The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
remkin

Alternative Jersey Poll

Maybe folks can just vote since they already voiced their opinions in the other thread. I can try to merge but Im not sure the poll will go with it, lol.

I will be at the carnival i will try to be first in line to get mine at The Eye, I just hope they have iron on stuff ready so i can get stormy's number on mine.

I will be at the carnival i will try to be first in line to get mine at The Eye, I just hope they have iron on stuff ready so i can get stormy's number on mine.

Ditto except I am looking to get a Gleason jersey.

I love it, I just can't decide who to slap on mine at the carnival.

how about being the first to sport a C97 jersey?? I will even autograph it!! LOL

I like the design...BUT..the "A" Staal was wearing was too large and the flags at the bottom SEEMED a bit too high...still...will add it to my collection.

There has been much discussion on the new jerseys. Most seem to like, but others insist that there is a large undercurrent of people who don't like them. I would be interested to see what a poll would look like. Perhaps this could be merged with the other thread somehow. Anyway, mainly just interested in people voting to get the validity up.

That's what all 3 players said.. exactly like that :lol:
Now that you mentioned it yeah they did huh :lol: I did not even think about that.

100 Votes in: Wow. 91% either like or love these jerseys! I really didn't expect that. Hard to get that much agreement on anything short of "Would you like it if the Hurricanes won another cup?" And twice as many love them than just like them.

I don't think the poll itself is biased, though there may be some selection bias since the vast majority of us are Hurricane fans, and would probably tend to like them more than non fans. I also might have expected some bias towards both ends of the poll, since people who felt more strongly one way or the other might be more likely to vote, but dang, 91%?

Seems like a home run to me.

Now are they really $300?

100 Votes in: Wow. 91% either like or love these jerseys! I really didn't expect that. Hard to get that much agreement on anything short of "Would you like it if the Hurricanes won another cup?" And twice as many love them than just like them.

I don't think the poll itself is biased, though there may be some selection bias since the vast majority of us are Hurricane fans, and would probably tend to like them more than non fans. I also might have expected some bias towards both ends of the poll, since people who felt more strongly one way or the other might be more likely to vote, but dang, 91%?

Seems like a home run to me.

Now are they really $300?

What's more impressive is that to vote in the poll, you have to be a registered member here and, you can only vote once per account. That means that 100 people took the time to vote, whether they are regular posters or just quiet lurkers. Pretty good for the off season and speaks volumes to me about how people feel about the new jersey, for good and for bad.

Seeing it in person makes all the difference, people. I checked them out online after the press conference and the new jerseys do lose some of that "punch" that is there when you see them in person. They are VERY well done!

They're not amazing, but they're pretty nice. It's going to be weird seeing us in black at first, but it's an intimidating color, so I like the idea.