The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Playmaker-ch1

Tim Conboy

I hope for his sake he is never sent back to Albany again. As I have said before I want to see these players succed in the NHL with the Canes. I would love to see them back but I would rather see them stick with the Canes and do very well for them.

Are you aware that Brind'amour was 80% on Face Offs against the Caps? 16 of 20. There are teams that would snap him up in a heart beat if he were put out to pasture.

Are you aware that Brind'amour is dominating the entire league with a -20 +/-? The next closest person is -15. Yeah, I know, I know...+/- isn't meaningful...blah blah. Its not always an exact representation of a player's performance, but when you are a -20...at this stage of the season, something isn't being done right. Couple that with what I see when I watch him play....and see the complete lack of acceleration in his skating, and the fact that he loses every battle against the boards....its a no-brainer to me. He shouldn't be playing as much as he is when we have guys like Sutter and Bayda...and God spare me for saying this...LaRose who are playing better than Brind'amour but playing far less.

And yes, I am aware that Brind'amour is always successful in the face-off circle. I don't advocate trading him or getting rid of him...I just think he should get less ice time now. Put him out there for critical face-offs for sure.

I think he should stay and be part of the Defense. Having two goons is a good think with the way other teams play now. And maybe they will use him instead of sitting him on the bench the whole game like they do with Brookbank. Seriously Enforcers cant do anything while on the bench, same goes with everyone else.

Don't count on LaCouture, he's not listed in "In the System" or on Roster but he is listed on the depth chart. :rolleyes: When you create that gritty checking line of Brookbank, LaCouture and Conboy, which two are you going to scratch? Sutter, Walker, or LaRose?

oh i was thinking of scratching staal and moving sutter up to his spot and also scratching whitney and putting bayda in his spot :P

haha no i wasnt thinking when i posted that originally

Hopefully he will add what this team has been missing for quite some time and that is physical play. Melichar may have a little bit more to add offensively, but not that much that it would be worth bringing him back up over Conboy. Hopefully, Conboy might make players think twice about charging our net and placing themselves in front.

As somebody that has seen Tim grow over the years, including being his biggest fan when he played juniors in Topeka, I really hope that he will stay with the 'Canes. If given the opportunity he can and will make an impact whether its on the scoreboard or on a guy's body.

I myself think with the way that he has played has earned a spot. Even with some guys coming off the IR.Will be interesting to see what happens under the new coaching Staff.

He stays, gets spotted on line four, scratched often, but is there for whenever a D-man goes down and meanwhile grows consistently more comfortable as a result of regularly practicing with the "big" team.

well i voted that conboy will be sent back. why. well this is my reason. with the way things are here we bring guys up to fill the holes. when thoes holes are filled in with the regulars, no matter how well they played we send them back. each and every game i watch where conboy is playing, he playes ALL the minutes hes given. hes a great player who does well. he understands our team and gels well even in a "fill the whole" kind of way. i would love to see him play as a regular for a while. brookbank, although hes our " enforcer" doesnt do much else. conboy plays hard and produces well for us, not in goals, but in other ways, great d and does what we need him to do. i would love see more ice time for him.

If I had a choice, I'd say Carson should stick with the team, he's doin very well, seems to fit in perfectly. But however, we also got some other guys that are on the return, and i seriously doubt that any of the rats are being played over Wallin, Kabs and Babchuk this season

if I remember correctly, Conboy will be a permanent fixture on the team next season, correct?

Conboy does have a one-way contract next season. But, now that Kab's is back, we need to put Kab's on waviers and keep Conboy up! He is a much better player and not injury prone like Kab's. I bet MO likes Kab's though and will keep him around.

To bad! Buddy system over who plays better. Same ole' story no matter what the business.

My .02, of course!

Conboy does have a one-way contract next season. But, now that Kab's is back, we need to put Kab's on waviers and keep Conboy up! He is a much better player and not injury prone like Kab's. I bet MO likes Kab's though and will keep him around.

To bad! Buddy system over who plays better. Same ole' story no matter what the business.

My .02, of course!

Well i'll add my 2 cents and agree with ya on the get rid of Kabs part. I am hoping Kabs isn't Paul's teachers pet like he seemed to be with Lavs.

So not they have 4 cents to sweeten he get rid of Kabs pot!!

Kaberle is activated from IR and Conboy is on his way to Albany.

For those of you who think Conboy can play defense, watch yesterday's game again. There was a reason he was benched early in the second period and until the end of the game.

If you still don't get it, Conboy is goon not a defenseman. He will be back next season due to the contract he has, but he won't play defense, he will play 4th line wing.

All for Conboy being up, but I would rather see him as a 4th liner and not a D-man. However if we want to use him as an enforcer where was he after Hamrlik came out of the box after the Staal boarding. All he got was a few face rubs from Ruutu and Gleason.

I thought they would keep Conboy up for his versatility (albeit limited ability), but they kepy Carson instead. This sets up an intersting scenario. I'm starting to wonder if the staff likes what they see out of Carson to the point where there will be a D-man shipped out of town once everyone is healthy. Corvo, Pitkanen, and Gleason aren't going anywhere. Neither is Wallin because of NTC. That leaves Babchuck, Kaberle, Seidenberg and Carson. Seids has been a good player for us this year, but is tradeable. Kaberle would get a draft pick. Who knows about Babchuck. Just food for thought.