The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
panama7996

Canes fire Laviolette -replace with Paul Maurice

Next big announcment: Lavi hired by Atlanta. That would be a nightmare.

That was the plan. I don't see DW shafting JA - but I wouldn't mind Lavi being brought in as a consultant to the team, a la Scotty Bowman.

Toronto is in a mess because of the moves of former GM John Ferguson Jr. and MLSE. Maurice was coaching Sundin and a team of American Hockey League players the past two seasons.

That being said I don't like the move. But Tavares may be in the cards eh?

Is that supposed to be encouraging? What about all our other superstar first round draft picks? Staal? Ward? Ladd? Ruutu(by trade)? Small flashes of brillance but overall what have they done in comparison to the Crosbys and the Ovechkins? What good does Tavares do with no coach?

Look at TB... the insane moves by managment and the coaching changes there and Stamkos is barely even playing.. who knows if he's even any good. A #1 draft pick doesnt gaurantee anything.

I'm not ditching on the team by any stretch.. I still love the Canes.. but this is mind boggling... I dont think Rowe would do any better, but he's already in the organization.. what about Daniels? McCarthy? Francis? Wesley? ANYBODY?!? LOL... wow.. i'm scratching my head over here :blink:

Is that supposed to be encouraging? What about all our other superstar first round draft picks? Staal? Ward? Ladd? Ruutu(by trade)? Small flashes of brillance but overall what have they done in comparison to the Crosbys and the Ovechkins? What good does Tavares do with no coach?

Look at TB... the insane moves by managment and the coaching changes there and Stamkos is barely even playing.. who knows if he's even any good. A #1 draft pick doesnt gaurantee anything.

I'm not ditching on the team by any stretch.. I still love the Canes.. but this is mind boggling... I dont think Rowe would do any better, but he's already in the organization.. what about Daniels? McCarthy? Francis? Wesley? ANYBODY?!? LOL... wow.. i'm scratching my head over here :blink:

Looks like you just made a case for the GM to be replaced, by the way, Maurice is just a temporary fix. He won't be on the bench October 2009.

Ok, so I'm going to at least give a huge WOO HOO to Ron Francis! Hopefully he can balance out Mo some for the rest of the season and take over the coaching next season.

Let's at least be happy for Ronnie! I can't be upset about him getting the associate coach position!

I just emailed my ticket rep and asked for the company line whenever he gets a chance. I was polite and admitted that this obviously made sense to someone in the organization, but it certainly felt like an unmitigated PR disaster from my perspective.

What about our current two assistant coaches and Jeff Daniels? Are they all still on?

They're in charge of teaching clutching, grabbing, holding, and passing all day until the Red Sea parts and the perfect shot is available.

Just saw it on Sportscenter, looks like its true guys.

I just threw up. I did! I can't beleive this. Maurice? This organization is going the same direction as my vomit.....down the toilet.

oh wow...i kind of expected lavi to go before christmas but maurice? really? didn't that crash and burn the first time around?

don't get me wrong...i hope this works. i really hope this works. but do i think it will? ehhh not so much.

171 User(s) are reading this topic (122 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)

Wow.

Is this greater than or less than the projected attendance figures for the Canes in February under Coach Mo?

This teams a three ring circus and now I am starting to lose confidence in JR. We had a prime candidate to coach standing right next to Lavi. So we hire the bonehead who put the M in mediocrity in Carolina Hockey.