The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Caniac5

Peters or Manzato for Backup Goalie?

Didn't Manzato give up like 4 goals in 1 period to the Caps in the preseason?

Peters is a higher draft pick, and has more AHL experience. I'd say go w/ him.

In any way only time the called up guy gets to see any ice time is a Leighton injury (God help us! :unsure: ) or a blowout loss (where it doesn't really matter anymore).

How about Mike Murphy.

:)

lol. :D would we get someone from the river rats??? I say that we get the best one they have! we really need a good golie like Came or BETTER! Is there anyone on the River rats that are really good? The canes are not going to go to the playoffs if we do not get a better golie. ( I do not think they are going to go to the playoffs now if they do not start winning but i still have hope! :blush: )

Well if you asked me this earler in the season or even about two weeks ago it would have been a toss up but I more than likley would have said Manzato. He has been more consistant all season long. But right now I would have to go with Peters. The past two weeks or so he has been on fire and looking like a goalie that is determined to win. Not that Manzato has been doing bad but right now Peters is just the hotter of the two. And I think if Peters gets the call and gets to go up and see how it is up there with the big club and get to work with Leights again even if for a short time it could do wonders for his confidence. Because when we had Leights and Peters here last year Leights seemed to bring out the best in Peters.

Why is this even a thread?

Not only is it already announced Peters will be the one, I don't see how anyone could think anyone but him would be called up.

Common sense people! We can do it!