The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

The Official VoteForWallin.com thread

Great job, everyone. Things are really beginning to take shape. I took a quick look at the website. Any chance we can add a little more history about Wallin as a player? Luke DeCock did a great little story for his News & Observer blog last week. Here's a link to the story if you're interested: http://blogs.newsobserver.com/decock/secre...n-strikes-again . It may help for those non-Caniacs who aren't as familiar with Wallin's heroics. ;)

Great job, everyone. Things are really beginning to take shape. I took a quick look at the website. Any chance we can add a little more history about Wallin as a player? Luke DeCock did a great little story for his News & Observer blog last week. Here's a link to the story if you're interested: http://blogs.newsobserver.com/decock/secret-weapon-strikes-again' target="_blank">http://blogs.newsobserver.com/decock/secre...n-strikes-again[/post] . It may help for those non-Caniacs who aren't as familiar with Wallin's heroics. ;)

That piece is actually on the "Nic's Pics" section of the site. lol

I cast my first vote of many for Wallin! I guess the polls just opened at midnight EST, but in Japan it's only 3:30 in the afternoon. Currently our Secret Weapon isn't even in the top ten but I'll keep working on it!

ETA: I don't know how they are doing it, but all the Montreal players have over 2000 votes each now and the poll opened 2 hours ago now. I voted 40 or so times and Wallin is up to 8th!

Why the heck is a link to the voting site not on the front page of NHL.com? Unless I just cant see it somewhere its not there. and nhl.com/allstar takes you to a page for the 2007 game.

What am I missing here?

*Ah ha... found it in the original press release finally..vote.nhl.com.... why no link? wierd.

Hmm... is it some sort of conspiracy? :angry: I voted twice for Wallin, and now when I attempt to do it a third time, his name is not registering when I type it in the write in field. Tried on both Firefox and IE... no luck.

so much for the real time voting results...

Nic is not even showing up on the leader board

I voted for LUNDQVIST a couple of times with Nic to see of the leader board would change and it did not...

KEEP VOTING!

I'm In! Man, my signature is getting busy...

Yikes, yes it is. You need to reduce it to 150 pixels high for both images and text. The jerseys by themselves are 105 pixels :o

I tried to PM you.

Of course I will vote for Wallin, but I do have a comment to make.

I always try to maintain my status as the "resident smarty pants" on the board, but my daughter outdid me Sunday after the game as we were waiting outside for autographs. She asked me just how Wallin could be the "secret weapon" when we were telling everybody. That's not a good way to keep a secret. It's hard to argue with logic like that.

Just so everyone knows, Wallin is a great guy and ambassador for the team. I don't think that I've ever seen him not stop and sign autographs when a lot of players just speed by.

Of course I will vote for Wallin, but I do have a comment to make.

I always try to maintain my status as the "resident smarty pants" on the board, but my daughter outdid me Sunday after the game as we were waiting outside for autographs. She asked me just how Wallin could be the "secret weapon" when we were telling everybody. That's not a good way to keep a secret. It's hard to argue with logic like that.

Just so everyone knows, Wallin is a great guy and ambassador for the team. I don't think that I've ever seen him not stop and sign autographs when a lot of players just speed by.

all the more reason to vote for him! :) but i agree he is a really nice guy...my lasting image of him will be tapping the "starter of the game" on his shin guards in the classic hockey sign for hey man nice going. it was so small and seemingly unimportant but i am sure that it meant a lot to that kid.

I just tried to "Wote for Wallin" but the site wouldn't let me write his name in. When I added the "W" to the text box, his name popped up along with a few others but the site wouldn't let me click on his name to add him.

Hmmmmm...... anyone else have this problem?

I cast my vote for Nic, and i wrote in Leighton as my goaltender choice. At the rate Leights is going with his play, he's an ALL-Star in my eyes!!!!! Here's to beating those Crapitals

tonight!!!! GO CANE'S!!!!!

I just tried to "Wote for Wallin" but the site wouldn't let me write his name in. When I added the "W" to the text box, his name popped up along with a few others but the site wouldn't let me click on his name to add him.

yeah it's a little sensitive. type in Wallin exactly and it should just bring his name up and then you can click on it. you have to have it just right before it will recognize him.

I had the same problem, you just gotta spell his name out fully, then it will drop down in the box.

so much for the real time voting results...

Nic is not even showing up on the leader board

I voted for LUNDQVIST a couple of times with Nic to see of the leader board would change and it did not...

KEEP VOTING!

Not hockey related, but congrats on selling that car!!!!