The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
canesbaby

LaRose "demotion"

Yeah, this makes me really mad, he really deserves to have ice time, why call him out, i say bench the guys who aren't contributing, sutter hasnt done much. So lets play him? I wonder what goes through coaches minds? LaRose doesnt deserve this at all.

trying to make a point that i see LaRose accomplishing more then sutter, and some other guys

Points don't tell the whole story. Just b/c a player has 10 pts and another has 3, doesn't necessary mean that player with 10 points is the better player. You have to look at a players overall game. Sutter, at 19, has more hockey sense, as in smarts, than LaRose at 24. And let's not forget that it was Sutter who got Chad his multiple 2 goal game on the Island. Sutter's defensive game is greater than LaRose's. Just b/c Larose has more goals doesn't make him a better player. People put to much weight on points, but you have to look at the whole picture.

I gotta admit Chad ha snot been treated too fairly lately...which i don't admit too often. He's played his heart out every game, he works very hard on forechecking and our PK is a mess, and at the same time he isn't really there to kill them anymore.

I'd rather the canes put in 6 D-men than have Rod double shift and rack up some more 24-28 minute games.

I agree this benching is unfounded, we need him on PK. Which is very odd, I dont like Maurice however he was very fond of a certain high energy player named Jeff Daniels back in the day. Doesn't make much sense he wouldn't be thrilled to have a young version of him on the team.

I originally argued he shouldnt get more ice time, however I did not want him benched. This guy is a major asset to our PK and 4th line energy line.

Mo has no idea who LaRose is. Give him more than a couple games. The organization is still hoping Eaves will turn it around, hence why he played. And Mo is more familiar with Bayda than he is with LaRose. Hence why he played.

When both Eaves and Bayda continue their lack of production, Mo will have no choice but to bring LaRose back on the ice.

Mo may have no idea who LaRose is but Ron Francis does. :P And the assistant coaches, Tom and Ron, have a lot of input as to who plays. I can't believe most of you guys think Ronnie and Tom are paid to get Mo's coffee and donuts. :rolleyes: A professional Head Coach seeks input and listens to what the Associate Head Coach and the assistant coach responsible for the defense think. Wanna complain about somebody not playing LaRose? Ron Francis is your guy. And Ronnie Franchise knows talent.

Well, I didn't read through all posts of the thread, so i don't know if it's been said already. Anyway, here I go...

Rosey is playin very very well for his possibiltys, and in the matter what the canes would expect of him, now question, and I respect what he does for this team. But lookin to the future, and this teams success...do you really think it's a player like him who will push this team on a playoff pace? He surely won't, if the canes want to make the playoffs, and maybe go behind the first round, they HAVE to get other players goin, players that are in basic much more talented than LaRose is, esepecially when it comes to scoring, difference making.

Rough said, there are two ways:

1. Go with players like LaRose, be happy with teh 30-40 points he brings on the ice just because you don't expect your other players to get it goin. That maybe looks like a good reward for Roseys nice job he did in the past games, but won't make any sense for the future success of this team.

2. Go for our top players, our talented young guns who are expected to bring big numbers for this team for a long time (like Eaves, Ruutu, Staal, Williams). That will risk some disappointments (like we saw most of the season yet), but when it works out, can bring this team to the playoffs and make up a big future for this generation of canes hockey.

That's the choice to make for Maurice right now, and I'm sure that JR wouldn't be pleased if he'd go with the 1st one, as would I and most of the fans on this board.

That response it ridiculous. You cant possibly tell me that you think the line up without LaRose is going to play better. Even as a fourth line, he brings energy, heart and soul that no other player brings to the table. And at the least, the guy steps up when other players arent getting it done. You dont bench a guy after he works his butt of to help contribute as a team. Maurice made a bad choice and whoever thinks Bayda brings more to the table than LaRose is wrong. Yes I agree Eaves deserves a chance but Bayda dsoent deserve to play over Rosie. Maurice played favorites in this situation. Not a good coach IMO.

And the excuse of dressing 7 D is BS. The seventh defenseman played 4 minutes. Im guessing and almost postive Chad will be in the line up Teusday but I still think the fans should stick up for him. Just show support. Even if its not for the coach, at least Rosie will see it and feel better about the situation.

And the excuse of dressing 7 D is BS. The seventh defenseman played 4 minutes. Im guessing and almost postive Chad will be in the line up Teusday but I still think the fans should stick up for him. Just show support. Even if its not for the coach, at least Rosie will see it and feel better about the situation.

How is that BS? The coaches didn't know if Gleason and Seidenberg could play the full game. What if one of them couldn't finish the game. It just happened that both felt good and were able to finish, which is why the 7th guy didn't get minutes. The 7th guy was dressed as a safety precaution. He wasn't dressed to play 10 minutes, he was dressed in case Gleason and Seidenberg couldn't finish. Unless you have a crystal ball and are psychic, you didn't know if either guy would be able to finish the game. Its called playing it safe.

How is that BS? The coaches didn't know if Gleason and Seidenberg could play the full game. What if one of them couldn't finish the game. It just happened that both felt good and were able to finish, which is why the 7th guy didn't get minutes. The 7th guy was dressed as a safety precaution. He wasn't dressed to play 10 minutes, he was dressed in case Gleason and Seidenberg couldn't finish. Unless you have a crystal ball and are psychic, you didn't know if either guy would be able to finish the game. Its called playing it safe.

You are correct on the 7th Dman, luckily he wasn't needed. Mo needed the insurance and to take a 4th line guy off the ice that wouldn't have seen a lot of minutes anyway wasn't a big deal. The question that everybody has here is "why Rosie"? I wonder that myself. If he doesn't sit then who sits? Eaves is trying to find his game and sitting him may be the wrong idea. Bayda is a possibility, but I really like the way he plays too. Every team needs a guy like Rosie, but I think our problem may be that we have 2 or 3 guys like that. He is a fan favorite and has shown a knack for scoring this year but we don't see what the coaches see or what goes on in the locker room.

The talk of J.R. being mad at him for threatening arbitration is just crazy. If J.R. didn't want to pay him, all he had to do was to let him walk. Why sign a guy and then be mad at the guy because you signed him?

Just a hunch....

Perhaps Maurice and Francis decided to reduce LaRose's playing time and eventually scratch LaRose because they were tired of seeing him get knocked around on the ice and repeatedly get pushed off the puck.

He seems to have no strength whatsoever. He doesn't seem to mind hitting people, but he doesn't seem to have any impact. I recall laughing at the most recent Washington game when he made a run at Ovechkin and Ovechkin simply stuck his left arm out and knocked him down. LaRose gets knocked off the puck constantly. He just doesn't seem to have any strength.

That response it ridiculous. You cant possibly tell me that you think the line up without LaRose is going to play better. Even as a fourth line, he brings energy, heart and soul that no other player brings to the table. And at the least, the guy steps up when other players arent getting it done. You dont bench a guy after he works his butt of to help contribute as a team. Maurice made a bad choice and whoever thinks Bayda brings more to the table than LaRose is wrong. Yes I agree Eaves deserves a chance but Bayda dsoent deserve to play over Rosie. Maurice played favorites in this situation. Not a good coach IMO.

Could it be that Lavi played favorities all along too because Chad fit into his system? Maurice might not get a lot of credit around here but he just happends to be the new coach who is trying to tweak the system a little and make the team better as a whole. From what I can tell most of our forwards are creeping out of their funk and adjusting well ... but Chad, who is still stuck in Lavi's dump and chase mode when most of the others have moved on. I hope it's just a wakeup call for Chad because I like him but the team does come first.

FYI a 7th D-man isn't there to split time with the other six, he's there to provide insurance in case 1 of the 2 D-men coming of IR is re-injured and/or to give some break to the returning D-men. So 4 minutes was more than I would have liked to have been required of him. He spelled Gleason for those 4 minutes.

LaRose is not a high school punk, he won't be reading these boards to feel better.

Could it be that Lavi played favorities all along too because Chad fit into his system? Maurice might not get a lot of credit around here but he just happends to be the new coach who is trying to tweak the system a little and make the team better as a whole. From what I can tell most of our forwards are creeping out of their funk and adjusting well ... but Chad, who is still stuck in Lavi's dump and chase mode when most of the others have moved on. I hope it's just a wakeup call for Chad because I like him but the team does come first.

I agree that's part of it, Chad fitting Lavi's system. New coach, new system. Maurice wants his guys to be more defensively sound. This is an area, Chad needs work on. Maurice's big thing is not chasing the puck, but rather putting yourself in position defensively to break up a play. This is something Chad has no skill at doing. Which is why you'll see a guy like Eaves playing over Chad. Eaves has defense awareness and he thinks the game. He puts himself in good position, which is why Eaves has taken Chad's spot on the PK and this started even before Lavi was fired.

I have no doubt that Chad will be back in the line up Tuesday. And like I've said before, I personally would have scratched Bayda, but Mo went with who he is more comfortable with. And seriously if anyone thinks Chad is going to sit and mope about this, then you just don't know your fan favorite at all.

Again, not convincing about the 7th D-man. If i recall correctly, Conboy plays both positions and would have played it well and probably better than Rodney. And if you arent ready to play health wise, get off the ice. We cant afford to play *edit*

Again, not convincing about the 7th D-man. If i recall correctly, Conboy plays both positions and would have played it well and probably better than Rodney. And if you arent ready to play health wise, get off the ice. We cant afford to play half***.

And also can't afford to play with a roster of AHL Dmen. See the Philly game.

Again, not convincing about the 7th D-man. If i recall correctly, Conboy plays both positions and would have played it well and probably better than Rodney. And if you arent ready to play health wise, get off the ice. We cant afford to play half***.
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. Conboy was in the lineup.

I was saying he could have played the 7th D and LaRose still dressed. But instead he played forward.

I think you are confused.

A team can dress 12 forwards, 6 defenseman and 2 goalies. Or a team can dress 11 forwards, 7 defenseman and 2 goalies.

To make room for the 7th defenseman, the 12th forward had to be scratched. In this instance, LaRose happened to be the 12th forward.

Conboy was dressed as the 7th defenseman, but you can't dress 12 forwards and 7 defenseman. It has to be one or the other.

You likely saw this on the broadcast: Bayda-Sutter-Conboy, right?

That is where the 7th D is written in as that's the open spot left by the 12th forward being scratched. It doesn't mean he is playing offense for that game.

Understand now?

Well, I didn't read through all posts of the thread, so i don't know if it's been said already. Anyway, here I go...

Rosey is playin very very well for his possibiltys, and in the matter what the canes would expect of him, now question, and I respect what he does for this team. But lookin to the future, and this teams success...do you really think it's a player like him who will push this team on a playoff pace? He surely won't, if the canes want to make the playoffs, and maybe go behind the first round, they HAVE to get other players goin, players that are in basic much more talented than LaRose is, esepecially when it comes to scoring, difference making.

Rough said, there are two ways:

1. Go with players like LaRose, be happy with teh 30-40 points he brings on the ice just because you don't expect your other players to get it goin. That maybe looks like a good reward for Roseys nice job he did in the past games, but won't make any sense for the future success of this team.

2. Go for our top players, our talented young guns who are expected to bring big numbers for this team for a long time (like Eaves, Ruutu, Staal, Williams). That will risk some disappointments (like we saw most of the season yet), but when it works out, can bring this team to the playoffs and make up a big future for this generation of canes hockey.

That's the choice to make for Maurice right now, and I'm sure that JR wouldn't be pleased if he'd go with the 1st one, as would I and most of the fans on this board.

You're kidding, right?

So basically, you're saying the choices are:

1. Play LaRose, no one else contributes anything, and we miss the playoffs.

2. Don't play LaRose, watch Ruutu, Staal, etc tear it up, and make the playoffs.

Does that make any sense to you? Why would having LaRose in the lineup effect their play at all? If it does (and there's no evidence that it does), then the fault lies on those players, not LaRose.

You completely ignore the 3rd option:

3. Play LaRose, and have our star players actually play like star players and make the playoffs.

Icefrog999- How our "star" players play is not based on LaRose in the line up or not. Dont forget he was in the line up the year we won the stanley cup. The way I see it is he stepped up and was getting it done. Star players dont always produce every night. My only argument here was that he deserves to be in the line up. Fourth line whatever dosent matter. Just not scratched watching from the press box.

Dont forget he was in the line up the year we won the stanley cup.

If I'm not mistaken, that whole year LaRose had very limited minutes, and was often a scratch, even during the playoffs. I could be wrong since I don't like to live in the past.

I keep seeing so many people referring to the "year we won the Cup". That was three seasons ago people. It was great, awesome, one of the best times of my life....but it was three seasons ago. Time to move on. What worked three years ago isn't going to work every year.

If I'm not mistaken, that whole year LaRose had very limited minutes, and was often a scratch, even during the playoffs. I could be wrong since I don't like to live in the past.

He was lined with the Adams family most of the time. I remember Lavi saying they were a vital part of the team, referring to them as "pitbulls".

He was lined with the Adams family most of the time. I remember Lavi saying they were a vital part of the team, referring to them as "pitbulls".

two pitbulls and one chihuahua