The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
panama7996

Canes fire Laviolette -replace with Paul Maurice

Maurice? Seriously? Uhg....Certainly seems like a square peg in a round hole. Good grief I hope we're not going to try and turn this team into a defensive stalwart looking to win games 1-0 or 2-1.

Lavi being fired, I can deal with.

But Maurice? What the hell, JR?

This stinks on so many levels!!! Why not promote Rowe???

The Paul Maurice part throws me for a loop. I'll be finding a new team to pull for is this is true! That's absurd!

Ha,, i see you posted the same threat on the wral.com website. What a winning comment to make!

Firing Lavi, understandable

Bringing back Mo, what is JR smoking. Has he lost his mind.

I want a refund on my tickets. Mo hockey is boring and not fun to watch. I'd rather have Torts as coach than Mo.

Too bad JR turned down the Laffs job last summer. Way to make this org a laughing stock JR. He belongs with the circus in Toronto.

does any one see the door opening for Francis next year! I'm calling it!

I concur this.

The whole roster looks up to Francis!

You know they would play with some tenacity.

I wouldn't want to let Ronnie down.

Why bring back Mo?

He's proven he can't do anything on the NHL level since 2001-2002.

I thought the whole reason of promoting Rowe from Albany was to line him up for taking Lavi's place if the team should falter.

I won't be surprised that we see Lavi behind the bench in Tampa real soon.

I really thought when this broke they would say the new head coach was Francis

i don't know for sure but i'm guessing hes not ready and that he would want a full training camp of his style instead of jumping in now. i'm thinking maurice is doing the canes a favor to finish out the season for them. also wonder what the salary hit is on lavi......

i don't know for sure but i'm guessing hes not ready and that he would want a full training camp of his style instead of jumping in now. i'm thinking maurice is doing the canes a favor to finish out the season for them. also wonder what the salary hit is on lavi......

WRAL is reporting Francis will be an assistant coach!

Ha,, i see you posted the same threat on the wral.com website. What a winning comment to make!

I'm dead serious. If they've actually re-hired Paul Maurice, I am done with this team. And I won't be shy about telling Rutherford and the organization as much. I'm not the only person who feels this way. They'll lose fans with this boneheaded maneuver. IF, it turns out to be true.

I think the obvious choice was Rowe. A lot of people felt like that's why he was brought up from Albany anyhow.