The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
remkin

Alternative Jersey Poll

Nice survey. I wonder what the consensus was for the Sabres' (slugo) jerseys when they came out!

There was a mass hysteria over the potential of a highly contagious disease outbreak as people all over the world got sick at the same time. Then they just realized people saw the Slug jersey.

:P

Nice survey. I wonder what the consensus was for the Sabres' (slugo) jerseys when they came out!

I'm not usually too impressed one way or the other with new uniforms. Just no uniform fashion sense I guess. But even I found the bannana slug uniform haltingly, staggeringly bad. I just kept asking "Is this a joke?", and "what were they smoking?", that kind of thing. I also thought that the quasi-realistic buffalo head that preceded it was one of the best uniforms out there. So for me they went from first to worst. Which after experiencing their fandom up close is not necessarily a bad thing.

It will be interesting to see what people think after having a chance to see them up close and personal tomorrow.
They look good. I'll be buying one, just can't decide if I want heat pressed or stitched.

The only problem I have with the new jersey is the black/gray patch on the shoulders. I wish the patch was in full red/black/white colors. Aside from that, I agree that it definitely will add some menace to our overall look. Hopefully it will help against the defending champion Red Wings!

The worst part about the 3rd jerseys is not being able to get them online at nhlshop.

That is BS and the Canes should work that out.

I want to get the jersey but I want to get it online at nhlshop.

Thanks

ummmm wow. they are online today. Its called patience

Trying to get a customized 3rd jersey online, and it isn't set up for customizing. Will try other jersey sites.

Let me know if you have any luck finding a site that offers it because I was hoping to get a customized jersey from the team web-site as well. Maybe they just haven't gotten around to setting that up yet.

I guess because I'm partial to the red home jerseys, I don't have as many praises to sing about the new third jerseys. Then again, I guess its because a few years ago they had black women's jerseys IIRC, so this isn't some new thing. Just the design. And even that I don't find to be super amazing. Then again, I'm guessing there is only so much you can do with sports jerseys, right? I don't find it offensive to my eyes, but I don't see myself buying one just to buy it.

Let me know if you have any luck finding a site that offers it because I was hoping to get a customized jersey from the team web-site as well. Maybe they just haven't gotten around to setting that up yet.

the eye staff told me not until mid-late october

as an aside, there was a research study done and teams that wear red are more likely to win over teams that wear any other color. it's seriously true.

but the black ones are pretty cool.

do we now yell ..and the rockets' "BLACK!" glare during the national anthem??? Hmmmm.

My understanding is that thusfar the only version of this that is available currently is the "premier" or replica. The "authentic" jersey, which costs $299 (YIKES) is not yet available. Does anyone know when the authentic one will be available, and what the differences will be? What does the extra nearly $200 beans get you?

do we now yell ..and the rockets' "BLACK!" glare during the national anthem??? Hmmmm.
No, no, no. With the black jersey on, we salute the alternate logo with a yell during the part that goes "that our "FLAG!" was still there...." :D

I had to do some birthday shopping this morning at the Eye and stopped by practice. The team was wearing the black gloves, black helmets and black practice socks today.