The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
GOCANES1311

Our leader

VoteForWallin.com

couldnt resist throwing out a little plug for our AllStar here. ;)

Wow Thanks for mentioning wallin!!! Im so sorry i forgot him, i was just naming them off the top of my head! and totally forgot him! Now that i can't change the polls..vote OTHER if you want wallin! or anyone else. If so other...share your thoughts

hmmm? staal's winning. haven't seen him do much lately?

I hope to see him prove his brother and me wrong when they take on the penguins thursday :]

Staal stepped up last year and has proven himself as a player and as a leader. Doesn't matter what his play has been like lately because EVERYONE has been bad! One veteran can keep others from playing to their potential.

I think it should be Whitney. Staal is too young. They need to have mature leadership. Staal still needs to mature. I think Staal (or any of the younger ones) really need to earn their right to lead a team. Whitney has been around. I can't even talk about consistency because there doesn't seem to be any from anyone at the moment.

Staal stepped up in Brindy's absence last year and it appears that management sees him as the next leader of the Hurricanes. Not sure about the statement that Staal is too young. Look at Crosby in Pittsburgh and you know it's just a matter of time before the Caps announce Ovechkin as their captain.

I want to know who you think the "Real" leader is. Not your favorite. But the person who will lead us to the cup!

personally, i choose Ruttu.

BTW: R-U-U-T-U

Brind'Amour. It's up to the coach now to either yank it, or keep it on him. Kind of like Sutter did in NJ...yanked it off Elias and gave it Langenbrunner. Sure turned that team around.

Now, I'd like to see Sutter coaching down here, that's for sure.

Seriously Walker? The guy who can't stay healthy....may be he can be like a coach?

He can't stay healthy because he literally kills himself for this team. I'll take that grit over ineffective (and basically invisible) leaders any day of the week.

I may have voted to soon,, i don't think anyone other that Ruutu should have the "C". Take my vote off the Staal column please!!!Eric needs to look in the mirror and get that guy's head screwed back on !!