The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

LACOUTURE ATTEMPTING TO JOIN KHL TEAM?

First Murley, now Lacouture...how come we're the only NHL team that has players bolting for Russia in the middle of the season? :unsure:

We aren't, Nashville and a couple of others have. We have only lost AHL talent but Nashville lost their equivalent of Cole.

if he was a better player he would be in the nhl and not the minors. so if he wants to leave then let him, then we dont have to pay him.

also on the story someone posted this over at tsn.ca: "This is all Salary Cap related, these guys who are at the bottom of the salary grid, can make more money over in Russia, don't blame them, We have a salary cap because we have teams like Phoniex, Carolina, Nashville and Florida all losing money. Whose decision was it to put teams there, they are washing down the league"

the reason dan is not on the team is because we just do not need him, not a salary move at all.

We aren't, Nashville and a couple of others have. We have only lost AHL talent but Nashville lost their equivalent of Cole.

I know very well about Radulov situ, but I wouldn't compare him to Murley or Lacouture. First of all he left during the offseason, not during the regular season. Also, he's Russian, so the motives may be stronger than just the money, he may be homesick, or he wants to live in his own country, speak his own language, be closer to his family... But I do agree, he was to Preds what Cole was to us.

if he was a better player he would be in the nhl and not the minors.

Well, you can make that statement about several hundred players currently playing in the AHL, ECHL, etc.. but you don't see very many of them leaving for KHL. I'm just wondering why the 2 latest cases are both from our org.

First Murley, now Lacouture...how come we're the only NHL team that has players bolting for Russia in the middle of the season? :unsure:
We have only lost AHL talent...

Maybe they didn't like Max's home cookin'? :blink:

B)

Can anyone really blame him...he was basically given a oneway ticket to AHL purgatory as far as he is concerned.

If the NFL starts losing players to the CFL...something is up!

Yeah but a contract is a contract, you sign it you should honor it. He signed it, he knew this was a possibility. So I have a hard time feeling sorry for him regardless of whether or not he wanted to be in the AHL or not. This was possibly his last shot at the NHL and I can't imagine skipping town will help his chances at making a NHL team ever again.

Good Riddance, Dannny is a good player but he was never going to fit in up here. Let him go, it will give some young guy more playing time in Albany. When they say Staal is leaving I will get upset.

Well, you can make that statement about several hundred players currently playing in the AHL, ECHL, etc.. but you don't see very many of them leaving for KHL. I'm just wondering why the 2 latest cases are both from our org.

You also have to realize that LaCouture is older. Majority of the guys in the AHL and ECHL are still young enough to get to the NHL. This was likely LaCouture's last shot at playing in the NHL. It didn't work out. So instead of playing in Albany with a bunch of young kids making $100K, he opted to run to Russia and make millions more.

Maybe they didn't like Max's home cookin'? :blink:

B)

:o . But serously like said before these guys have signed contracts. They should honor them and stop wasting our time. Like with Murley he had a offer to go over to Russia even before he signed with the Canes. But he chose to sign with the Canes becaue he wanted to play at home if he was sent to the minors. I do not blame them for wanting the money but if you want the money fine but stop signing contracts with teams over here and then leaving them high and dry. These teams over here can spend there money on players that want to be over here and that want a shot at the NHL. So if LaCouture does go then I fell the same way about him that I do about Murley screw him I hope he ruins his chances of ever returning over here again.

You also have to realize that LaCouture is older. Majority of the guys in the AHL and ECHL are still young enough to get to the NHL. This was likely LaCouture's last shot at playing in the NHL. It didn't work out. So instead of playing in Albany with a bunch of young kids making $100K, he opted to run to Russia and make millions more.

I wonder how this affects the cap, he is still under contract whether he is here or in Albany. Even though he has run off to Russia I would think that a contract is a contract and the cap hit is there. Under the current CBA I don't think they factored in players going the other way.

I wonder how this affects the cap, he is still under contract whether he is here or in Albany. Even though he has run off to Russia I would think that a contract is a contract and the cap hit is there. Under the current CBA I don't think they factored in players going the other way.
I am not sure how it would work if he does leave but I know the players that are down here in Albany do not count against the cap for the Canes. The only way they count against the cap is if they are on the active roster for the Canes.

I am not sure how it would work if he does leave but I know the players that are down here in Albany do not count against the cap for the Canes. The only way they count against the cap is if they are on the active roster for the Canes.

Actually I think they do but because they get paid so little in Albany it doesn't impact the cap significantly.

I think that is why the canes have some players under contract but not others, I think you have a handful down there that the river rats only have under contract.

They do not unless they are in the NHL. And there is only one player on our active on our roster that is on a AHL contract only.

Pretty sure that going to play for another team would void the contract, which would remove the cap hit...not that it matters much since he was on a two-way contract anyway.

Pretty sure that going to play for another team would void the contract, which would remove the cap hit...not that it matters much since he was on a two-way contract anyway.

only if there is language in the CBA stating that and as far as I know there isn't. At the time the CBA was being worked out, the general consensus then was that who in the world would want to jump the other way. Now we know better.

If he was older (35+) the canes might be stuck with the cap hit, I forget how it works exactly with older guys, but given his age and that it was a two way deal he didn't count against the cap. Generally AHL contracts don't count against the Canes cap, but they could effect the budget depending on how they make payroll in Albany.

only if there is language in the CBA stating that and as far as I know there isn't. At the time the CBA was being worked out, the general consensus then was that who in the world would want to jump the other way. Now we know better.

Given that Radulov doesn't count towards Nashville's cap, based on NHLNumbers.com and Cap Central (Eklunds cap site), someone who voids there contract like that doesn't count, at least if they are young.

Well, looking at the topic title, I'd say at least Captain Caps Lock is trying to join this forum^^

However, I have good understanding for him, it's a big chance for him, and it seems like he won't make it in the NHL anyways, at least not consistently.

Given that Radulov doesn't count towards Nashville's cap, based on NHLNumbers.com and Cap Central (Eklunds cap site), someone who voids there contract like that doesn't count, at least if they are young.

Exactly...has nothing to do with the CBA. A contract is a contract - you go play for someone else, you void the contract. Unless the CBA allows that, which it doesn't. Funny thing is, 1. we're talking about $66,000 per NHLNumbers.com, and 2. that is probably not recoverable anyway, since it is already spent. In other words...nevermind. ;)

And his attempt to sign a KHL team effects the Canes how? Who really cares, he hasn't givin this team anything to worry about losing. Can you say bye bye? <_<

He signs a two way deal thinking he has what it takes to stay up. Once he sees that it isn't going to happen for him here and talking with his agent to see if there are any trade opportunities for him to stay in the NHL, who can blame him for making the most money that he can? At his age, he doesn't have a lot of years left.

I do not think anyone is blaming him for wanting to make as much money as he can. Heck if it was me I would want to make as much money as possible also. But the thing is that he has a contract to play in the Canes orgazation. If he even had thoughts of going over there which I heard he also had offers to go over there in the off season he should have gone. He is wasting a roster spot weather it be with the Canes or with the River Rats. We got guys in the ECHL right now that are more than likly there or other guys maybe the Canes would have liked to offer a contract to that they did not because they took a chance on him. So people should care because right now he is here in Albany and he may be taking other prospects icetime with him being here. If he did not want to be here then do not wast our time.