The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
canesbaby

LaRose "demotion"

There is always going to be a player that comes up with the short end of the stick when things get jumbled by a new coach. Unfortunately this time it is LaRose, through none of his own doing. I imagine he'll keep his head up and things will come back around to him.

Chad is definetly not one of the guys that should be demoted, but with that said, he is the type of guy that will play just as hard if not harder than most of our 1st or 2nd line guys and get moved back up to at least the 3rd line if not farther.

Rudy: But I've come to realize that God made some people out to be football players and that I'm not one of them.

Ara Parseghian: I wish God would put your heart in some of my players bodies.

I don't get why everyone is surprised by this move. If Chad Larose is one of your best players, doesn't that indicate to you some serious issues with your team?

And there are no medals for trying. This is just another in a long line of issues where circumstances dictate the outcome. Eaves has to play to make sure he is either a bust or not. Chad never figured in to the top 9 picture, and he doesn't figure in to the 4th line picture either ultimately when we "get bigger". It's too bad, but that's the way it goes. Wouldn't it be a great world where the hardest working and most deserving people got what they deserved? I remember once where a guy played with a broken neck for this team, and when it came time to pay him, there just was no longer a slot for him.

Everyone trying to figure out where the problem is with this team, and they just aren't seeing that it is above JR, right with the guy who wants to play around with the big boys in the NHL and doesn't have the cash to do so.

I hate to see Chad as the next victim of circumstance, but that's what he is. I hope he'll catch on with the next team, cause he's gone after this season.

Really? How can you put one of the guys only scoring goals back on the fourth line? And if you are going to do that, at least double shift another solid player other then Brookbank. LaRose definitely needs to be out there more. I figured Bayda would have gone to the fourth and LaRose on the 3rd. What are your thoughts???

I for one don't see where a player plays as a demotion or promotion, but see it as where that player can contribute most. Passing out "promotions" for scoring goals sends a bad message to other players. Hockey is a team game, not an individual game. Those who think LaRose should be playing on this line or that because he scored a few goals seem to have no regard for team chemistry. The net is not "closed" to fourth line players. Let LaRose contribute from whatever line he's on. I like LaRose and admire his hustle and grit. I also like the rest of the players.

Let's be concerned for team chemistry and winning. Let the Caps beconcerned about demotions.

If Larose could actually learn to handle the puck, then I am all for moving him up. I like larose and he is one of my favorite players but he is no puck handleler.

He is a 4th line energy player who can move up when needed.

I hate to see Chad as the next victim of circumstance, but that's what he is. I hope he'll catch on with the next team, cause he's gone after this season.

The same thing was said this past off-season. How he was overpaid for being a 4th liner, and he'll never see 2nd-3rd line time because everyone was sooo sure that we'd stay healthy this year.

I highly doubt Chad's gone next year, unless he decides he wants even more money than what he's getting.

If Larose could actually learn to handle the puck, then I am all for moving him up. I like larose and he is one of my favorite players but he is no puck handleler.

He is a 4th line energy player who can move up when needed.

Lets clone him with Sammy! :lol:

Im sorry but all I have to say is LaRose at least deserves Bayda's spot. Bayda is a minor league player who should be the "energy" guy. This is ridiculous what they are doing to Rosie. He played 4 minutes last night. You cant do that to someone who worked his butt off when he was actually playing. At least Lavi double shifted a solid player when Eaves was on the 4th line and playing at least 10 minutes. This is a joke.

Im sorry but all I have to say is LaRose at least deserves Bayda's spot. Bayda is a minor league player who should be the "energy" guy. This is ridiculous what they are doing to Rosie. He played 4 minutes last night. You cant do that to someone who worked his butt off when he was actually playing. At least Lavi double shifted a solid player when Eaves was on the 4th line and playing at least 10 minutes. This is a joke.

Man, I know your the biggest Rosie fan out there since every post you make is about him but look at it from a hockey point of view instead of a fans.

Last night the Canes scored 5 goals......5 goals!! (sadly it wasnt enough :rolleyes: ). The offense is heating up just fine and the more skilled players are stepping up. Why give a guy with less skill who may or may not add some points, the ice time of another player and take away from the chemistry theyve been slowly building. Sucks for Rosie but its his reality. On any other team in the NHL he'd be on the fourth line. Top six players are there because of their skill and because they have the ability to make other players better around them. Rosie can have spurts of solid play where he can score some and bring up the energy level on the ice but he doesnt make players around him better.

And in his 4 minutes of ice time, he took a penalty. Bayda has some chemistry with Cullen so why break that up.

Listen I made this post because every person I talk to is asking the same things I'm wondering. And you keep saying these guys have more skills? Look at Chad's stats from the minors. He may not be a draft pick per say but that was bc of his size. You think Eaves is better. Wake up. He had 5 goals last season and yeah he had a 20 goal season but he was playing on the first line with alfredson and heatly 20 minutes a night and on PP. I could get 20 goals playing with those guys. This is a team. And when one of you teammates steps up and is the only guy getting it done, you don't bench him with a reward. And he is more than a fourth liner. Im not saying he is a second or 1st but he is a third liner. I could understand if Chad wasn't doing anything but he did. He was proving himself as a solid player. Just like when he came back at the end of last season. It takes time and confidence to get going in this league and right when he started to get some, they shot him down. Yes I am a huge LaRose fan. But I'm also a hurricanes fan as a team and this is just a slap in the face.

And so what he took a penalty, so does every other player once in a while. But that dosent matter cause they make millions right? Hes probably rattled he sat on the bench so long.

Listen I made this post because every person I talk to is asking the same things I'm wondering. And you keep saying these guys have more skills? Look at Chad's stats from the minors. He may not be a draft pick per say but that was bc of his size. You think Eaves is better. Wake up. He had 5 goals last season and yeah he had a 20 goal season but he was playing on the first line with alfredson and heatly 20 minutes a night and on PP. I could get 20 goals playing with those guys. This is a team. And when one of you teammates steps up and is the only guy getting it done, you don't bench him with a reward. And he is more than a fourth liner. Im not saying he is a second or 1st but he is a third liner. I could understand if Chad wasn't doing anything but he did. He was proving himself as a solid player. Just like when he came back at the end of last season. It takes time and confidence to get going in this league and right when he started to get some, they shot him down. Yes I am a huge LaRose fan. But I'm also a hurricanes fan as a team and this is just a slap in the face.

I think that he's an amazing PK'er when we put him on the first two lines our PK goes to hell in a hand basket. It's happened each and everytime we give him more time. You need fresh legs on the ice to attack the puck, Brindy is able to do it because he's a monster of conditioning but larose has shown at least 3 different times that when he gets put on top lines and plays more time he's not efficient on the PK. The legs arent there, he can stop more PK goals from being scored then he will ever score himself, and thats his role.

His minor league stats mean nothing. If they meant something Brendl would still be here.

If all that doesnt do it for you he was on the first line for 20 games(estimation) last year and sucked. You may have forgotten about that.

Eaves certainly did not play with Alfreddson and Heatley for 20 minutes a night (all three of those guys are wingers, by the way...). He averaged 12:29 of ice time that season and played on the third line most of the time.

Look at Chad's stats from the minors? They aren't all that great unless you are talking about his final partial season in which he was 23 years old. LaRose was in the ECHL at the same age Eaves was scoring 20 in the NHL.

He scored 20 on a year where everyone was scoring more goals, on the highest scoring team that year. You don't think that might have padded his stats just a little?
I agree that it did pad his stats. However, LaRose has never gotten even close to scoring 20 while being two years older.

Eaves scored 20 one year and a total of 19 the rest of his career. He might be a good guy,but he in a non factor on a team that can't afford dead weight. I would get rid of him if I were GM, but he would not bring much in return. I would move Williams up to play with Brindy, LaRose up to play with Cullen and either put Brookbank in on the fourth line or dress 7 D when we get some guys back. With 7 D someone could double shift with the fourth line. It doesn't seem that Mo is using the fourth line as much as Lavi did, so that would only mean a few extra shifts. On that subject: Is anyone concerned with Sutter's development? It seems his time is down since Mo took over.

Really? How can you put one of the guys only scoring goals back on the fourth line? And if you are going to do that, at least double shift another solid player other then Brookbank. LaRose definitely needs to be out there more. I figured Bayda would have gone to the fourth and LaRose on the 3rd. What are your thoughts???

Go look at the stats. You need to consider ice time. Which players are on the ice the most.

You can only make goals if you are on the ice.

Eaves & Bayda???? Spend more time on the ice than LaRose. But the stats don't lie.

Can it be a salary thing? They pay them so play them?

LaRose 875,000

Eaves 1,400.000,

Bayda 475,000

Last 5 games approx. minutes played

LaRose 50

Eaves 72

Bayda 71

Goals

LaRose 7

Eaves 0

Bayda 3

Shooting Percentage

LaRose 14.9

Eaves 0.0

Bayda 8.1

I wanted to watch a few games under MO before making this post...

I think before the end of the season.. he'll be trade bait... or at least a chip in a trade! He won't excel under Mo's system and to be honest, he over-achieved before Lavi was fired because all of our bigger name players were under-acheiving, now your Staal's of the world are starting to find their game.. Rosy's minutes diminsh! I still think it's BS that Rosy would've taken JR to arbitration.. I mean come on, he's a fouth-line lifer!!!! I think JR will remember that when a trade is looming. Sorry LaRose fans, but that's how the cookie crumbles!!! GO CANES!!!!!!!!!

I disagree with most -- Chad has not "overachieved" under Lavi, He is a solid third line NHLer and an above average Pker. He has improved his offensive game every year since being in the NHL and had offensive potential coming in as shown in his offensive success prior to the NHL.

He belongs in the top nine on this team , right now above Scott Walker and Patrick Eaves. I am huge scotty Walker fan from before he ever came here but becuase of injuries and other factors he hasn't produced much since his first season in Carolina.

Patrick Eaves basically just needs to be scratched every night, but alas Chad is the one being scratched tonight.

I guess they want to prove that they didnt make a mistake by signing Eaves. How can you scratch a guy who has the same amount of goals as the caption who plays a quarter of the amount of icetime. Roddy played 27 minutes last game. Thats just ridiculous. Not to mention he has not business in the shootout. Staal was having a good game, prob should have chosen him or cullen.

Oh and why does Bayda have a one up on Chad?? Hes def not a 3rd line nhler.

I disagree with most -- Chad has not "overachieved" under Lavi, He is a solid third line NHLer and an above average Pker. He has improved his offensive game every year since being in the NHL and had offensive potential coming in as shown in his offensive success prior to the NHL.

He belongs in the top nine on this team , right now above Scott Walker and Patrick Eaves. I am huge scotty Walker fan from before he ever came here but becuase of injuries and other factors he hasn't produced much since his first season in Carolina.

Patrick Eaves basically just needs to be scratched every night, but alas Chad is the one being scratched tonight.

OK,

I think it's time the fans started helping the coach.

Bring a sign for Thrusday's game.... December 18. This gives everyone enough time to make one.

And one more game to see what is going on with this team.

If you need help, I'll make one for you.

Simple sign

"PLAY LaRose"

Come on fans.....we can vote for Wallin and we can support LaRose.

It's time this coaching staff starts coaching forget the politics.

Let's play Hockey!

Eaves has also gotten powerplay time on both the Senators and the Canes, while LaRose has not.

Got any idea why that is?

Blonde Fan says.

"Bring a sign for Thrusday's game.... December 18. This gives everyone enough time to make one.

And one more game to see what is going on with this team.

If you need help, I'll make one for you.

Simple sign

"PLAY LaRose"

Come on fans.....we can vote for Wallin and we can support LaRose.

It's time this coaching staff starts coaching forget the politics."

Sarcasm alert

This will probaly work. I saw Ronnie pointing out a sign to Mo at our last home game. With only 5 coaches they must be looking for input from the fans. :rolleyes: