The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
enforcerforhire

Tim Gleason's injury

I was at the game and saw him go to the dressing room and anybody there saw the injury. I didn't need the N & O to tell me that. The Preds announcers were guessing and said it looked like it was his foot or ankle injury. I thought they had rules about rumors being posted here unless it was in the rumors thread. Maybe it should be moved there. I'm sure Gleason would not appreciate an unconfirmed rumor about his injury being on the official Hurricane website being circulated. <_<

doesn't belong in the rumor area, he definitely is injured! as to what the injury is, well that is a grey area but i for one appreciate TSA keeping it open. this isn't one of those i heard from a cousin twice removed of JR's masseuse that so and so might be traded for a bag of pucks type thing.

doesn't belong in the rumor area, he definitely is injured! as to what the injury is, well that is a grey area but i for one appreciate TSA keeping it open. this isn't one of those i heard from a cousin twice removed of JR's masseuse that so and so might be traded for a bag of pucks type thing.

So everytime a player is injured we can just start a thread that we heard what the injury was no matter how true or far fetched it is since it's a fact that they were injured? Wow I find that very interesting and wonder what JR and the players think of that? I guess I'll just have to find out for myself. ;)

Come on guys, this shouldn't be too hard to figure out. First logical question - did Gleason and/or Eaves travel with the team to Florida last night? I assume the the team left for the airport soon after the game, and that they are there by now. Whatever journalist or blogger travels with the team and covers them should have posted at least that much.

If they are with the team, then the injuries should not be as bad as first thought of. If they didn't travel to Florida, then it's more serious. Also, if there are any Albany insiders who may know if a Rat or 2 have suddenly packed their toilettries and were handed plane tickets to Miami, that could be a useful hint.

As for Gleason he did not travel with the team. He was scheduled for an MRI this morning in Raleigh. Now whether or not he had a ticket in hand to meet them later, I don't know. Guess it would depend on the injury itself. But even if its not as bad as some are thinking, he likely wouldn't play tonight anyway. So in other words, they may just keep in Raleigh.

And Eaves, no clue if he travelled with the team or not.

As for Gleason he did not travel with the team. He was scheduled for an MRI this morning in Raleigh. Now whether or not he had a ticket in hand to meet them later, I don't know. Guess it would depend on the injury itself. But even if its not as bad as some are thinking, he likely wouldn't play tonight anyway. So in other words, they may just keep in Raleigh.

And Eaves, no clue if he travelled with the team or not.

can i ask how you know this? not trying to argue, but just curious...

NHLNet is reporting Patrick Dwyer has been recalled. Just seen it on their bottom line ticker. Must be related to Patrick Eaves.

That makes sense since they're both PK'rs. Now we'll see if any dmen have been called up. I dont think Kaberle is game ready yet and both Babchuk and Melichar have proved they're not dependable for the last pairing. If Gleason is out for any period of time, I would guess that Nic Wallin would move up to Gleason's spot, he's proved he can play well with Iceberg.

Even a low ankle or foot sprain can keep you out a couple of games till the swelling comes down enough to put pressure on it.

So every time a player is injured we can just start a thread that we heard what the injury was no matter how true or far fetched it is since it's a fact that they were injured? Wow I find that very interesting and wonder what JR and the players think of that? I guess I'll just have to find out for myself. ;)

how many times have we started a thread when we "thought" a player "might" be traded?? LOL

both Babchuk and Melichar have proved they're not dependable for the last pairing.

hope the MRI is good news but yeah one of these 2 dmen has got a golden opportunity to step it up now, which neither has done yet this season.

Just get Conboy!

If we're calling up an AHL defenseman to actually play D in a game I think Borer or someone else who actually plays defense well is a better move. I like Conboy's grit but I wouldn't want to rely on him any more than Babs or Melichar.

If we're calling up an AHL defenseman to actually play D in a game I think Borer or someone else who actually plays defense well is a better move. I like Conboy's grit but I wouldn't want to rely on him any more than Babs or Melichar.
And like I said before. Conboy more than likely would not be the best call up right now anyways. He is not playing all that great so far this season and he has had alot of trouble staying out of the penalty box this season. He has been letting his temper get the best of him this season. I am sure the Canes do not want to call up a guy that is just going to sit in the penalty box and make them sorthanded the whole night.

Come on guys, this shouldn't be too hard to figure out. First logical question - did Gleason and/or Eaves travel with the team to Florida last night? I assume the the team left for the airport soon after the game, and that they are there by now. Whatever journalist or blogger travels with the team and covers them should have posted at least that much.

If they are with the team, then the injuries should not be as bad as first thought of. If they didn't travel to Florida, then it's more serious. Also, if there are any Albany insiders who may know if a Rat or 2 have suddenly packed their toilettries and were handed plane tickets to Miami, that could be a useful hint.

Re. Gleason injury, it looked bad at first, then he got up and skated to the bench pretty much on his own. However once he stepped off the ice he looked like he was in a lot of pain, and had to be helped walking down the tunnel to the locker room.

I am only real Rats fan that is on here all the time. And I knew about as much as you guys knew up untill I saw on that same ticker that Dwyer had been called up. We have not had a home game here in Albany since last Friday.

Gleason is a super tough kid, and it was probably "his call" to try it out again, however breifly it was.

There are several tests, but like this thread, its just "guess work" until he has an MRI and it it read by the doctor.

People can still walk if they have an ACL tear, so gliding and pushing off with one foot might not have been that hard for someone as tough as him. Some football players have torn it then played the rest of the game too. I'm not saying that's what it is, but we won't be able to accurately judge based on him skating off or coming back for a second, imo.

well for starters, we were at the game, he left limping, didn't come back, usually means an issue with the ACL. It isn't like the poster suggested he left with labor pains.

:huh: A player leaves limping usually means an issue with the ACL????????? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

How long you been watching hockey??

Per John Foslund Gleason has an ankle sprain. Says he is trying to come back Wednesday, but Forslund was doubtful, said he'll likely miss 2 weeks.

How can that be possible? Limping usually means an ACL injury!! :rolleyes:

Am glad it's "only" a sprain though.

Per John Foslund Gleason has an ankle sprain. Says he is trying to come back Wednesday, but Forslund was doubtful, said he'll likely miss 2 weeks.

wow we are lucky...and is it any surprise he is trying to get back by wednesday? :)

I heard that (along w/ the "Corvo is human turnover machine" talk), a lot from Ottawa fans after the trade and I just thought they were talking trash and trying to make it look like they "won" the trade. I took it for what it was - talking smack. Now, I am not sure anymore, esp. the Eaves part.