The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac247

2008-09 Injuries

Is there any chance this thread will just go away? :(

Just delete the thread, and we can pretend like these injuries don't exist. :huh:

Hey, maybe if we all think positive thoughts, at the same time the injuries would go away. :unsure:

Just delete the thread, and we can pretend like these injuries don't exist. :huh:

Hey, maybe if we all think positive thoughts, at the same time the injuries would go away. :unsure:

if you have been here long enough you know that isn't possible :P

Here this should rally the troops:

despair08.jpg

despair1.jpg

Despair-738423.jpg

defeat.jpg

There, now this thread is on track again!

On the positive side, Sammy looks OK, and Corvo's doing well...which, I guess, takes us down to 7?
But Cullen got hurt, so that brings us back to 8...right? So hard to keep track of them all. :(

What.

The.

Hell.

What happened?

He took a blindsided hit in the first (which caused Walker to have a fight standing up for Cullen). Lord Stanley's Blog said they held Cullen out after that for "precautionary reasons" but Chuck K. said in the second period intermission that Cullen was injured.

He took a blindsided hit in the first (which caused Walker to have a fight standing up for Cullen). Lord Stanley's Blog said they held Cullen out after that for "precautionary reasons" but Chuck K. said in the second period intermission that Cullen was injured.

I think I'm going to cry.

Or shout expletives at the hockey gods.

In case it hasn't already been mentioned, Melichar also got an injury - puck to the face. He bled all the way across the ice and there had to be a time out so they could scrape up the trail of blood. OH and did I mention Scott Walker bent over in pain for several minutes because he hurt his hand on some guys face? Those guys came back of course, lets just hope they heal nicely.

Laviolette said on 99.9 that Cullen tested negative for a concussion, but they held him out of the game due to stiffness in his neck.

They also said Cullen didn't have a concussion the first time. I hope it's just a stiff neck.

According to Forslund the NHL has a new policy regarding teams releasing info on injured players. Not sure of the details but the gist of it is that the only thing a team has to say about a specific injured player is whether or not that player will return to the game at hand.

In other words teams will release even less info than before. I understand this from a strategic and player safety perspective - but as a fan it drives me nuts.

At least tell us when some of these hurt guys MAY return. How can this info be detrimental to strategy or safety?

Cmon JR - throw a bone to some of us Caniacs starvin for info.

In case it hasn't already been mentioned, Melichar also got an injury - puck to the face. He bled all the way across the ice and there had to be a time out so they could scrape up the trail of blood. OH and did I mention Scott Walker bent over in pain for several minutes because he hurt his hand on some guys face? Those guys came back of course, lets just hope they heal nicely.
Scotty needs to alternate hands for punches, it will cut down on the repetitive motion syndrome. I'm starting to think a face cut is the "Welcome to the team" gift(Melichar, Ruutu).

I guess SCOTTY won???

I guess SCOTTY won???

No Not at all.... that other guy really bruised Walks knuckles with his face. Thats why Scotty had to go to the locker room to ask Friesen to pull the teeth out of his hand :lol: They both got in some good shots but once again Walks acquitted himself and his team mates very well.

Scotty needs to alternate hands for punches, it will cut down on the repetitive motion syndrome. I'm starting to think a face cut is the "Welcome to the team" gift(Melichar, Ruutu).

or atleast fight guys WITHOUT visors!

can someone ask bandaid for a sponsorship, seriously.

LOL, apparently Rex Healthcare isnt getting the job done.