The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
remkin

Alternative Jersey Poll

My understanding is that thusfar the only version of this that is available currently is the "premier" or replica. The "authentic" jersey, which costs $299 (YIKES) is not yet available. Does anyone know when the authentic one will be available, and what the differences will be? What does the extra nearly $200 beans get you?

Let me ask this another way. Does anyone out there have the authentic red or white jersey that the team currently wears? What is the difference vs. the replica (besides the fight strap)? Is it worth the extra bucks vs. the replica?

Let me ask this another way. Does anyone out there have the authentic red or white jersey that the team currently wears? What is the difference vs. the replica (besides the fight strap)? Is it worth the extra bucks vs. the replica?

there is difference, Id compare in person if I were you. they have all 3 at the eye now - black, red, and White - if you are in Raleigh..

My understanding is that thusfar the only version of this that is available currently is the "premier" or replica. The "authentic" jersey, which costs $299 (YIKES) is not yet available. Does anyone know when the authentic one will be available, and what the differences will be? What does the extra nearly $200 beans get you?

Hopefully that extra money gets you a jersey without vinyl stickers for logos... I was at the Caniac Carnival and of course a bunch of people were buying the new jerseys to get to the head of the autograph line and I really thought the replica ones looked awful... it looks like they tried to stamp em out in a hurry and didnt think anything of quality. As AppState said, the shoulder patches just arent cool.. and its the same on the red and white jerseys too... all the new jerseys from reebok stink. They are thin (nearly see through) with shiny plastic logos... they dont look like hockey sweaters anymore.. they look like freaking football jerseys... which I'm sure was the whole point with the "edge" skin tight, tight on the pads system...

When I got my Koho replica they were 75$... why would I ever pay twice that or more for a flimsier jersey? They need to switch back to CCM jerseys.. but of course they wont.. Reebok.. scuse me.. RBK... paid big big money and I'm sure they have the rights for the next 35 years.

The authentics are what the players wear. They have the fight strap, and they have real patches on the shoulder's not the iron on like the replicas. The sizes also run differently, so instead of having S, M, L, etc the authentics go by 50, 52, 54 etc.

bought an authentic 3rd jersey last night. Has real patches on the shoulders which was enough of a difference for me to pay the extra money. Also, no tag on the outside of the bottom of the jersey, that really irritates me on the new replica jerseys. was painful paying that much, but had planned on it, so it was not a spur of the moment decision.

bought an authentic 3rd jersey last night. Has real patches on the shoulders which was enough of a difference for me to pay the extra money. Also, no tag on the outside of the bottom of the jersey, that really irritates me on the new replica jerseys. was painful paying that much, but had planned on it, so it was not a spur of the moment decision.

Just an fyi, the tag on the bottom can be removed very easily. I have two jerseys that I just took some nail clippers and removed the tags from them.

Just an fyi, the tag on the bottom can be removed very easily. I have two jerseys that I just took some nail clippers and removed the tags from them.
Are you sure it is not illegal to remove those tags??? :)

Are you sure it is not illegal to remove those tags??? :)

Why would it be illegal? It's my jersey that I paid a lot of money for.

So I saw the third jerseys last night, and I must say, they look even more impressive in person.

Same here, I might have to take a visit to triplethreatsports again..... :lol:

You can always hide under your bed. So long as you didn't remove the tags from the mattresses! :o

Well I guess we'll all get to see what really matters tonight: how do these things look on the entire team in a real game! And of course do they bring victory! I want to see the authentic jersey up close in the gift shop also.

Edit: I mistakenly responded directly to your comment. Um, "Removal of the tags without the expressed written authorization of the NHL and the Hurricanes Hockey Club is strictly forbidden." Best I could do.

193 votes and only 4 people absolutely hate them. Wonder if that will change tonight? Wonder how many more votes will come in?

193 votes and only 4 people absolutely hate them. Wonder if that will change tonight? Wonder how many more votes will come in?

I have a feeling that is because they aren't really anything different. Meaning the Canes didn't push it. So if you're OK with the general design of the normal jersey's you would either have to hate black or the secondary logo to hate these.

any word on a potential "black-out" tonight? i'm wearing my red jersey, but my girlfriend just bought a black ruutu tshirt with the alternate logo on front and Ruutu and 15 on the back, so half of us can help for a black-out.

My biggest complaint with the jerseys after seeing them in person it is very very hard to see the number on the arm as the player comes up and down the ice. I'm in the upper level and I had a hard time sometimes seeing who was coming on and off the ice.

Overall, I'd say 6 out of 10.

Alright, in person, the jerseys look awesome. At the game, the players look bigger, and they give a more menacing tone to the team.

Watching the highlights though, they look godawful on TV.

I was one of the people who has been asking for a black jersey over the last few years. When they came out a month back I loved them. When I got to the RBC and they came out on the ice I loved them. They just looked really cool. AS the game went on they just did not look like the Canes. Maybe I will get used to them, but I kind of missed the all red. I think it suits us better.