The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
caniac-97

Are They Nuts???

So Melichar and Dwyer get sent down to Albany and they bring up Casey Borer and Conboy. OK I am great with that part of it. Melichar should never have made the team so that's a good move. But how do you explain not sending Babchuk down? What is JR smoking???

One way contract.

Yeah I think Babchuk, Kaberle, Brookbank and Melichar all need to be gone. Dwyer, Borer, Conboy and Helminen should be part of the team. Not only do they have more skill, but are younger and inject energy into the team. I was saying during the summer that Borer and Conboy should've been on the team to start the year. Looking back on it I would've loved to not trade for Pitkanen and just bring up Borer (which I said they should've done in the 1st place)

Yeah I think Babchuk, Kaberle, Brookbank and Melichar all need to be gone. Dwyer, Borer, Conboy and Helminen should be part of the team. Not only do they have more skill, but are younger and inject energy into the team. I was saying during the summer that Borer and Conboy should've been on the team to start the year. Looking back on it I would've loved to not trade for Pitkanen and just bring up Borer (which I said they should've done in the 1st place)

Kaberle we are stuck with due to injury, hopefully JR can put together a trade for the rest.

Yeah, I just hope JR comes to his senses and dumps Kaberle after he returns. We're gonna take a financial hit if we have to dump him, but we're gonna be losing money if people quit coming to games because the team looks like they don't care anymore.

I don't think many teams are going to give you much for either Kaberle or Pitkanen -- they are making too much money for very moderate skill. However we might be able to find some defensive prospects that could be part of a deal to unload these two. I would rather take a chance on a prospect (even a moderate prospect) see what they have and try to develop them rather then stay with these two space/salary eaters.

Yeah, I just hope JR comes to his senses and dumps Kaberle after he returns. We're gonna take a financial hit if we have to dump him, but we're gonna be losing money if people quit coming to games because the team looks like they don't care anymore.

I don't see that happening, part of the reason he hired Mo was because the MakeBeliefs are paying part of his salary ($500k). I don't see him eating Kab's $2.2mil. He is still on the hook for Lavi's salary ($1mil a year for the next two and a half years).

Did Frank get hurt last night...I swore I saw him out there.

Oh yeah Kaberle is the least of their concerns right now I'm sure.

We didn't need a new coach. What we need is for this team to toughen up, pick some fights, and bash some people's skulls into the boards. We are a light team. No one fears the Canes. I vote for the Reggie Dunlop method of turning a team's fortune around. I want to see Staal get in someone's face (like Crosby did). I want to see some hockey! Right now, their play resembles soccer players on ice. WEAK!

One way contract.

Melichar has a one way contract.

Anyway, with all the injuries to our defenseman, you keep the lesser of the two evils. Babchuk is ok, Melichar is just outright horrible. And since both are on one way contracts, its amazing enough that JR is going to eat Melichar's $1M having him in Albany, I don't see him eating both their salaries of $2M.

We didn't need a new coach. What we need is for this team to toughen up, pick some fights, and bash some people's skulls into the boards. We are a light team. No one fears the Canes. I vote for the Reggie Dunlop method of turning a team's fortune around. I want to see Staal get in someone's face (like Crosby did). I want to see some hockey! Right now, their play resembles soccer players on ice. WEAK!

"The Tobacco Road Bullies"

If Melichar has a one way contract, how did he get sent to Albany?

Depends what kind of mood JR was in. If he was simmering from the last few days, I bet he went Amtrack. If he had some early eggnog, by plane.

My best guess, his Amtrack arrives in Albany early tomorrow morning after making at least 8 stops along the way.

Warning:Sarcasm

Geez...anyoen can egt sent down, thing is they have to go through waivers. Obviously no GM is dumb enough to pickup Melichar, so canes will send him down.

One-way contract is not the reason babchuk is kept on the team, problem is injuries to 2 of our top D-men. J.R. made a big mistake bringing them in, and we all saw how well borer played last season, i thought it was a no-brainer he earned a spot on this years roster but guess I was wrong.

We don't need miracles, just someone who knows how to get the puck out of the zone and not turn over the puck. Borer was that and more, and I am very glad he is back.

Kaberle should go. he dose nothing.

Depends what kind of mood JR was in. If he was simmering from the last few days, I bet he went Amtrack. If he had some early eggnog, by plane.

My best guess, his Amtrack arrives in Albany early tomorrow morning after making at least 8 stops along the way.

Warning:Sarcasm

didn't JR send Irbe to some league below the ECHL?? The one that brought us Slapshot!!

I want to see some hockey! Right now, their play resembles soccer players on ice. WEAK!

Don't watch much soccer, do you? Bad example. You will see more "hits" in a soccer game than in a hockey game. Those hits are skin on skin. Soccer players don't go out with helmets, shoulder pads, shin pads, body armour, etc., to protect themselves. They take each others legs out from behind, go up and crack heads, and this is the stuff you can write without getting *editted*. :rolleyes: Ever had somebody subtly kick your ankle bone with the side of his shoe sole? I've seen 14 year olds who were masters at it. The only thing that holds these guys back is the knowledge of sure retalliation -- and of course, ejection. And those men don't have to have an "enforcer" to fight there battles them. BTW Did you see the defender who head butt his opponent in the World Cup Finals? :o

Don't watch much soccer, do you? Bad example. You will see more "hits" in a soccer game than in a hockey game. Those hits are skin on skin. Soccer players don't go out with helmets, shoulder pads, shin pads, body armour, etc., to protect themselves. They take each others legs out from behind, go up and crack heads, and this is the stuff you can write without getting *editted*. :rolleyes: Ever had somebody subtly kick your ankle bone with the side of his shoe sole? I've seen 14 year olds who were masters at it. The only thing that holds these guys back is the knowledge of sure retalliation -- and of course, ejection. And those men don't have to have an "enforcer" to fight there battles them. BTW Did you see the defender who head butt his opponent in the World Cup Finals? :o

Finally someone else who knows soccer isn't a weak sport.

Bringing up Conboy and Borer was the right decision when Malichar was put on the D. The only time I've seen him play good this season is on my xbox.

Finally someone else who knows soccer isn't a weak sport.

Bringing up Conboy and Borer was the right decision when Malichar was put on the D. The only time I've seen him play good this season is on my xbox.

I bet you had to edit his ratings to get him to play well. lol