The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac247

2008-09 Injuries

Any word on who will replace Pitkanen? I am hoping Conboy will be called up...it will either be him or Borer, most likely.
Babchuk will take that spot. But if one more d-man goes down, I wonder if Lavi will turn to his Defensemen Coach and say, "Hey, Wes, just wondering, what kind o' shape are you in?"

Babchuk will take that spot. But if one more d-man goes down, I wonder if Lavi will turn to his Defensemen Coach and say, "Hey, Wes, just wondering, what kind o' shape are you in?"

Even though I hate when players do that, I wouldn't be opposed because it is desperately needed and it is early in the season, not the middle/end.

i don't know if anyone has posted any updates on the condition of kaberle -- i was looking at espn's box-score for the st. louis game, and they had him listed as a scratch with a "broken leg"??? was the injury that severe???

My girlfriend heard during the St. Louis game that Kaberle has a leg fracture. She doesn't remember exactly how long they said they expect him to be out but she seems to think it's a month or less.

Canes take on the Ducks tonight. And now have 3 very good INJURED players. Scott Walker, Tim Gleason, and Dennis Siedenberg. Tim and Dennis are 2 of the best defenseman on the team, Canes need to be careful, this could be a problem. Let's see how we do tonight. GO canes!

You forgot to mention Williams, and the possibly nagging injuries to Staal, Brindy, and Eaves. All teams deal with injuries, it is how the others step up their game when it happens. We stepped it up last year after Brindy got hurt, But again injuries are a part of the game and all teams have them. We just seem to have had our share, hopefully all of our players will be healthy soon, and we can have a chance to put some nice winning streaks together. If we win 6 out of every 10 games it makes us a playoff team :)

Our biggest division rival currently has something like 8-9 of their starters injured and not playing. Injuries are part of any sport, especially 1 this intense and physically demanding. You just have to deal with it...

Our biggest division rival currently has something like 8-9 of their starters injured and not playing. Injuries are part of any sport, especially 1 this intense and physically demanding. You just have to deal with it...

Exactly very valid point

I was also going to mention that