The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
panama7996

Canes fire Laviolette -replace with Paul Maurice

Well, just to play devil's advocate, this may work out. MAY. Make no mistake, I am still very upset over this decision, and it does make me have doubts in JR's decision making abilities, BUT. Maybe Mo's pre-lockout style may work slightly better than Lavi's, since the players in the league have caught up from the lockout, adapted to the rules, and almost forcefully returned it to pre-lockout style hockey within the constraints of today's rules.

Well, just to play devil's advocate, this may work out. MAY. Make no mistake, I am still very upset over this decision, and it does make me have doubts in JR's decision making abilities, BUT. Maybe Mo's pre-lockout style may work slightly better than Lavi's, since the players in the league have caught up from the lockout, adapted to the rules, and almost forcefully returned it to pre-lockout style hockey within the constraints of today's rules.

The problem is we have a team made up of soft offensive minded DMen along with small forwards who play on the perimeter. Not a good combination for a coach's pre-lockout style.

I thought a change was necessary, and this wasn't exactly what I had hoped for, but unlike most of you, i'll give it time before I completely shoot down the idea. It also was just confirmed by JR that this is temporary to the end of the year. So don't look at this as the permanent solution unless it works.

oh the love for the coach that took the canes to their first stanley cup finals.. At this point just about any coach is better than Lavi...

teams will be jumping at the chance to hire Lavi and the canes now have a coach that no team wanted....that makes sense doesnt it

Ok people. Paul was a decent coach here. He did need to go as he lost the team back then as did Lavi this year.

But I do remember a lot of you saying JR was crazy and stupid to have fired Mo the first time and look what happen. I for one trust JR. He has done nothing but attenpt to put the best talent on the ice and is committed to win.

Look at the mess some other teams are in. We are doing just fine even with all the loses we have.

I am surprised about Mo. But Let's get behind them and stop *edit*.

You talk about Nolan....what has he done. There is a reason he is unemployed. Torts...we used to kill him.

Maybe the players wanted him as they respected him and liked him. Let's just put the brakes on and wait. MO was good at one point and a fan favorite when he left. Give him a chance. Coaching in Toronto is a tough gig. Lavi never got that shot.

Don't be spoiled by our success. Be patient and ..........................LET"S GO CANES.

And I was having a really productive day at work until I came across the wire!!!! I am just stumped and really do not know what to say at this point. There goes the rest of my workday!

I love how everyone bashes Lavy for months and now they are talking about how great he is and how other teams will grab him, like ATL and how bad for us that would be.

If you think hes a bad coach, wouldn't that be a good thing for him to be hired in Atlanta? Man people just don't think!

JR has been GM since what 1994. Since that time this team has made the post season 4 times, made it past the first round twice, made it to the finals twice winning one. From the 2001-2002 runner up finnish, this team has made the playoffs once winning it all. Since them they have failed to make the post season. So in 14 years this franchise has missed post-season play in 10 of them. Maybe Rutherford should be the one who should be getting replaced.

But I do remember a lot of you saying JR was crazy and stupid to have fired Mo the first time and look what happen. I for one trust JR. He has done nothing but attenpt to put the best talent on the ice and is committed to win.

You cant possibly remember anyone on this forum saying losing MO was a bad idea...

People were being ejected from the building for refusing to put away Mo Must Go signs...

This is not the direction this team needs to go in. Yes the players were not playing for Laviolette but many of these guys also quit playing for Paul maurice previously. Laviolette is a much better coach and will end up somewhere. I'd have perfered Ted Nolan as our coach.

If the Canes thought the economy was hurting attendence wait until Maurices old style slows it down even more.