The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Orion14

Get rid of Jim Rutherford

Theres alot of people responsible for our poor drafting though. Its not like JR gets to go and scout these guys he just goes with what our horrible scouts tell him.

it's more his fault for not dropping those scouts after a bum like Knayzev was drafted.

Yes, the scouts are partly to blame but he did hire those scouts and ultimately drafting decisions lay on the GM since he can choose to ignore his scouts. Can't say I'm thrilled with his draft record because there are some stinkers, but it is better than some other GMs and everyone can't have Ken Holland's staff.

Yes, the scouts are partly to blame but he did hire those scouts and ultimately drafting decisions lay on the GM since he can choose to ignore his scouts. Can't say I'm thrilled with his draft record because there are some stinkers, but it is better than some other GMs and everyone can't have Ken Holland's staff.

Scouts? What scouts? Canes have the smallest scouting staff in NHL. Our only european scout Kron permanently lives in Raleigh.

If anyone to blame it should be an owner of this team who is wealthy but not wealthy enough for being in the hobby of owning an NHL franchise in non-traditional hockey market.

Scouts? What scouts? Canes have the smallest scouting staff in NHL. Our only european scout Kron permanently lives in Raleigh.

If anyone to blame it should be an owner of this team who is wealthy but not wealthy enough for being in the hobby of owning an NHL franchise in non-traditional hockey market.

Yeah, blame the guy that gave us hockey for not doing a good enough job of it.... :/

wow what a bunch of cry babies. this is pro sports. some teams have stellar years and everyone loves them, then they fall flat on their faces and everyone calls for trades and firings. its just the way things are. were not the cup team this year. sure we had a great team the last two years, and we flopped, but that doesnt mean we just go and fire lavs or JR. These guys have 1 thing on their minds. WIN GAMES. they all want to win, get another cup and show the rest of the NHL that they are a team to respect and fear. theres alot of talk about the cup win as a fluke. and right now thats being proven. but we have a fairly new and young team. we maked great trades for ruutu and corvo, and sampsonov...( i hate the way chuck k says his name.) these guys produce and play hard. sutter and leighton are young and fresh. these guys all need time to learn and work together to make this run happen. alot of teams like wash and detroit are still with their cores for the last season. were trying to get a great team together and make a stand for the cup again. its too early to be talking about firings. if we lost 10 games in a row maybe, but 3 its just a streak. we can come up and take a hold of the division and kick *edit* if we want, the team has to want it. give it time. if things dont change after the all star break then we can revist leadership changes. but give these guys some time to click cause once they do its alll over from there.

wow what a bunch of cry babies. this is pro sports. some teams have stellar years and everyone loves them, then they fall flat on their faces and everyone calls for trades and firings. its just the way things are. were not the cup team this year. sure we had a great team the last two years, and we flopped, but that doesnt mean we just go and fire lavs or JR. These guys have 1 thing on their minds. WIN GAMES. they all want to win, get another cup and show the rest of the NHL that they are a team to respect and fear. theres alot of talk about the cup win as a fluke. and right now thats being proven. but we have a fairly new and young team. we maked great trades for ruutu and corvo, and sampsonov...( i hate the way chuck k says his name.) these guys produce and play hard. sutter and leighton are young and fresh. these guys all need time to learn and work together to make this run happen. alot of teams like wash and detroit are still with their cores for the last season. were trying to get a great team together and make a stand for the cup again. its too early to be talking about firings. if we lost 10 games in a row maybe, but 3 its just a streak. we can come up and take a hold of the division and kick *edit* if we want, the team has to want it. give it time. if things dont change after the all star break then we can revist leadership changes. but give these guys some time to click cause once they do its alll over from there.

You obviously have not read this thread as most people are not saying fire JR.

I hate when people can't spell Samsonov's name right! (and when people do not attempt to use correct grammar and CAPITALIZE names) Also you may want to be careful dissing on Chuck K while on this board.

Great team last two years?

We didn't trade for Samsonov.

Leighton is 27, Ward is 24

Core (some cup players): Staal, Brindamour, Williams, Whitney, Larose, Wallin, Kaberle, Ward

1) Get your fact straight, this post is so full of holes.

2) Two words "Spell Check".

3) Grammar goes a long way.

4) If you can't handle 1-3 then your post will never be taken serious.

Once again, we don't grade spelling and grammar here so there's no need to be calling out others for it. This is now the third time we've posted about this and it would be a ridiculous thing to have to give out warnings for. I'd hate to think someone would be reluctant to post here because they were afraid of spelling something wrong :rolleyes:

Yeah, blame the guy that gave us hockey for not doing a good enough job of it.... :/

Why not? I don't see your point. If you are in business be good at it.

The team is 9-7-2, despite an obscene number of key injuries and a brutal opening schedule mostly on the road. We are one of only THREE teams in the entire NHL to go to the Stanley Cup Finals twice in the past 6 years, and we did it with 2 largely different teams. But some people want to spin the wheel on another GM? Can you possibly be serious? Just too much time on our hands?

We have been utterly spoiled is the problem. We won the Stanely Cup and now we're supposed to be Detroit. What about NJ, Calgary, Tampa Bay, Edmonton, Ottawa? Those are the finalists in the past 6 years that only went ONCE to the finals and never went back (not even close really). How about all of the other teams that never made it anywhere near the finals over the past 6 years?

And even if someone was crazy enough to fire one of the best GM's in the game, who would you hire? Don't think that all of the best candidates would be clammering to come to tiny market Raleigh. Francis? One of the greatest players of all time, but no where near proven as a GM. Who else?

We also have one of the best coaches in the NHL, but there are times where the players just stop responding to the coach (that has not happened here), but that rarely happens with the GM. Calling for the coach is premature in our case, this team has not been together as a healthy unit long enough to see how good it can be. Calling for the GM is just nuts.

The team is 9-7-2, despite an obscene number of key injuries and a brutal opening schedule mostly on the road. We are one of only THREE teams in the entire NHL to go to the Stanley Cup Finals twice in the past 6 years, and we did it with 2 largely different teams. But some people want to spin the wheel on another GM? Can you possibly be serious? Just too much time on our hands?

We have been utterly spoiled is the problem. We won the Stanley Cup and now we're supposed to be Detroit. What about NJ, Calgary, Tampa Bay, Edmonton, Ottawa? Those are the finalists in the past 6 years that only went ONCE to the finals and never went back (not even close really). How about all of the other teams that never made it anywhere near the finals over the past 6 years?

And even if someone was crazy enough to fire one of the best GM's in the game, who would you hire? Don't think that all of the best candidates would be clammering to come to tiny market Raleigh. Francis? One of the greatest players of all time, but no where near proven as a GM. Who else?

We also have one of the best coaches in the NHL, but there are times where the players just stop responding to the coach (that has not happened here), but that rarely happens with the GM. Calling for the coach is premature in our case, this team has not been together as a healthy unit long enough to see how good it can be. Calling for the GM is just nuts.

Great post!!

I speel guud and my grammer be guud to... Back to our regular programming...

You have to ask yourself as in the case of Lavi, if not JR then who? This franchise can not afford the luxury of weeding through a potential unproven GM like the John Ferguson experiment. Brian Burke is not an option as he has other thoughts... OUR GM is also a minority owner of this team, a small fact that people overlook when talking about getting rid of JR.

Grandma used to say "The devil you know is most times better than the devil you don't know." At least you know what you are dealing with in a GM that generally makes good deals for our team, has managed to keep this team in Raleigh for 10+ years despite the naysayers who stated we would be moved in three years after Hartford, and has managed to get a SC Championship a several SE division titles and two Prince of Wales Trophys all in 10 years.

Check out history on Ottawa and see how our frachise and our GM stacks up :)

Edit to point to above Post TWO Thumbs up I just type too slow!!!

JR has done a good job of retooling this team for Lavi's style of play. He has no need to sign tougher players if Lavi doesn't want to play that kind of hockey. I think Lavi's idea of three scoring lines is misguided and has rarely worked. The more traditioonal two scoring lines with a checking line and an energy line has proven to be more successful. You can't just put out a checking line. You have to sign players for that roll and then play them against the other teams top line. If Lavi is our coach, then JR should sign Lavi type players. The other advantage of using a checking line is that those type of player rarely demand a very high salery. That would free up more money to get a dominate play making wing to play with Staal. Much has been said about Staal scoring better with Cole. I would argue that a younger Stillman is what Staal is missing.

I speel guud and my grammer be guud to... Back to our regular programming...

You have to ask yourself as in the case of Lavi, if not JR then who? This franchise can not afford the luxury of weeding through a potential unproven GM like the John Ferguson experiment. Brian Burke is not an option as he has other thoughts... OUR GM is also a minority owner of this team, a small fact that people overlook when talking about getting rid of JR.

Grandma used to say "The devil you know is most times better than the devil you don't know." At least you know what you are dealing with in a GM that generally makes good deals for our team, has managed to keep this team in Raleigh for 10+ years despite the naysayers who stated we would be moved in three years after Hartford, and has managed to get a SC Championship a several SE division titles and two Prince of Wales Trophys all in 10 years.

Check out history on Ottawa and see how our frachise and our GM stacks up :)

Edit to point to above Post TWO Thumbs up I just type too slow!!!

I didn't know you spoke fluent Bubba!!

Hmmm.... get rid of JR? yeah, and while we're at it fire Francis (after all, the one year that he was not somehow associated with the team we won the cup) OH! and lets trade Scott Walker too - we haven't made it to the playoffs ever since he joined the team!!!

please note the sarcasm oozing out of the pores like sweaty booze smell out of a drunk !!

PS. I hain't never made no grammeren error in my lif. 'ceptin' once, and when I seen I dun it I dun fixded it. :blink:

One playoff appearance in five seasons is evidence enough that it is atleast a relevant topic of discussion, not to mention the fact that he failed miserably to find a decent veteran goaltender to play once Gerber left. Not saying it should or shouldn't happen.

Now Burke is a blowhard who, I can't beleive I am saying this, is not even good enough for the Leafs in my opinion.

You obviously have not read this thread as most people are not saying fire JR.

I hate when people can't spell Samsonov's name right! (and when people do not attempt to use correct grammar and CAPITALIZE names) Also you may want to be careful dissing on Chuck K while on this board.

well i have read this thread. ITS CALLED GET RID OF JR. there are a lot of people who do not say to fire him, but a good enough of ppl who do. these are the people im talking to. these are the people who are constantly whining about how were playing. these are the fairweather fans, who dont know how to stick by their team no matter what. 2ndly, this isnt school so my speeling and grammer arent the issue, i use lower case cause it doensnt make any difference, its still there name. 3rd chuck k is the man. i love listening to him call games, however im not a huge fan of how hes says sampsonov's name. i just learned today that he actually is pronouncing it right. as every person knows im allowed to have my own oppinion, and your allowed yours. im gonna stop here before i go off on a tangent in the wrong direction.

GO CANES!!!!

Someone hand me the reins. I'm ready for the GM position. I might remind all of you that I've guided the Canes to the Stanley Cup championship for 4 or 5 seasons straight since bringing home EA Sports NHL '07. I'm ready to make the tough decisions and bring this team back to glory. B)

Someone hand me the reins. I'm ready for the GM position. I might remind all of you that I've guided the Canes to the Stanley Cup championship for 4 or 5 seasons straight since bringing home EA Sports NHL '07. I'm ready to make the tough decisions and bring this team back to glory. B)

I can talk you down to a can of spam for Kovalchuk and make you think your winning the deal :)

I can talk you down to a can of spam for Kovalchuk and make you think your winning the deal :)

I can do that plus have him thank me for the opportunity and send me a Christmas gift also!! LOL

We set a record for the first team to EVER miss the playoffs two years in a row after taking the CUP...... SO no lets not do a thing and make it a threepeat and lets see what JR does next year. GET REAL.....

You know what?

LETS FIRE THE WHOLE TEAM! We sell ourselves and move our franchise to Canada..

I'm so sick and tired of threads like these because we hit a little loosing streak!

Grow up and Realize thats Hockey! Your not going to win every game!

We set a record for the first team to EVER miss the playoffs two years in a row after taking the CUP...... SO no lets not do a thing and make it a threepeat and lets see what JR does next year. GET REAL.....

you still forget that JR is a minority owner, not your usual employee!!!