The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniacmaniacm

ward vs. leighton

yeah...this has been posted a couple of times elsewhere...

If this is in another thread, i apologize, but with all of the serious threads i figured we couls all use a smile! check this out...
''>
' target="_blank">
[/post] makes me like them even more now that i saw this! :D

i posted this thing twice...didnt mean too. i didnt know it was already used in another thread. I was like...WHAT???? COOL!!!! :D

I can never watch this enough - it's funny they went from that to - everytime they win a game leights smackin cams tail! Gotta love em; :)

Here's the vid from that... lol sorry itskinda shaky but i was on the third level :)

''>
' target="_blank">
[/post]

Thanks for posting it again because i have never seen this before! Nice to see those guys going at it!!I guess they both do have some emotions! :mellow:

Hahaha brings back memories. I was at that game -- that was the biggest brawl I've ever seen in person. We thought they were going to call the game after that, I'm glad they didn't.

Hahaha brings back memories. I was at that game -- that was the biggest brawl I've ever seen in person. We thought they were going to call the game after that, I'm glad they didn't.

I was there too. Agreed It was one of the best hockey brawls..ever. It was great!!! And I used to go to both Philadelphia and Islander games

back in the good "ole" days. My son still has a Leighton Bobble Head from his Norfolk days.

I was there too. Agreed It was one of the best hockey brawls..ever. It was great!!! And I used to go to both Philadelphia and Islander games

back in the good "ole" days. My son still has a Leighton Bobble Head from his Norfolk days.

This may make a lot of people very upset, but neither. Besides the playoff run what has ward done. Sure he has some good games, and he has some good saves ( usually overly hyped by forsland and tracy), but he is not consistent. How many times in a game do you hear Tripp say he wishes he could have that one back. Ward lets up too many week goals. That would be ok sometimes, but it seems like every game he has a few go by him that should be stopped. As a goalie you are not going to stop every shot, but you need to keep your team in the game to help them win. Too many times he has lost the Canes games. I haven't seen Leighton enough to make a decision on him yet. he seems to be an ok backup with some promise. I know the Stanley Cup run wasn't too long ago so there is some emotional attachment to Ward, but it is time to look at options for bringing in a new goal tender. Maybe that would help wake Ward up.

This may make a lot of people very upset, but neither. Besides the playoff run what has ward done. Sure he has some good games, and he has some good saves ( usually overly hyped by forsland and tracy), but he is not consistent. How many times in a game do you hear Tripp say he wishes he could have that one back. Ward lets up too many week goals. That would be ok sometimes, but it seems like every game he has a few go by him that should be stopped. As a goalie you are not going to stop every shot, but you need to keep your team in the game to help them win. Too many times he has lost the Canes games. I haven't seen Leighton enough to make a decision on him yet. he seems to be an ok backup with some promise. I know the Stanley Cup run wasn't too long ago so there is some emotional attachment to Ward, but it is time to look at options for bringing in a new goal tender. Maybe that would help wake Ward up.

Didnt you just post this in another thread?

Hope everyone has seen as evidenced by tonight's perforrmance that the Canes officially have two mediocre, inconsistant goalies. This will get us to perhaps 10th place in the conference come playoff time.

Hope everyone has seen as evidenced by tonight's perforrmance that the Canes officially have two mediocre, inconsistant goalies. This will get us to perhaps 10th place in the conference come playoff time.

the cane's basically have two back up goal tenders. it is time to bring in a solid #1 starter.

You honestly think we've been losing because of our goalies?? Yes, they've had some bad games, all goalies do, but the TEAM has not been playing well. Once our team gets it together and this type of game happens, then you might have legitimate concerns.

You honestly think we've been losing because of our goalies?? Yes, they've had some bad games, all goalies do, but the TEAM has not been playing well. Once our team gets it together and this type of game happens, then you might have legitimate concerns.

Leighton gave up 2 soft goals in the third period and I am not sure what those dive moves were during the 2 shootout goals he gave up. So yes I think a portion of our losing is in fact because of poor goaltending -- both of them! I will also so say that our defense is absolutely horrible. Yes the defense is "decimated with injury" but lets be real. The defensive problems were there well before the injuries. Melichar and Babchuck are absolute jokes and in my mind the jury is still out on Pitkanen.

Leighton gave up 2 soft goals in the third period and I am not sure what those dive moves were during the 2 shootout goals he gave up. So yes I think a portion of our losing is in fact because of poor goaltending -- both of them! I will also so say that our defense is absolutely horrible. Yes the defense is "decimated with injury" but lets be real. The defensive problems were there well before the injuries. Melichar and Babchuck are absolute jokes and in my mind the jury is still out on Pitkanen.

I agree they do not dodge all the blame but to say what some are saying is just rediculious. Let's wiat for the team to get healthy before we trade our #1 goalie.

and I am not sure what those dive moves were during the 2 shootout goals he gave up.

The first one looked to me like someone dared him to do an over the top John Grahame impersonation. If that was the case, I'm giving him 10's across the board: in technique, charisma, AND result.