The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
hockey1-ch1

The Best And The Worst

Breaking it down into expectations these stand out:

Currently:

Best: Staal. His resurgence was critical so there should be much rejoicing.

Hon. Mention: Whitney: just keeps putting up points.

Worst:

Brind'Amour: Sorry folks, but with Staal back there is no where else to look. And yes he has a lot of assists, but that's partly because he is involved with plays that Whitney ends up sniping in. That -26 is not a freak accident.

Eaves: never has a guy looked so good and scored so little. Hopefully the new goal will trigger improvement.

Early in the year: Samsonov, now he is also back. And Cole, now gone, but still struggling.

Better than expected/past:

Ruutu. What a great pickup. Does more than score. Very disruptive, great attitude.

Ward. I was one who pointed out his weak play last year. On balance he is significantly better this year. If we had

last year's goaltending we would be battling for the 1st draft pick.

Seidenberg. Not played much lately, but for a while was billed as the most improved player in the NHL.

Breaking it down into expectations these stand out:

Currently:

Best: Staal. His resurgence was critical so there should be much rejoicing.

Hon. Mention: Whitney: just keeps putting up points.

Worst:

Brind'Amour: Sorry folks, but with Staal back there is no where else to look. And yes he has a lot of assists, but that's partly because he is involved with plays that Whitney ends up sniping in. That -26 is not a freak accident.

Eaves: never has a guy looked so good and scored so little. Hopefully the new goal will trigger improvement.

Early in the year: Samsonov, now he is also back. And Cole, now gone, but still struggling.

Better than expected/past:

Ruutu. What a great pickup. Does more than score. Very disruptive, great attitude.

Ward. I was one who pointed out his weak play last year. On balance he is significantly better this year. If we had

last year's goaltending we would be battling for the 1st draft pick.

Seidenberg. Not played much lately, but for a while was billed as the most improved player in the NHL.

I have to agree with Brind'Amour. He is getting old and has not been scoring.

Staal... I know that he is our best player but right now I think Ruttu Or Whitney should be out best players they score more......

I get if you want to do a best/worst of the first half of the season thing, but we already have a BrindAmour and Staal thread discussing their play.

Keep it to the best/worst idea so we dont have repeat threads. Should be an interesting read.