The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

The Official VoteForWallin.com thread

Wow, this is quite an interesting read:

http://forum.canadiens.com/index.php?showtopic=21619''>http://forum.canadiens.com/index.php?showtopic=21619' target="_blank">http://forum.canadiens.com/index.php?showtopic=21619[/post]

No offense to all Habs fans especially you whatthepuck, but this was a sad read.

Well I'm not one of those people using those scripts, just so you know.

And it is pretty ridiculous, but if you read the entire thing you'd notice that some fans are actually putting a lot of effort into voting the Canadiens in and I don't have a problem with that, the NHL told us to vote often! And that's what they have been doing so far. I am a Canadiens fan, and I do want to see an All Hab starting lineup, and I am going to vote to get them in.

But compared to the votes last night and this morning, they have already taken off about 25,000 votes or so, so I suppose they found a way to see what's scripts and what isn't. I expect those numbers to go down quite a lot. It would be very unfair to restart the votes at zero, though, so I am glad that is not what they are doing. Just my opinion.

voting's becoming a pain.. with the "CAPTCHA" thing and the "you can only vote once per minute"

woulda been nice if they caught the automatic stuff

Heck, the CAPTCHA thing won't let my votes go through. :angry:

Well I'm not one of those people using those scripts, just so you know.

And it is pretty ridiculous, but if you read the entire thing you'd notice that some fans are actually putting a lot of effort into voting the Canadiens in and I don't have a problem with that, the NHL told us to vote often! And that's what they have been doing so far. I am a Canadiens fan, and I do want to see an All Hab starting lineup, and I am going to vote to get them in.

But compared to the votes last night and this morning, they have already taken off about 25,000 votes or so, so I suppose they found a way to see what's scripts and what isn't. I expect those numbers to go down quite a lot. It would be very unfair to restart the votes at zero, though, so I am glad that is not what they are doing. Just my opinion.

I know you arent, you've worked too hard with us to do that. I did see that some of the Habs fans in that thread didnt approve either.

I wish they would remove the ones who they know won't hit the 20 games minimum by the deadline (e.g. Gonchar). No offense to them, they're great players, but it's jut a little too much for me. Anyways, time to get crackin' on those votes.

EDIT: Okay, is it just me, or do I not see the CAPTCHA image at all? Not working on Firefox or IE.

I wish they would remove the ones who they know won't hit the 20 games minimum by the deadline (e.g. Gonchar). No offense to them, they're great players, but it's jut a little too much for me. Anyways, time to get crackin' on those votes.

EDIT: Okay, is it just me, or do I not see the CAPTCHA image at all? Not working on Firefox or IE.

When you click vote again, you have to refresh twice to get the new CAPTCHA code. What a pain, but keep voting anyway.

When you click vote again, you have to refresh twice to get the new CAPTCHA code. What a pain, but keep voting anyway.

Or right click on the failed picture icon and then select "show image". That is what I've been doing on my repeat votes for Wallin.

EDIT: Here is vote #50 from me for Wall

normal_vote.jpg

The NHL is getting tricky with the CAPTCHA codes but at least now you dont have to keep refreshing to get the new code.

Keep Voting!!!

i have definitely voted at least 100 times in the past day and a half by text message. if you can, i would suggest doing it that way since it's faster and you don't have that code thing. i tried doing it online and even after entering it correctly, it still wouldn't accept it. i had to do it 3 times...so texting is the way to go if you can!

i have definitely voted at least 100 times in the past day and a half by text message. if you can, i would suggest doing it that way since it's faster and you don't have that code thing. i tried doing it online and even after entering it correctly, it still wouldn't accept it. i had to do it 3 times...so texting is the way to go if you can!

This updated re-CAPTCHA program is hard to read at times but it has it's own refresh button in the box if you want a new code. Its much quicker than having to refresh the whole page.

I wish we could see how many votes he actually has. 20,000 for the last defenseman spot in the east right now.

your wish has been granted- the leader board has an added feature

The bad news: Wallin has only 3,400 votes -- you jokers better start clicking!

your wish has been granted- the leader board has an added feature

The bad news: Wallin has only 3,400 votes -- you jokers better start clicking!

Has this always been there and I just missed it?

KEEP VOTING!!!!!!!!!!!

Has this always been there and I just missed it?

KEEP VOTING!!!!!!!!!!!

i don't think so...at least i never saw it. so if it did exist and you missed it, you wouldn't be the only one. VOTE PEOPLE!!!!!

It's now at 3513.

Which doen't make sense because I've voted 200 times since it was at 3424... strange...

I agree, something isnt quite right with their "real time."

Anyone else getting a chuckle from some of the reCAPTCHA codes? Whoever is creating them has a sense of humor.

I agree, something isnt quite right with their "real time."

Anyone else getting a chuckle from some of the reCAPTCHA codes? Whoever is creating them has a sense of humor.

oh i agree...i voted for one of forwards who were already on the top ten list just to see if it changed. and it didn't. i am thinking that they only update it every so many minutes, hours, etc. which kind of defeats the purpose if you ask me. but i am still voting so hopefully it will show up!

just a tid-bit off topic on captchas, they are produced through a third party company, and besides the security uses, they are used to help translate old text. For example the hard to read letters and words are often in old texts scanned into their software, and they use the majority of what people type in as the actual translation of the letters/words.

/on-topic...

need to get some more media on to this so others outside of our fans might actually vote for him. It will be nearly impossible otherwise, but still worth the efforts ;)

just a tid-bit off topic on captchas, they are produced through a third party company, and besides the security uses, they are used to help translate old text. For example the hard to read letters and words are often in old texts scanned into their software, and they use the majority of what people type in as the actual translation of the letters/words.

/on-topic...

need to get some more media on to this so others outside of our fans might actually vote for him. It will be nearly impossible otherwise, but still worth the efforts ;)

That's pretty interesting. The funniest code Ive had was "dirty Quebec." I guess it didnt know it being used for an NHL purpose, lol. The code itself wasnt so funny but the thought of all the Canadiens voting on that site seeing that made me chuckle.