release that information.

Yeah if Pete Friesen was worth a damn he would have jumped out on the ice and put himself between Gleason's knee and the boards. It was his responsibilty to wrap his loving arms Wallin to protect his head too.

Ever play hockey or skate? Groin tweaks come a dime a dozen especially at the start of the season when your skating at game speed for the first time in a few months.

This is a contact sport folks and *edit* happens. JR needs a scapegoat and since he already made nice with Lavi, Friesen is next in line.

*******Worth a re-post from another thread.

that was a re-post from this thread.. why was this needed?

and im pretty sure there's not going to be THAT much contact in the training camp..

Freisen should go...please, just fire him JR...before Staal gets hurt.

Yeah if Pete Friesen was worth a damn he would have jumped out on the ice and put himself between Gleason's knee and the boards. It was his responsibilty to wrap his loving arms Wallin to protect his head too.

Ever play hockey or skate? Groin tweaks come a dime a dozen especially at the start of the season when your skating at game speed for the first time in a few months.

This is a contact sport folks and *edit* happens. JR needs a scapegoat and since he already made nice with Lavi, Friesen is next in line.

Perhaps, but show me one NHL team that has injuries to 8 starting players right now... On a similar note, XM radio keeps mentioning that the new, stiffer skates could be to blame for injuries around the league. Just a thought.

could any of the imjuries come as a result of poor ice conditions

Yeah...I'm waiting for neck problems from watching those pucks zing by going into the net.

Anyone else get the feeling like we're sandbagging to make it look like things are bad? Okay, so I'm just trying to be optimistic and pretend that all these ridiculous injuries before the season even starts, are actually just a fakeout and the Canes are going to come out storming on opening night with an actual healthy roster (minus probably Willie.. don't think there's any faking that one.)

Oh well, I'm just fooling myself, but I really wish it were the case.

I freely admit that I have no special insight into this area, but at some point one has to start to at least question our training methods. I was willing to accept the idea that our injuries came as a result of our fast paced style of play, but clearly that isn't causing all of these preseason injuries. The only fast paced thing this preseason is goals against. (A nod to WStout's clever line).

I guy getting his knee bent backwards or taking a blow to the head vs. ice is no fault of the trainer, but some of these pulls and tweaks and tendon tears....maybe?

If all these players miss more than the first 8 - 10 games, we're going to be in a hole early. Our depth at offense is gone now, and we have key defensemen gone too. At least we still have Corvo and Pitkanen (knock on wood, this team has horrible luck with staying healthy).

EDIT: Well, most of these players.