The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
panama7996

Canes fire Laviolette -replace with Paul Maurice

Anybody remember this?

''>
' target="_blank">
[/post]

Ooh, speaking of the Secret Weapon, just throwing in my plug here for voteforwallin.com

OK.....I got back to my desk around 9-10ish yesterday and saw that Lavi was gone. The only thing I can say was my heart sank to the floor because I was more concerned over who was next. Then I turned on XM NHL Home Ice and heard the Paul Maurice "rumor". Needless to say my heart sank again!!!! We did this already and got rid of him for the exact same reason! I didn't post yesterday because I needed to "sleep on it". I wanted a change for the team, someway to get the confidence back. I hope that I see a new and revived team tonight. I don't really expect (but always hope for) a win over the Crosby/Malkin/Staal powerhouse but I do want a hard fought game. I think having Justin back will help too (hopefully!).

For Rutherford's sake, THIS BETTER WORK!!

GO CANES!!! :blink:

How about this....before anyone makes up their mind on whether Mo will work or not give him a 10 game trial. at the end of that, take aim and fire.

Before I am called many unkind names, the link to another video I made about this situation is a JOKE...I am just a man right now with too much time on my hands because of our wonderful economy! I want the Canes to Win! I want Maurice to be coach of the year! I am just bored right now and make these to keep from going insane. I will be driving up ( and probably for the last time for awhile due to money) for the weekend games to pull for my Canes... Lets Go Canes!

''>
' target="_blank">
[/post]

I Like!

How about this....before anyone makes up their mind on whether Mo will work or not give him a 10 game trial. at the end of that, take aim and fire.

I'll give him time to tweak the system as he said he would over the next few weeks. He doesn't want to change the pace immediatly, so we will see where that goes.

THEN I will have an opinion whether I wanna get on the MO must go bandwagon.

I'll give him time to tweak the system as he said he would over the next few weeks. He doesn't want to change the pace immediatly, so we will see where that goes.

THEN I will have an opinion whether I wanna get on the MO must go bandwagon.

Which should be about 10 games.....glad to see you are not on the Mo must go kiddie wagon with a certain Caniac who started liking the team in 97.

Which should be about 10 games.....glad to see you are not on the Mo must go kiddie wagon with a certain Caniac who started liking the team in 97.

I became a Canes fan after the coaching change so I have nothing to say about the kind of coach he is. I'll give him a chance to prove himself despite what others are saying.

But yes, 10 games.....the record should be something like 7-2-1 for me to be satisfied that he was the change needed. Anything below 500 will be unacceptable and proof that Lavi wasn't the main problem.

Is everbody from north carolina on crack?????? my take on this is one of a team that OVERACHIVED one season when the moons and stars all alligned and the canes snatched a cup. since then its been inconsistancy, injurys, excuses, everyone is to blame, fire the coach, fire the players, fire the peanut vendor!!! this team just simply is not that good. the rant about this season being lost is from what i can tell directed AT THE PLAYERS!!!. they wernt responding to lavi, something had to change. obviously the team is now in budget mode, the cheapest way out is to hire our good buddy paul to finish the year at a bargin basement price, instead of paying millions to get someone else in here. the players are either gonna get it together or not, i dont think the coach is gonna make that much differance. THE BALL IS IN THE PLAYERS COURT!!!! as far as ronnie going behind the bench, my take is he is there for one reason, to evaluate the players, team chemistry, and decide who needs to stay and who needs to go. hell jimmy may have wanted ronnie to go on the bench with lavi and lavi said no way. this team was supposed to be a winner, several vets at big bucks who are not preforming. they will either win with what they have or total rebuilding is ahead. that is why ronnie is on the bench!! there is no way he will coach this team this year, next year, or any other year.

Just thought I'd chime in with my two cent's worth, which is probably only worth 1 1/2 cents due to the Canadian Dollar :) , so here goes:

In my past experience the best manager's in any business are the one that are able to see the "Big Picture" as opposed to making reaction desicions. Although I was a little confused at first, I think this is at worst, the right move for the Hurricanes in the future and at best, for both now and later. Very few people (from what I have read) disagree with the fact that Lavi should have been fired. It is not that he isn't a good or a bad coach or that the players liked or disliked him, it is that he did not change his system to get the required results; he needed to be replaced. I think Maurice is a good hockey coach and was available for next to nothing with a limited amount of the hassle for the player's and staff. If you are running a business you want the transition to run as smoothly as possible. It would not make any sense for J.R. to hire a coach who would likely want a long term contract (Nolan, Torts etc.) and may not be the right person next year. Luckily Paul Maurice has a lot more talent to work with this time around and I think he deserves a chance to make it work.

Just for fun here is the roster of players that played at least one game in Mo's last year :

63 Josef Vasicek

26 Erik Cole

22 Sean Hill

17 Rod Brind'Amour

92 Jeff O'Neill

12 Eric Staal Rookie Year

10 Ron Francis To Toronto

19 Radim Vrbata

6 Bret Hedican

14 Kevyn Adams

11 Justin Williams From Philadelphia

27 Craig Adams

55 Danil Markov To Philadelphia

15 Marty Murray

7 Niclas Wallin

23 Pavel Brendl

4 Aaron Ward

36 Jesse Boulerice

16 Ryan Bayda

2 Glen Wesley

8 Bob Boughner To Colorado

62 Jaroslav Svoboda

38 Allan Rourke

18 Mike Zigomanis

25 Bruno St. Jacques

47 Brad Fast

52 Damian Surma

71 Tomas Malec

56 Brett Lysak

33 Joey Tetarenko

37 Tomas Kurka

Goalies

Kevin Weekes

Arturs Irbe

Jamie Storr

Is everbody from north carolina on crack?????? my take on this is one of a team that OVERACHIVED one season when the moons and stars all alligned and the canes snatched a cup.

No team who has ever won the cup was "overacheived". It is the hardest trophy to win in all of professional team sports. But even if what you are saying is true...ill take the stars alligning one time than over nothing. Troll somewhere else. This thread has reached its max in my opinion.

People complaining about the dump and chase scare me. Have you guys been watching the game the past couple of seasons? We have been dumping and chasing most games.

Glad to see that a member of our armed services is will to accept poor performance and an unmotivation style. Maybe we should have MO lead our troops into battle.