The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
panama7996

Canes fire Laviolette -replace with Paul Maurice

I actually find myself very curious about tonights game. Change (almost change in this case) can be so exciting.

to a degree but the bigger question is will it be a lasting change, if Brindy doesn't man up for the game then it will be nothing more than another failed effort!!

Legend - I am glad someone else can see exactly why Lavi was fired. JR does like to be talked back to even when his plans are not working (see last years debacle and this years line mixes - so transparent - definitely not Lavi). Trying to hold a lead was never Lavi's thing, and the Canes aren't made to that anyway. If they keep pushing then they can play with anyone, but JR is so control oriented he wanted it his way or he was going to hold his breath until he turned blue. Thats why he needed MO back, no back talk, no new ideas, same old dump and cover and hope we can hold the third. I am going to start watching basketball again!

We gotta give Mo a chance. Toronto Is filth under my shoe, there players have a horrible work ethic and fall apart more than we do. I loved Lavi, But he Just aint working right now, and I'm tired of loosing the games we should be winning, and so is JR. We just need little changes to are system, and with the way he has been talking, Mo see's that .

Mo has a fresh start now, so dont *edit* this one up. We should not hate on him until we see what he does with his first month. Ill make my decsion then.

But damnit lets pull it together caniacs, No matter who is coaching, who is on the ice, WE pull for this team, good decsion or bad descion, i dont care

LETS GO CANES

to a degree but the bigger question is will it be a lasting change, if Brindy doesn't man up for the game then it will be nothing more than another failed effort!!

Wow, so it'll be Maurices failure if Brindy "man up" as you say? Seems to me that Brindy doesnt "man up", the failure will be Brindy's.

I bet you couldn't wait to disagree with everything said.

and then he'd run to cry to his STH rep who he claims has him at gunpoint buying tickets.

Did you ask Brindy to "grow a set?" :lol:

I don't think anyone in thier right mind can question Brindy on his desire and work ethic. I question his age and his declining ablity, but seriously, Brindy has been known as one of the hardest workers in the history of the NHL. As far as Brindy needing to "man up", I am four years younger than Brindy and I would give anything if I could "man up" to his level.

We gotta give Mo a chance. Toronto Is filth under my shoe, there players have a horrible work ethic and fall apart more than we do. I loved Lavi, But he Just aint working right now, and I'm tired of loosing the games we should be winning, and so is JR. We just need little changes to are system, and with the way he has been talking, Mo see's that .

Mo has a fresh start now, so dont *edit* this one up. We should not hate on him until we see what he does with his first month. Ill make my decsion then.

But damnit lets pull it together caniacs, No matter who is coaching, who is on the ice, WE pull for this team, good decsion or bad descion, i dont care

LETS GO CANES

We did and we fired him!! As far as Toronto goes, whose fault is that?? Lavi's a class act that will have a job within a month, JR needed a scapegoat and someone he could kick around until Francis is ready to coach. End of story!

I was at SkateWithTheCanes and sat next to Brindy, what makes you think we didn't have a conversation?

You had a conversation in the 5.9 seconds it took to snap a photo in the photo session? Impressive and deep I'm sure.

We have incredibly stringent rules about how we talk about other posters on this board, yet none of those rules, seemingly, apply to persons in the Hurricanes organization.

Edited comment because it included a personal attack on the poster.

I am considering looking for another seat to get away from one obnoxious "fan" who, by actual count, yelled in a very disparaging tone "come on, guys!" 57 times last game I attended. (My wife did the counting, trying to make it humorous so I wouldn't bust a blood vessel or something.)

With the plethora of STHs supposedly tossing away their tickets in disgust you may have your pick of some really prime seats to get away from that "fan". ;)

(You know, just using the word "plethora" in a post makes me feel rather Kaiton-esque :) )

With the plethora of STHs supposedly tossing away their tickets in disgust you may have your pick of some really prime seats to get away from that "fan". ;)

(You know, just using the word "plethora" in a post makes me feel rather Kaiton-esque :) )

Yes, but the correct Kaiton pronunciation would be "Pleth-O-ra"

and then he'd run to cry to his STH rep who he claims has him at gunpoint buying tickets.

Did you ask Brindy to "grow a set?" :lol:

1) I don't cry nevertheless to my ticket rep.

2) When have I ever claimed that my ticket rep had me at gunpoint?

I've heard alot of talk about how the team is not built to play this way, or the team is not built to play that way. Ok, what way is this team built to play then? Look at the current roster. This team has to will its way to victories now. Play hard, forcheck and win ugly if need be. The days of scoring 4-5 goals every night are over.

I've heard alot of talk about how the team is not built to play this way, or the team is not built to play that way. Ok, what way is this team built to play then? Look at the current roster. This team has to will its way to victories now. Play hard, forcheck and win ugly if need be. The days of scoring 4-5 goals every night are over.

according to JR this team was/is built to play an uptempo, puck control, offensive minded game with the offensive minded D-men to supplement. If that has changed, instead of informing Lavi of such, he just fired him.

Lord knows I am easy enough to find!!

Yes...we know the vertically challenged guy in section 303.

according to JR this team was/is built to play an uptempo, puck control, offensive minded game with the offensive minded D-men to supplement. If that has changed, instead of informing Lavi of such, he just fired him.

I think part of this teams problem, not sure if it was Lavi's problem, is they do not shift the style of play in game. You should see a distinct difference in how a team that is up by two goals plays vs being tied vs being down by two goals. Though there should not be much difference between being tied and down two goals.

At this point I am hoping it is Lavi's problem at this point.

Before I am called many unkind names, the link to another video I made about this situation is a JOKE...I am just a man right now with too much time on my hands because of our wonderful economy! I want the Canes to Win! I want Maurice to be coach of the year! I am just bored right now and make these to keep from going insane. I will be driving up ( and probably for the last time for awhile due to money) for the weekend games to pull for my Canes... Lets Go Canes!

Before I am called many unkind names, the link to another video I made about this situation is a JOKE...I am just a man right now with too much time on my hands because of our wonderful economy! I want the Canes to Win! I want Maurice to be coach of the year! I am just bored right now and make these to keep from going insane. I will be driving up ( and probably for the last time for awhile due to money) for the weekend games to pull for my Canes... Lets Go Canes!

''>
' target="_blank">
[/post]

that was great!!!!

''>
' target="_blank">
[/post]

Here's hoping the video will become the joke instead of the situation.

You guys must be new to nhl , Mo has had his hay day in toronto, He is a great coach.

You should stop bad mouthing mo, at lease give him a chance.

What has lavi done for us in the past three years?

Yes, everyone on this board is brand new to hockey. Ignore all join dates because we all just realized we had a team yesterday when the coach got fired. I wish we knew as much as some you that have been following the NHL since...what.....2002? or 2006?