The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Caniac4life83

Williams being cheered?

Well I new that, I just thought that there was some other reason why else they would be cheering him. I was glad to see that support for him know matter how bad we've been doing and the caniacs were glad to have him back.

he had basically been sidelined for the majority of last year and up until the game against pitt this year. It has been one thing after another with the poor guy. he is a fan favorite, but most of all we need all of the help we can get at this point! ill cheer when he touches the puck tonight as well and maybe even tomorrow.

The Purpose was exactly what Caniacmaniacmonk said..

But i don't see how its a bad thing or a reason to ask yourself why are they cheering for him when he sidelined that past year..?

Imagine seeing your favorite player injured the past year and then finally seeing him playing again, you would feel like cheering him on, no?

;)

I wasn't at the game, but if I had been I'd cheer him on as well. It is now December and the poor guy has missed all these games not to mention last season's injury. he worked hard to come back and I think the applauding was the fan's way of letting him know that he had been missed and we were still proud of him. WELCOME BACK JUSTIN!!! I had the pleasure of sitting in club level on Nov. 2nd right below Ray Whitney's suite. Matt Cullen and Justin Williams were both in that suite that night with their family. I got to see Cullen holding his little boy with williams high fiving him. Even got a pic of it. When the game was over I along with my daughter and friends spoke to Justin and Matt and told them we missed them on the ice. of course we knew cullen would be back soon but we included him too. Justin seemed very thankful for the kind words. My friend Lauren that was also with us was really lucky. her mom works as a server in the suites and had them that night along with Eric Staal's suite. She said that Cullen and Williams were so down to earth. anytime we can show our support to our players we should take that opportunity.

30 goal scoring capable, former all-star, member of every special team, blue collar work ethic, excellent defensive forward, stands in front of the other teams goalie, digs pucks out of the corners, recovering from 2nd severe knee injury, then a new injury...

I can't imagine why people would cheer. :blink:

He was one of the few playing his heart out. People will cheer if they know you are laying it all out there. See Ruutu. To see Williams dive to try to keep a puck in the zone Thursday was very refreshing and gives me something to be excited about with this team. Lets hope the cheers continue to grow! Go Canes!