The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
sandhillscaniac

JWILLIE back in a couple weeks?

according to Tripper #11 could be back in as little as 2-3 weeks. Amazing if true.

Also says Sutter is close and Pitkanen could play against Ott tomorrow night - I'm psyched.

No it ain't true. Let's not cause the board to freak out lol.

I thought I heard that he may be "skating" in a few weeks. He still has a road ahead with rehab, strength training and conditioning.

But the fact that he may be back on skates soon is pretty amazing.

lol all you want pal - just repeating what Tripper said twice during the game.

I hope you're right. ;)

I took what ol' Tripp Tacy said as meaning that Williams would be back on skates in a few weeks. I imagine it would take a little longer to get back to game shape after that. But still that's pretty insane too considering the nature of his injury. I guess the good thing about a hockey skate is that it's almost like an extra brace especially if you use a bunch of tape.

Lets remember they seemed to rush him back last year after the knee and he went down with another injury because he wasn't game ready. Hopefully he takes his time, rehabs the whole body, and comes back for the new year. I'd rather have him healthy in Feb than broke again in late Dec.

lol all you want pal - just repeating what Tripper said twice during the game.

That's not what Tripp said. He said Williams would be skating very soon. He's still months away from a return. There's a LOT of misinformation here.

Let's not start wild rumors filled with unjustified optimism. I know that the loss from last night hurts really bad, and in times like that it's easy to start wishing for miracles. And Justin Williams coming back in a few weeks or by Christmas or even by March would be a miracle. I'd rather assume we won't see him at all this season and then be pleasantly surprised if he ends up coming back. And by that I mean a legitimate comeback, not like the late last season team chemistry screwjob consisting of bringing not fully recovered players back into the lineup in the most important games of the season while benching their replacements that did so well in their absence. Honestly, I'd rather see him not suit up for the rest of the season then come back and play way below his potential due to not being 100% recovered from the injury.

according to Tripper #11 could be back in as little as 2-3 weeks. Amazing if true.

Also says Sutter is close and Pitkanen could play against Ott tomorrow night - I'm psyched.

You misheard Tripp. He said Pitkanen could be back on the ice skating tomorrow, not playing. He also said Sutter is on the ice working. He then mentioned that Williams is looking to get on ice training in the next 2 weeks. He won't be ready to play in 2 weeks. He'll have to start skating on his own, then he'll have to be cleared for contact, then he'll have to get a couple contact practices in before he can play.

It is good news that Williams is ahead of schedule, but don't fool yourself into thinking he'll be playing in a game in 2-3 weeks.

Did anyone else hear Tripp say Sutter had a collapsed lung? W.T.F? If thats the case I don't care what Weight did for this team, someone has to rip him a new one.

Yeah I heard him say that too and that his breathing is back to full capacity. Skating Hard today, Easy tomorrow, Hard one Sunday and Easy again on Monday. Then they'll evaluate him to see how his Gourd is.

The real question on the front burner is when is Cullen back? In my opinion we need him to center the second line and give Brindy a breather.

Clearly JWilliams will not be back for a while, though getting Pitkanen back would be great. This guy needs to be in there. Plus, getting him and Kaberle back would allow some kind of trade involving dmen to go down.

Sutter had a pneumothorax? Really? Dang. The only good that could come out of that is that the team doesn't rush him back from his concussion a'la Matt Cullen last year.

This thread just gets me imagining the potential for this team if healthy.

Lets remember they seemed to rush him back last year after the knee and he went down with another injury because he wasn't game ready. Hopefully he takes his time, rehabs the whole body, and comes back for the new year. I'd rather have him healthy in Feb than broke again in late Dec.

Nah Friesen said awhile back that the injury he suffered end of last season was unrelated to the knee and if we had made the playoffs that Justin was ready to play first game.

You misheard Tripp. He said Pitkanen could be back on the ice skating tomorrow, not playing. He also said Sutter is on the ice working. He then mentioned that Williams is looking to get on ice training in the next 2 weeks. He won't be ready to play in 2 weeks. He'll have to start skating on his own, then he'll have to be cleared for contact, then he'll have to get a couple contact practices in before he can play.

It is good news that Williams is ahead of schedule, but don't fool yourself into thinking he'll be playing in a game in 2-3 weeks.

Again - just repeating what Tripp said - maybe I misheard on JWillie but not about Pitkanen - he said that he could play tonight.

Let's not start wild rumors filled with unjustified optimism. I know that the loss from last night hurts really bad, and in times like that it's easy to start wishing for miracles.

For what its worth I posted this middle of the game after what Tripp said. Had nothing to do with hurting really bad from a loss or wishing for miracles. I don't make a habit of starting wild rumors nor am I filled with unjustified optimism.

Once again - all I did was post what I heard - understand?

Again - just repeating what Tripp said - maybe I misheard on JWillie but not about Pitkanen - he said that he could play tonight.

I can tell you Pitkanen is NOT playing tonight.

Pitkanen has yet to practice. What makes you think he can play tonight? Trip said Pitkanen will be on the ice tomorrow, as in skating by himself. You misunderstood what Trip met.

For what its worth I posted this middle of the game after what Tripp said. Had nothing to do with hurting really bad from a loss or wishing for miracles. I don't make a habit of starting wild rumors nor am I filled with unjustified optimism.

Once again - all I did was post what I heard - understand?

All right, then. I am sorry if I offended you in any way. Then again, you should have considered the source. Don't take anything he says too seriously :lol:

Are you citing Tripp Tracy as the source? Since when was he really credible on anything other than where to get the best hot dogs in the RBC Center? However if it is true that would be awwwweeesssooome