The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
section110

Which one will happen first

At least Samsonov is trying....he's getting chances, he just can't hit the broadside of a barn right now. The same won't be said of Staal. Laviolette would NEVER bench Staal...and Rutherford will fire Laviolette before putting Sergie on waivers.

Bold prediction. The team gets it together and goes on a winning streak. Am I crazy? Probably, but this is it, make no mistake about it, this is it.

The team goes one of three ways.

1. Continue the slide. If it is ugly for the next 4 home games: coach probably gets fired.

2. Hit or miss. Player shake up.

3. Rise from the ashes and put it all together over the next 4 games. This is it. This my vote.

It may be the contrarian in me, but the slide has been about 4 games, enough time to pull out, especially if we get a few breaks. Of course, I could be wrong.

I just say, Nobody gets fired, nobody sits.. We just need to stop slacking off and start playing some Hockey, we need to stop putting up threads and saying We should Fire the Coach and Sit players.. Why? Every team in the league goes on a loosing streak sometime in the Season, Remember Mighty Detroit Last year? If i remember correctly they went on a 7 Loosing streak or something like that.. Nobody fired him or anything.. I think since we are all a little too sensitive and over reacting we start saying crazy talk.. Like if that was the only reason we are loosing.. Come on guys..

Don't get me wrong I'm mad about our loosing streak, but this is the time for somebody to step up..

I just say, Nobody gets fired, nobody sits.. We just need to stop slacking off and start playing some Hockey, we need to stop putting up threads and saying We should Fire the Coach and Sit players.. Why? Every team in the league goes on a loosing streak sometime in the Season, Remember Mighty Detroit Last year? If i remember correctly they went on a 7 Loosing streak or something like that.. Nobody fired him or anything.. I think since we are all a little too sensitive and over reacting we start saying crazy talk.. Like if that was the only reason we are loosing.. Come on guys..

Don't get me wrong I'm mad about our loosing streak, but this is the time for somebody to step up..

I was about to post something... then I read my thoughts in your words. I couldn't agree more.

Remember Detroit routinely makes the playoffs and has not suffered over 2 seasons of this effortless hockey. Something must be done. My vote is a shakeup at the top, Lavi's lost the team, time for a new coach.

Lavi should go. Hes been inconsistent for over 2 years now.

Uh oh, watch what you say. The board police may come after you for voicing an opinion that they don't agree with, LOL

That said, I agree that the team has been inconsistent since they won the Cup. If the slide continues, Lavi is gone.

As I said in another topic - the next 4 games are at home (TBL, MTL, PHX, NSH), 6 points or Lavi's history. And I'd give him the authority to do whatever he feels necessary - bench whoever he wants, call up whoever he wants from Albany, change lines, start Cam or start Leighton, whatever.. he's the coach. But next Sunday evening, we better have at least 24 points or he can start updating his resume.

What are the odds that the defense for forward trade talked about so much before will materialize? I would expect that before any other move - if only because JR already had it in mind if things didn't go well. Of course, that's dependent on JR being able to pull it off in the current situation.

As I said in another topic - the next 4 games are at home (TBL, MTL, PHX, NSH), 6 points or Lavi's history. And I'd give him the authority to do whatever he feels necessary - bench whoever he wants, call up whoever he wants from Albany, change lines, start Cam or start Leighton, whatever.. he's the coach. But next Sunday evening, we better have at least 24 points or he can start updating his resume.

Totally agree. As much as I would hate to see him fired, we have under achieved for over 2 years now! I will be at all four of those games and would love to see us win all 4 games but we have to win at least 2, if not 3 for something not to change. This team is to talented to miss the playoffs 3 years in a row.

Uh oh, watch what you say. The board police may come after you for voicing an opinion that they don't agree with, LOL

That said, I agree that the team has been inconsistent since they won the Cup. If the slide continues, Lavi is gone.

Agree with ya on that!!!

I agree.... They kick it in the ars tomorrow and don't look back.

I don't know the answer, but I do know we're seeing a rerun of last season and we know how that ended. Last season Staal stepped up and led when Roddy got hurt...but they couldn't close the deal in the end. This is more of the same mail in type play. I spent last season saying someone needs to step up and lead this team from within. I was obviously wrong as was evidenced by the standings at the end of the season. We're all frustrated because we're seeing "the same show" again this year. Yes we won some we probably shouldn't have early on, but I still don't think they've played a complete 60 minute game yet this season. If Tampa wins Sunday I don't think JR has a choice. He has to do something big to shake up the team. I continue to hope they'll get it back on track without a shake-up, (I've been waiting since 06), but my optimism is fading. I like our coach, I like our team, but like a bad marriage, I'm not enjoying this and something needs to change soon.

If everyone is getting silly, how about this for an off the wall answer> Karmanos takes a page out of the Anaheim play book and gets JR to resign. That's the obvious answer.

Look what happens immediately after the Anaheim news, they get a new GM and then Beauchemin tears his ACL and is out for six months. Isn't that backwards. We get the torn ACL's first (to two top players) and the front office survives intact.

If everyone is getting silly, how about this for an off the wall answer> Karmanos takes a page out of the Anaheim play book and gets JR to resign. That's the obvious answer.

Look what happens immediately after the Anaheim news, they get a new GM and then Beauchemin tears his ACL and is out for six months. Isn't that backwards. We get the torn ACL's first (to two top players) and the front office survives intact.

Haha, nice

Stormy gets traded for Lighting Bug? Nah

Canes get a fourth jersey, the Hurrislug? Nah