The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniacmaniacm

Attention Peter K., Jim R., and Crew......

Trading every forward but Ruutu and LaRose for Semin and Ovechkin and the Cup win was a fluke was rational?

Maybe for the way most fans are acting now, but thats about it.

Where in this thread are you reading this? Have I missed something?

The 06 cup was a fluke.

NEED TO CHANGE NOW. Trade all our forwards except larose, williams and rutuu to the caps for semin and oveckin that would help us for scoring then bring up the rest of the rats at least they play with heart.

Right there. Both on page 2.

Right there. Both on page 2.

Ahh, I skipped the red printing, not good on the eyes.

Ok, one post was silly but Im guessing he was being sarcastic to make his point, and mostly he/she was agreeing with you.

As for Bigbander's comment, most of Canada believes that the 06 Cup win was a fluke (although realistically they know the Cup can't be won by a fluke), and unfortunately the past 2 seasons havent done much to change that opinon.

If one attends a "relationship management" course, one is taught that one source of conflict is unmet expectations. For the past three years the Caniac Nation has been fed the line the team will be a legitimate contender for the Cup.

With the team's play the past two years and one-fourth of a way this year, this is clearly not the case. At best they just might sneak into the playoffs as a eighth-seed. Would it be best to have a "fire sale" and shed the high-priced talent in favor of draft picks? Who knows?

Unmet expectations is right! This team did disappoint a lot of us last year by not making the playoffs, but we can't let that disappointment cloud our perceptions of reality. The Canes were not simply trying to sneek into the playoffs as a eighth-seed, last year. They came up one win short of the Division crown, and only three teams in the East had more wins than Carolina's 43. We gave away the three spot, and allowed two other teams to sneek in on the final weekend when we won only one of three April games. The experts wrote this team off in February, when Brindy went down. We were 9-2-1 in March without him. Washington's incredible run beat us out. Frustrating and disappointing to be sure, but not pathetic, the way this thread makes us think.

The frustrations mount again this year because we we're on the same track of losing too many points in November and December. But December has just begun and this team can turn it around. Or would you rather shed the talent and hold a fire sale. We could be like Buffalo, struggling for an identity. The Sabres are 3-7 in their past ten games and just got shut out at home last night. I'll take Carolina's slump over that record any day. But we have to execute on the ice, and the power play is where we need to do that. A couple of pp goals each night and the Canes would be dominating the entire league right now. Does Nike make skates? Because all we need right now is "Just Do It."

Last year the 5 forwards on the pp was an awsome trial. where did that go????? i thought it worked pretty well for us. now its not around.

It worked fantastic until opposing teams figured out that attacking the blue line could rattle our forwards (primarily Hamilton) and I think that experiment culminated in the infamous game against the Islanders in which Jon Sim scored two shorthanded goals on the same Canes power play. (My recollection may be off there, but I know Sim had two shorties in one game and I know in the same game we we gave up two goals on one power play - three total for the game, I do believe.)

As it is now, aren't we running 2 D-men on the PP? We've got two guys in Corvo and Pitkanen that can man the points. Why not go with four forwards to try and spice things up? For instance:

Corvo-Staal

Brind'Amour-Whitney-Walker

Pitkanen-Cullen

Ruutu-Samsonov-Bayda/Williams

Or something to this extent. Particularly, I think putting Staal on the point would keep him from having his shoulder pushed around down low and allow him to unload from the blue line, where I've seen him be effective before. (2006 playoffs, a few games last year - the March game against Buffalo sticks to mind.) Ya got Ruutu and Walker on each line to open up shop in front of the net, Whitney and Samsonov to dangle and make some room. And you got some versatility at the blue line. The caveat here is that Pitkanen and Corvo would have to stay home (not exactly their MO) and be content in moving the puck and putting slapshots on net.

Next the coaching. Lavs brought us a cup, great. He hasnt produced in the following years. Last year the 5 forwards on the pp was an awsome trial. where did that go????? i thought it worked pretty well for us. now its not around. The dump and run.....WOW thats been done and and were getting beat on that every time. EVERYONE KNOWS THAT WERE GONNA DO THAT. STOP IT, BAD LAV. Need to chage the stragey a bit. shake it up find something new. New isnt always better, but in the case it may be. Now im gonna go out on a limb here.....i think we need a "player coach" someone who has spent time on the ice, im not sure if Lav has, but i think that would be a good move.

FYI: Lavi is a 'players coach'

okay......my first post of the season (and firesuit firmly in place).

here is my question........IF staal is hurt, AND he's totally unproductive when he's on the ice, WHY don't they sit him for a few games??? from my standpoint, his contribution couldn't be much less at this point. whether it's physical or mental, our so-called "franchise player" needs to get his act together or the coaching staff needs to reorganize around the players that are working their tails off.

i know that there are those of you who post that he is helpful off the puck.......but i'm just not seeing it. not for the money and hype he generates. and if he can't produce because brind'amour, not him, wears the "C" (as someone suggested in another thread), then he needs to rethink his role with the team. i personally don't think that's the case.....and i know he is double-teamed ect, but that comes with the territory and the same happens to other "stars" and they manage to earn points anyway. and does he "whine"? not so much in words, but he's developed a crosby-like expression when things don't go his way that irks me immensely.

so.....flame away, guys. i'm as frustrated as the rest of you. :angry:

FYI: Lavi is a 'players coach'

ok maybe i was misunderstood, i ment a coach who has played in the nhl, like gretzgy (sp) i know lavs is a "players coach" but i ment a player who has become a coach. i didnt know if he had played or not. some people play the game and move up, and others just know how to play and coach. sorry if there was a misunderstanding.

ok maybe i was misunderstood, i ment a coach who has played in the nhl, like gretzgy (sp) i know lavs is a "players coach" but i ment a player who has become a coach. i didnt know if he had played or not. some people play the game and move up, and others just know how to play and coach. sorry if there was a misunderstanding.

Lavi played minor league hockey and his career was ended by and eye injury I think.

Lavi played minor league hockey and his career was ended by and eye injury I think.

That's Mo's story. Pretty sure Lavi's career was ended by mediocrity. :) He was in the minors for several years and had a brief stint with the Rangers.

That's Mo's story. Pretty sure Lavi's career was ended by mediocrity. :) He was in the minors for several years and had a brief stint with the Rangers.

Oops, I knew it was one of them. My bad.

The amount of beyond silly comments in this thread is overwelming.

- Trade every forward but Ruutu and LaRose for Ovechkin and Semin - Um, wow. Are you serious? What has Ryan Bayda done that is so bad? What about Matt Cullen? To me, the only real disapointments have been Samsonov, Brindy Eaves and possibly Staal (even though he's getting hammered, double teammed and probably isn't healthy) I could go off on a 20 paragraph rant about this about how the league would never allow it, there are salary cap issues, the team would be pathetic past the first line, but I'll just stop right there.

- The 06 Cup was a fluke - Um, wow. Are you serious? That team 9 games in row twice that season. You can win a few in a row and they be all fluke wins, but 9 in row? Not possible. 9 in a row twice.....yeah enough said.

Fans are FREAKING out right now. Like I said earlier, there are still lots and lots of good things going on right now and potentional for this team to be dangerous. Those who don't recognize that probably don't understand hockey very well. However there is no doubt there is cause for concern at this point b/c this team can't score.

But all these comments like trade the whole team and the cup was a fluke....wow.

hahahah you just gotta laugh at those comments :lol: