The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Orion14

Get rid of Jim Rutherford

Well, Hurricanes fans...what the hell? You fire Paul Maurice because he's not producing, hire Pete Laviollette, win a Stanley Cup, now hes trying to get re-staffed with players because Jim Rutheford traded all the good ones away...Craig Adams, Kevin Adams, Eric Cole, Mike Commodore, Radim Vrbata, Andrew Ladd and so on. Then you fire Pete and re-hire Paul? WHAT? Hurricanes staff have no loyalty to coaching!!! Check out Tampa Bay. They fired Barry Melrose...and they're still crappy. Just because you have a year or two of re grouping, doesn't mean he's a bad coach. Like I told a friend last month, if you're Pat Riley or Phil Jackson...you can make a change within a year but when you keep trading players its hard to settle in on a good team. Jim Rutheford. You blame your trading screw ups on coaching.

Thats just piss poor managment!!!

Mr. Rutheford, you need to take a page out of my Detroit Red Wings Owner Mike Ilitches book. Loyalty gets you a long way. Hey, 4 Stanley Cups in the last 12 years with just 2 coaches and thats only because Scotty retired! Now look...Todd McClellan Assistant Coach of the Red Wings last year...now the Head Coach of the San Jose Sharks...his loyalty with the Red Wings has put him in a position where the Sharks are playing Red Wing hockey now they have the best record since 1944 in 25 games with 43 points!!! Wow. Jim, if you just give the coach a damn chance and stop trading every damn body... you'll see results..until then...you'll be playing crappy hockey and watching us and San Jose in the playoffs from your living room and not from your suite at the RBC center! Good Luck 'Canes fans.

you're gonna need it as long as Rutheford is GM!!!!

Most of the players mentioned that were traded away aren't missed. The ones that are missed we got good returns on like Ruutu and Pitkanen. We are a small market team and don't have the luxery of going out and signing a big fish like a Dan Boyle. Of course all trades don't work out but thats hockey. I seem to remember JR trading for two important pieces of our STANLEY CUP winning team in '06. (Weight and Recci) We are 1-1 when reaching the finals-not bad for this small market team that can't afford to max out the payroll. We have never been predicted to win the cup and folded like a tent either.

With all the talk about firing Lavi, everyone seems to ignore the fact that Laviolette has to work with the talent hired by JR. In my opinion his trades have been less than stellar. Brian Burke is available. Karmanos should make the right decision and buy JR out. Burke knows how to make the big trades and his teams are physical. If we ever want to have a shot at the Cup again, that is the kind of thing that has to happen. Otherwise, we'll always be in the mode of just praying we make the Playoffs.Fire JR[/post]

LOL

It's funny how the Thread starter hasn't come back in 2 days since he started this thread..
Thats most likely because he/she just made the topic to laugh at the people who gave the topic attention. I suspect as much because that person only has 1 post. I'm sure the topic creator isn't even the least bit interested about the Carolina Hurricanes organization. Its a pity people have nothing better to do these days.

The best thing we can do is let this pathetic topic die by not replying to it anymore.