The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
panama7996

Canes fire Laviolette -replace with Paul Maurice

Well, I'm a firm believer in BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR. So farewell Lavi and hello again, Paul. Who knows, maybe since we've been playing a slower game his style might help out. Francis as head coach next year? Ask the Great One, it ain't that easy. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

And one comment to those who are going to stop using their tickets because of this, nice team support. And to those how will start with the Mo MUST GO chants, same to you. It is what it is. You asked for change and now you have to live with it, or perhaps you want to cheer for the SLUGS!

GO 'CANES!!!

May be this is a ploy to get more corporate support from Moe's?

Post of the week!

There are coaches available, some with Stanley Cup victories, why Maurice? Why now?

Maurice b/c he was the cheapest alternative. Now because Lavi's sh*t meter was full.

I think Lavi finally had his fill of JR's coaching from the GM's box and told him so. Mo is a stop-gap measure, and as you mention, the perfect way to get Ronnie's feet wet until he's given the top job next year -- or, to buy JR time to find a permanent replacement.

Either way, JR just wrote off the rest of the season. He's pretty loose with our money, no?

Do us all a favor and stay away anyone that would be such an idiot as to boo MO in his first game back. :rolleyes:

then i guess you will be staying away from me, i will be booing loudly from my perch the minute his name is mentioned!! Will dust off my "Mo Must Go" sign (thought i would be able to permanently retire that but i guess not).

At least Palin would give us something to look at while our team doesn't score goals B)

QFT!! She was actually called but turned it down due to our lame tv contract.

I am so disappointed in Rutherford. It's a very embarrassing day for the canes and probably the second worst choice they could have had (first being Melrose). Rutherford just wanted his buddy back. Maybe they should have looked at getting a new goalie instead of firing the coach. So much for the rest of the season... Lavi will be missed. I for one will be booing Thursday night, or crying. One or the other.

QFT!! She was actually called but turned it down due to our lame tv contract.

Is this the first time you and I have seen eye to eye on every topic of discussion in this topic? :lol:

I am a fan and a supporter of the Carolina Hurricanes, no matter what decisions are made. For all of you that are saying you are giving up your season tickets, please do so. That way when it comes to the select-a-seat next year, my hubby and I will be able to select better seats, preferably center ice mezz. Thank you in advance. Go Canes!!!! We will be there tomorrow night proudly cheering on our team!

Is this the first time you and I have seen eye to eye on every topic of discussion in this topic? :lol:

yep, pretty much. we both recognize the turd won't float!!

You asked for change and now you have to live with it, or perhaps you want to cheer for the SLUGS!

What we were asking for is not change for the sake of change, but positive change - MOVING FORWARD change.

No way JR or anyone else can tell me that MO was the only or the best man available.

Just move forward and forget the friggin past.

I am a fan and a supporter of the Carolina Hurricanes, no matter what decisions are made. For all of you that are saying you are giving up your season tickets, please do so. That way when it comes to the select-a-seat next year, my hubby and I will be able to select better seats, preferably center ice mezz. Thank you in advance. Go Canes!!!! We will be there tomorrow night proudly cheering on our team!

as will I, but i will be booing Mo.

Just how MANY are you talking about huh? Name the players on this team that played for Mo if you want to back up this statement. I think this list will be less than 4. Off the top of my head I can think of 2, Brind-Amour and Staal. Based on their play of late a coaching change cannot hurt much.

OK upon further review besides Staal and Brindy it was only Wallin (Was thinking Williams and LaRose were here already)

I really hope Maurice is what this team needs to fire them up but if past history shows us anything its that bringing back a fired coach is not the answer (unless your the Yankees and its Billy martin)

We will get a short burst while the guys try to make up for getting Lavi fired but then it will be back to the old lame days of Mo.

Okay...I've taken my time to reflect on this. First, I will be at the game tomorrow cheering on and supporting MY TEAM and MY COACH. I would hope everyone on this board does the same.

Although not totally thrilled with the move, I think a change was in order, Mo is a player's coach and he may be able to boost the chemistry a bit. I hope that Ronnie is responsible for special teams play and that Mo just stays away from that part of the team. Remember that Ronnie had a lot to do with the PP success when we won the Cup.

I also thought that Mo had an interesting stat that only 3 teams (us, Buffalo and Toronto) implemented the same offensive system in the Eastern Conference and none made the playoffs. Maybe a little bit more defensive responsibilty will help this team. I think we can be a lot like Minnesota but with a bit more aggression on the offensive front as we have the players to do it.

Tough 3 games coming up, let's do our part and support the team.

as will I, but i will be booing Mo.

Classy :rolleyes:

How many tickets do you have, I could use a few. And MY TEAM AND NEW COACH could use a little support too. You know, the team you posted pictures about skating with and getting autographs from last night? Same team that will be there tomorrow night looking for a little faith.

Do the team a favor and stay home. :angry:

You didn't suffer thru '03 or '04 did you?? '04 was the worst!! at least '03 got us a decent draft pick (Staal).

Dude, you act like your the only one thats followed this team since its inception. We all survived 03 and 04 and we'll survive 08-09. Nobody has a gun to your head making you buy tickets.

I have never boo'ed the team/players/coaches and do not plan on starting now.

You didn't suffer thru '03 or '04 did you?? '04 was the worst!! at least '03 got us a decent draft pick (Staal).

First of all, I am a Canes fan regardless of who is behind the bench or on the ice. I hate to see Lavi go, but this team was not playing for him so something had to be done. I thought Lavi replaced a classy individual when he replaced Mo. Mo had a tough time towards the end, but his teams usually worked hard. There has been a lot said about his boring style, but if he can get these guys workink and produce some wins, I'll bet there will be few comments about boring play. Winning cures everything! Thanks Lavi! Good luck Mo!

What is so hard to understand? It's possible to support the team, support the players, etc and not support the coach.

Hell, the past few weeks have been exactly that. We'd always hope the team did well, but it was obvious the coach had lost them.

Oh God yes I was there too and you're 100% correct, that was a pretty painful season.

Can someone please explain how Williams played for Maurice previously?

He didn't. He missed playing for Maurice by a month. The only ones from the Mo era are Brind'Amour, Wallin and Staal. Although, Staal only played half a season under him.

When Mo was fired from the Leafs, Brind'Amour was quoted as saying that Mo is one of the best coaches he had. So I'm sure Brind'Amour is fine with this.

Hey people look on the bright side, atleast the press conferences will be a hoot. Gotta admit, Mo does know how to play media. Weren't some of you complaining that Lavi showed no emotion in his press conferences? Well you'll get emotion from Mo. :P

Anyway, maybe the other available coaches didn't want a temp gig? Ever think of that.