The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

The Official VoteForWallin.com thread

That is a great idea! Cool...

You can buy sheets of "Iron-On" printer-friendly paper and print out anything on your printer (from the computer)... cut it out and iron it onto a blank shirt. I did one with my sister a few years ago... we got the materials (one shirt and a pack of the paper) from our local Wal-Mart, so it shouldn't be hard to find. They are surprisingly durable... or I'm just very easy on my clothes. :lol:

how about chuck k? we could send him an email about it and see if he will plug it on the air...i know you can email for kaiton's corner but is there another email that would get a better response!?

I design t-shirts as a hobby. My techniques are a secret though:)

The front of my shirt will read:

VO7E WALLIN

(with a Hurricanes logo)

The back:

www.voteforwallin.com

and I'm debating on whether or not to put 2009 NHL All-Star Game on the lower back.

i'm working on a video for this and i can't figure out how to record the audio on either of my computers, so if anyone can somehow get the audio of any broadcast of Wallin's overtime goal against New Jersey for me it would be greatly appreciated

Yeah, I'm hoping that we get "Official" approval from the organization, cuz that will allow a lot of freedom when it comes to things like advertising at the RBC Center and on the hurricanesdotcom site.

let's all decide on one set shirt design that way everyone that wants a shirt would have the same one.. i'm up for anything and i'll most likely order one if we do it.

also i was thinking if you're able to leave blank positions on the ballot it would be helpful to not vote for other defensemen that way you don't raise the numbers for the others while trying to catch up, if you get what i'm saying.

let's all decide on one set shirt design that way everyone that wants a shirt would have the same one.. i'm up for anything and i'll most likely order one if we do it.

also i was thinking if you're able to leave blank positions on the ballot it would be helpful to not vote for other defensemen that way you don't raise the numbers for the others while trying to catch up, if you get what i'm saying.

i don't think you can leave blank positions on the ballot-i am pretty sure i tried to do that last year and it wouldn't let me. i am pretty sure you have to vote for three forwards, two defensemen and a goalie for both conferences before it will accept your ballot.

i don't think you can leave blank positions on the ballot-i am pretty sure i tried to do that last year and it wouldn't let me. i am pretty sure you have to vote for three forwards, two defensemen and a goalie for both conferences before it will accept your ballot.

hm.. well it's gonna be hard to get him in if we're voting for other guys the same amount of times..

hm.. well it's gonna be hard to get him in if we're voting for other guys the same amount of times..

nope i was wrong (happily) this is from the press release about real time balloting this year...Fans can vote for up to 6 Eastern Conference players and 6 Western Conference players: 3 forwards, 2 defensemen and 1 goaltender. For the first time, fans will be permitted to select as few as 1 player - a balloted player or write-in - per online ballot at Vote.NHL.com or via text message.

so i guess this means that you can just pick nic. YAY! :D

nope i was wrong (happily) this is from the press release about real time balloting this year...Fans can vote for up to 6 Eastern Conference players and 6 Western Conference players: 3 forwards, 2 defensemen and 1 goaltender. For the first time, fans will be permitted to select as few as 1 player - a balloted player or write-in - per online ballot at Vote.NHL.com or via text message.

so i guess this means that you can just pick nic. YAY! :D

awesome that way it might be quicker too! not having to select 6 different positions! which means more voting! haha

Use the W in "vote." It loses its charm and creativity without it.

Problem is most people dont get it :(

It even took some older members a day to get it, imagine someone briefly reading your shirt?

Not everyone knows Wallin is pronounced Vallin and to be honest unless you find a font that makes the T look like a 7 and a T thats not going to go well either since most people over the age of 40 dont get numbers in words replacing letters.

I said most not all so dont flame me because your a prodigy who gets it.

It even took some older members a day to get it, imagine someone briefly reading your shirt?

Not everyone knows Wallin is pronounced Vallin.

That is what I thought too...but I like the W.

Not everyone knows Wallin is pronounced Vallin

yeah i had to explain it to people. which is a real shame because it is perfect.

yeah i had to explain it to people. which is a real shame because it is perfect.

The idea is to get people on board though, not confuse them. The idea is awesome for us the diehards but most Caniacs wont get it.

The idea is to get people on board though, not confuse them. The idea is awesome for us the diehards but most Caniacs wont get it.

yeah agreed. it is still really good...so props to whoever came up with it!

Here's what David Lee, the Canes blogger on Kuklas Corner has written in support. His blog is titled "Red and Black Hockey"

Write in Wallin

by David Lee on 11/11/08 at 08:24 PM ET

This year will be the third year that the NHL All-Star balloting will be 100% digital, which opens the gates for a lot of ballot box stuffing. Fans are allowed, and even encouraged to vote as often as they wish.

There are three Hurricanes on the official ballot. Eric Staal, the reigning All-Star MVP; Rod Brind