The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
happycamper

Roll Call!!!! Canes vs Pens Dec 3rd!

I've been planning for several months now to come down and see the two Canes games this weekend and I am sure as heck not gonna change those plans now. This may not be the change I expected, but it's a change and I am 100% supportive of as always.

Gonna buy tickets at the box office day of game so save us some seats!

I'll be there for the weekend games.

I was one that felt Lavi deserved to serve out the season. The team was/is still 'in the hunt' (let's face it, the NHL has very few 'dominating' teams -- there are a few at the top and at the bottom, but the Canes -- like a whole lot of other teams -- are in that mess of a middle without much differentiating them) and Lavi hadn't had his full team on the ice yet. With his 30 goal scorer Williams back, he would have finally had a major offensive tool back and should have been given the chance to play that out.

But, what is done is done. As a long-time Vikings fan, this move reminds me of when the Vikings brought back long-time coach Bud Grant for just one season as a transition to their inside guy, Jerry Burns, to become head coach the following season. Actually, there are several parallels with that situation and the Hurricanes now.

Who's going to support the team and new coach?

Im in! Sec 324

I will be there cheering the team and booing Mo (chanting "Mo must go" - want to be the first of many).

Although I am still surprised with the choice of MO as the new coach, I still plan on being there tonight and this weekend to support the team. I may not be happy, but I will give him a chance.

Section 102 - F here

My wife and I are bummed that Lavi is gone. I think he would have somehow got the team to the playoffs. If he missed again, I don't think anyone could have argued against firing him.

I'm not thrilled about bringing back Mo, but I still welcome him back and wish him the best. I certainly wouldn't boo him or bring any "mo must go" signs to the games. Its done, and protesting it won't help and won't change a thing.

I'll be there Saturday with my wife and Sunday with the whole family.

Go Canes!!!!

As a Pens/Canes fan, I would love to be there tonight but will be watching on tv (I plan to be in Raleigh for the April 4th Pens-Canes game, though). I always liked Paul Maurice, but I'm not sure if he's the right man for the job this time. I wish him luck - the game should be an interesting one no matter what happens...

Oh, and for the record, I don't like what Orpik did to Cole any more than all of you...boo him long and loud for me, will ya? :lol:

can't be at the game (still at school in sc) but will be watching online and cheering (to the dismay of my roommate but oh well). 3 games in four days against major teams-this should be great. :)

I'll be going over to Lavi's house to help him pack and reminisce. Then I'll move to whatever city he ends up in.

Come on, I am a irrationally passionate Cane's fan. I will be there to watch our boys get psyced up and beat up a Pens team that is back to back in an overtime loss. Yes, they are deadly talented on their top line, but they'll be tired and we'll be wired.

The next few games should be fun no matter what the future holds. I really want to see Staal and Brindy break out.

I will be there cheering the team and booing Mo (chanting "Mo must go" - want to be the first of many).

Really?? So you want to polute this thread too? Section 303 - hmmmm...... see you at the game buddy <_<

I'll be in 123 Saturday and Sunday, supporting my team.

The team will always remain more important than any one of its members. Players or coaches.

We will be in our regular seats in the 304 section on Sat and Sunday to cheer Mo and the team on. JR made the decision to hire him back. After the initial shock has worn off I am going into this with a postitive attitude and hoping for the best. All we can do is see how it goes. I don't just support my team in the good times. Go Canes! Leave it all on the ice!

338 as well. Row J, Seats 7 & 8

There's sports suffering a lot closer than Cleveland... In the RBC and across the parking lot in CF. :rolleyes:

I'm in my second marriage to the same woman and it's working great! Good Luck, Paul. Go Canes!!

Forgot about State football....that's a painful one to watch, even as a non-fan.

Maybe Mo knows what it will take to turn this around. I'll be in section 110 cheering for the Canes all week - my parents are joining us for their first Cane's game on Sunday (I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a good game).

My husband threatened to wear his Penguins jersey to the game tonight. He won't though...he doesn't like the couch well enough. :)

Go Canes!