The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
panama7996

Canes fire Laviolette -replace with Paul Maurice

I know I'm about to jump on the bandwagon... but Maurice?? Really?? What has he accomplished since our Stanley Cup loss to Detroit?

I, too, would love to see Francis taking over the head coach position.

Why a joke. Explain why?

Becasue he was here before and he had a winning record.

Becasue he went to Toronto and coached one of the toughest teams/cities/markets in the NHL. (Funny Nolan never got a chance there)

Becasue we fired him?

Please. Maybe he is a good coach. Let's see how the team responds before all us desk jocky's but done a man (JR) who has committed his life to hockey and winning.

Yeah, he hired Mo because they are firends and he wanted a buddy to go to lunch. He would throw away his legacy and the organization to have a buddy back. Come on people. Think befoe you say something stupid./

Also, don't forget that JR fired his good buddy a few years ago. It's not a friendship thing.

This news floors me as much as it does others. However, we must give him a chance at least. Who knows...when the Craps new coach came in their fans were skeptical and look what he did up there? Maybe this team needs some shaking up and if this doesn't do it, nothing will. I will not be chanting against our new coach. I will be pulling for our boys to get out of thid slump and make it to the playoffs. That's what a true Caniac would do...IMO

Why a joke. Explain why?

Becasue he went to Toronto and coached one of the toughest teams/cities/markets in the NHL. (Funny Nolan never got a chance there)

Becasue we fired him?

Please. Maybe he is a good coach. Let's see how the team responds before all us desk jocky's but done a man (JR) who has committed his life to hockey and winning.

Yeah, he hired Mo because they are firends and he wanted a buddy to go to lunch. He would throw away his legacy and the organization to have a buddy back. Come on people. Think befoe you say something stupid./

If we all think before we say something stupid, some of us will never be heard from again.

i don't know for sure but i'm guessing hes not ready and that he would want a full training camp of his style instead of jumping in now. i'm thinking maurice is doing the canes a favor to finish out the season for them. also wonder what the salary hit is on lavi......

Unbelievable!!!!!!!! Unless this action is to let Francis develop time on the

bench. But great players rarely make good coaches in any sport.

assosiate head coach. which higher than assistant but not quite head.

OK, but still he doesn't call the shots..... Glorified Assitant Coach.....

I'm not happy about this but Paul has been the coach for all of about 45 min and people want to fire him.

He hasn't even had the chance to fart in the locker room yet. Give him a few months.

trust me, he will fart in the locker room. why do you think he got fired??

Then maybe that is why no one wants Nolan. Maybe he is a poision in the locker room.

I think MO took the Canes into the Playoffs while he was here right? Then him and Nolan are even.

Sorry--was a couple of years off on the playoff run--but Nolan won COY that year and was fired for a blow up with Hasek. And no, he is not a poison--current NHL analyst for ESPN, Matthew Barnaby--blamed Hasek for the problems. And apart from Hasek, no other comments have been really made by Nolan's players....odd for being such a poison.

As for Hasek being the only reason the Sabre's made the playoffs that year--how does that diminish any coaching job he did that year? And Hasek being hurt in the playoffs also helped them depart the PO that year. And, without looking it up, please name any of the top 5 leading scorers for the Sabres that year. I will tell you the leading scorer only had 53 points--much like Vasicek's 43 or whatever in one of Mo's years. And Nolan got the Islander's into the playoffs--something Mo couldn't do with more talent in Toronto

MODS....can you go back and pull up posts from when Mo was fired from the Canes and post how everyone said JR was an idiot for getting rid of him for Lavi. And how everyone bashed Lavi becasue they all throught "why are we hiring and unknwon coach that the Islanders dont' want" Turned out OK didn't it?

How does McCarthy always survive these things? I have never been real impressed during any of his interviews. He just seems to resay what the head coach says. Does anybody have any insight about him? I guess he has come full circle now. I am pretty sure he was on the bench with MO when he was fired.

Will there be enough room for all of them to stand behind the bench???? I think JR thought by hiring back Mo that this would be a quick fix, hope he is right but........ Seems like to me Francis is taking a demotion from his current position to assistant coach and if he really didn't want to be coaching why is he doing this now? One thing about this move all players except for two will be tradeable if they don't perform. Have we toss in the towel for this year already??

Mo was fired because he lost respect from our players, how long will it take this time??? I don't care what JR stated I believe that Francis will be the coach for the next new year. If JR had stated that MO was a fill end until the end of this season I believe the players who have had no respect from the start.

It will be interesting to see where coach L. will turn up this year.

I would not be surprised to see Lavi behind the bench in Tampa.

Blah Blah Blah

All you pansy wimps need to cut it out!

Waaaaahhh! I threw up!

Waaaaahhh! I called my ticket rep. *seriously* Do you think that's going to get you any answers?

Buwahahahahahahaha!!!!

COACH MO WILL HAE THIS TEAM ON THE GO INTO THE PLAYOFFS!

gb...i do agree with you on NOlan. But there has to be more that he is not employed. No one knows what goes on. If he is so great....I would expect each year to see him on the sideleines.

Well, I guess I will give this a chance. Mo, or any new coach for that matter, deserves that. I got the feeling Francis got "talked" into going behind the bench but it sure can't hurt. I just hope we can survive December without a complete meltdown. Suddenly, .500 in December doesn't sound too bad. I did like the comments Mo made about the pressure players can be under when a coach is in the hot seat and every game becomes magnified. I just hope our best players can be our best players again. Go Canes!

Everyone knows we're losing games 5-1 and 4-2 right? If we're maxing out at 2 goals, doesn't it seem better to have the other guys score only 1 or 0, rather than playing an 'uptempo' game that allows the other team to score 5 while we still score 1 or 2?

Why a joke. Explain why?

Becasue we fired him?

Please. Maybe he is a good coach. Let's see how the team responds before all us desk jocky's put done a man (JR) who has committed his life to hockey and winning.

Maurices' style doesnt work. Maurice adds the "Perfect Shot" to Lavi's dump and chase and that, without a capable offensive defenseman, Im talkin a Lindstrom not a Kaberle or Corvo, equals no goals. This is Like Obama naming Rumsfeld back to the Sec Def.

Don't want to wade through all the posts, but didn't Mo have a history of losing his team both here and in Toronto?

OK...I am done with this. I will leave it to all you nay saysers that just will not be happy unless you complain. Go turn in all your tickets, back up all your t-shirts and clothing, turn in your Canes plates, put away the flags, boo Mo, whatever you feel fit to make you feel better.

Us real fans will be there supporting a team that has been nothing but sucessful since they have been here. Go ask Winnipeg, Hartofrd, Quebec, how they would fell if the Canes moved to their town with coach MO.

YOu have no idea what goes on behind the scenes and you question people that have been in hockey for theri whole lives. Until ronnie shows me different I am behind him 100%. Anything he has done has turned to gold. Why not this.

Have at it nay sayers. Throw up, whine, complain all you want. I for one will look forward to this change and will root for my team no matter what.

GO JR, GO MO, GO RF, GO CANES. C-ya

We're not talking about rehiring a coach like, say, Scotty Bowman. Paul Maurice?!? I continue the puzzlement on this one. I'm all for shaking things up, but not like this.