The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
GOCANES1311

Our leader

"Believe it or not, it's easier to let go of than the one in Raleigh," he said. "We move on." This was a quote in the N&O from Ray Whitney about the game Thursday. He also said earlier in the article that it was the first time in his career he has been on the losing end of a comeback like that one. Now this is a guy that is wearing an "A" on his chest and this is his attitude. One of our leaders in the locker room.

It is the first time in your career and you can move on easier than last week. Please tell me how giving up four goals in the third is easier to get past than one play in a faceoff circle. I guess it has to do with the fact you can blame it on all the new guys on defense Ray and not the fact you have to actually give effort for the entire game. Nice attitude Ray.

For some positive, it was good to see Staal trying to pump up guys yelling and hitting them with his stick before OT Thursday. His play is improving and showing when all the weight in the world is on this team he rises to the occassion. I wish he could do it when there wasn't so much pressure as well but I think that is part of being 24 and learning lessons in life by experience.

How about instead of having one true leader, why don't they all wear "C"s and go out and play every period (3 periods) like they mean it!!! They can all be captains every given game if they just go out and play each and every period with a little heart! All the mishaps that have occuring this season have been due to mental breakdowns, forget about that last goal, they need to play like the score is 0-0 all the time!!!! The game of hockey is not an individual sport.. it's a team sport! I don't think there should be one single voice in the locker room leading the team, but many working as one!!!!