The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
section110

Which one will happen first

Canes offense will score more than 1 goal? Nah

Sorry, that wasnt nice.

I think Lavi getting fired will happen not because it's necessarily the answer, but because the standard NHL solution to fixing any ailing team is usually firing the coach. (Barry Melrose, anyone?)

Staal will never sit unless he's injured pretty bad, and no one would claim Samsonov at this point. Lavi will be fired before the other two happen, right or wrong, because that's just how it goes in sports. Even when the coach isn't necessarily the biggest problem it is easier to get rid of him than it is to get rid of the entire team.

I think the D is playing better offense than the forwards sometimes. Everyone is playing an unpassionate form of hockey. They don't seem to be fired up, and when they do it's usually WAY too late in the third period. We have the coach, the players, the fans, but we aren't clicking. Maybe the lines need to be shaken up, maybe there needs to be something to spark this team. But if this play continues, something needs to be done. Last year, when we slid in the November/December, JR waited for it to play out. He made the move to shake the team when he traded Stillman and Commodore. After the ASG the Canes went on their big run, but fell short as they faltered late in the run. I think before we do anything big, like fire Lavi, sit Staal, put anyone on Waivers, or trade players, we need to shake the lines. Bayda deserves a top 6 spot, Samsonov deserves a cut to his ice time, Leighton deserves better chances. The night Ward let in 4 goals on 19 or 18 shots, Leighton should have started the third, if not in the end of the second. Lavi put Ward in for the third, let in his fifth goal, and all hope and fire left in the Canes was burnt out after that. If Leighton starts the third, the team possibly could get woken up, play hard, and come back. More of a possibility than keeping Ward in.

NOTE: If the slide doesn't end with a shake up on the lines and players who deserve better chances getting them, then we need to do something along the lines of the given, like firing Lavi or making a trade. To me, I haven't seen the Canes play since November 7th. Since then they haven't come to any of their games.

I think Lavi getting fired will happen not because it's necessarily the answer, but because the standard NHL solution to fixing any ailing team is usually firing the coach. (Barry Melrose, anyone?)

That isn't the "Standard" Solution.. <_< If that was the Standard Solution you would see coaches getting fired every day because teams are not winning..

And Barry Melrose was there for not even 2 months! If a Coach gets fired that early there's are many reasons why, not only because they were not winning..

If everyone is getting silly, how about this for an off the wall answer> Karmanos takes a page out of the Anaheim play book and gets JR to resign. That's the obvious answer.

Look what happens immediately after the Anaheim news, they get a new GM and then Beauchemin tears his ACL and is out for six months. Isn't that backwards. We get the torn ACL's first (to two top players) and the front office survives intact.

I'm sorry but it is hard for JR and Lavi to fight to the best of their abilities with a Karmanos enforced salary cap that is well below the league salary cap. Does any other team do this?

They start offering margaritas at the games, couple of those who cares what they do on the ice?

The Mexican concession stand - Dos Bandito (?) - does sell maragitas. One of the few cheap things they sell is a tamale and chips for $3. However, the margarita is $7.

Bold prediction. The team gets it together and goes on a winning streak. Am I crazy? Probably, but this is it, make no mistake about it, this is it.

It may be the contrarian in me, but the slide has been about 4 games, enough time to pull out, especially if we get a few breaks. Of course, I could be wrong.

Who predicted this? I know it may be bad form, but darn it, I can't help it. Alright, it's not a winning 'streak' really, but close enough.

Please watch your language. This is a family forum. We don't allow the "P" word here.

As Belushi used to say: "Pepsi, Pepsi, no Coke"

All that aside, my new "which one will happen first" OTHER: Justin Williams comes back too soon, just to make sure he can make the Ferrari payments, and re-injures himself.