The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Jazzowness

New Year's Eve Game

Have you gone to this in the past???? I am wanting to go and i don't know what to expect

Hahha, no...I am only 15, but I didn't have anything better to do, and wondering if they still had the age restriction.

I'm going, they know I'm 20, and didn't warn me of any restrictions. Then again, I do look older for my age...so maybe she thought I was joking...well whatever. Everyone who looks old enough should be allowed to stay...I mean one glass of champagne can't kill you haha.

I went one year, and it was so packed that you couldn't even move, let alone get to the bar. I lasted about 5 minutes before getting just disgusted and leaving. I have to really think if I would go again.

I will say this, I'm sure ALE will be out in full force that night. If you are underage drinking be careful. The establishment/bartender can get fined if they are caught giving alcohol to underage people. I used to work in a bar, so I really would hate to see the bartender/RBC Center/Canes get fined. I would suspect that they would card just about anyone that doesn't look like they are under 60 since there will probably be underaged people there.

I'm going, they know I'm 20, and didn't warn me of any restrictions. Then again, I do look older for my age...so maybe she thought I was joking...well whatever. Everyone who looks old enough should be allowed to stay...I mean one glass of champagne can't kill you haha.

Can't kill you but would get the bartender that served you a $500 fine plus a $5,000 fine to the RBC Center so I ask you this, is it worth them raising ticket prices to cover ALE fines so that you can have champagne on new years eve?

Last year they didn't run kids off but obviously they didn't serve them anything alcoholic. But like Ghouliegirl stated, it was really crowded and the crowd kept getting drunker by the minute so it wasn't particularly pleasant.

Can't kill you but would get the bartender that served you a $500 fine plus a $5,000 fine to the RBC Center so I ask you this, is it worth them raising ticket prices to cover ALE fines so that you can have champagne on new years eve?

Last year they didn't run kids off but obviously they didn't serve them anything alcoholic. But like Ghouliegirl stated, it was really crowded and the crowd kept getting drunker by the minute so it wasn't particularly pleasant.

Nope, i think we pay enough for tickets now to have them increase for unecessary fines.

You lucked out on the drunks. I had a drunk lady trying to get me to stay as I was trying to leave. :lol:

I went to one new years eve game and we were getting blown out on the scoreboard. I was so disgusted and disappointed that I left well before the party.

But like Ghouliegirl stated, it was really crowded and the crowd kept getting drunker by the minute so it wasn't particularly pleasant.

I've got a weird mind as you already know if you have read anything I post, AND I was just curious, if it was so crowded you couldn't get near the bar, how were the people getting drunker by the minute? :lol:

I've got a weird mind as you already know if you have read anything I post, AND I was just curious, if it was so crowded you couldn't get near the bar, how were the people getting drunker by the minute? :lol:

beats me, probably osmosis or contact high!! I couldn't wait for the puck to drop so I could get out of there.

I'm not sure why you hated it... I went last year and loved it. I wish I could go again this year. :(

I have been for the last few years and we love it.

you must have a higher tolerance for loud obnoxious drunks in a crowded area than me.

Caniac97...you get that during the game too. lol! I stayed last year with my then 14 yr. old and her 17 yr. old friend. We had a blast and didn't have any problems. There were a bunch of children there. I wouldn't want to stay if I had smaller children but I think teenagers are ok.

We have gone the past 2 years with several family members of all ages there. We did not stay for the drunk fest last year. Usually the ones who stayed and had fun were the drunk ones. 2 years ago it was so crowded you could not move and everyone around the dance floor was stoned drunk. We stayed down at the club level seats at the TVs just to watch the puck drop at midnight which is where most of the drunk patrons dumped their kids unattended. When we tried to get through the crowd to leave, drunk woman were trying to talk and hold my grandaughter which sent her father in a rage, they were lucky we made it through the crowd safe. Last year we just left after the game and intend to do the same this year. They should have 2 areas of partiers, one for families and one for drunks.

if you dont want to be around drunk people on new years eve then maybe you should stay home, us drunks dont like boring sobre people trying to poop on the party

I'm sorry for those that had a bad time. I don't drink and was on the dance floor the entire time so not EVERYONE on the dance floor was drunk!!! Like I mentioned earlier, I wouldn't have stayed with anyone under the age of 12 if I had to pick a limit, but I'll have my 15 yr. old and a 16 yr. old friend and we plan on staying unless something changes between now and then. I didn't have problems with anyone and I can't stand stupid acting people that don't know when to call it quits for the night. I think it's nice that the Canes do this for us and if people are just going to complain they should just leave after the game. I don't have any tolerance for adults acting like an idiot so I guess my experience hasn't been the same as others. Just my 2 cents worth. It's a call you have to make as an individual.

I'm sorry for those that had a bad time. I don't drink and was on the dance floor the entire time so not EVERYONE on the dance floor was drunk!!! Like I mentioned earlier, I wouldn't have stayed with anyone under the age of 12 if I had to pick a limit, but I'll have my 15 yr. old and a 16 yr. old friend and we plan on staying unless something changes between now and then. I didn't have problems with anyone and I can't stand stupid acting people that don't know when to call it quits for the night. I think it's nice that the Canes do this for us and if people are just going to complain they should just leave after the game. I don't have any tolerance for adults acting like an idiot so I guess my experience hasn't been the same as others. Just my 2 cents worth. It's a call you have to make as an individual.

BOOM!

Hmmm, I thought the Canes organization prided itself on being a "family oriented" organization. I guess not on New Years. I don't advise anyone with children to go to this event unless your one who leaves your kids down below at the club level TV seats to fend for themselves so you can drink and dance the night away. We kept about 6 stranger kids ages 6-8 with our group to keep them safe (it's a good thing we we were not sex offenders because as far as their parent's knew we could have been) and we enjoyed having them around our family. There were about 20 kids under the age of 12 left alone. The group we kept around us parent's didn't show up to get them around 1:00am, they didn't even come down at midnight to tell them happy new year. I still think it's a shame their is not a family section for parents and children.

The Fireantz in Fayetteville have a dedicated sitting section at every game for non-alchohol fans which is where most people sit with their children and it's always full.

Hmmm, I thought the Canes organization prided itself on being a "family oriented" organization. I guess not on New Years. I don't advise anyone with children to go to this event unless your one who leaves your kids down below at the club level TV seats to fend for themselves so you can drink and dance the night away. We kept about 6 stranger kids ages 6-8 with our group to keep them safe (it's a good thing we we were not sex offenders because as far as their parent's knew we could have been) and we enjoyed having them around our family. There were about 20 kids under the age of 12 left alone. The group we kept around us parent's didn't show up to get them around 1:00am, they didn't even come down at midnight to tell them happy new year. I still think it's a shame their is not a family section for parents and children.

The Fireantz in Fayetteville have a dedicated sitting section at every game for non-alchohol fans which is where most people sit with their children and it's always full.

That is just wrong wrong wrong!!! My daughter and her friend last year that was almost 18 didn't even leave my side the entire time. If I went to the restroom they went also. We danced in a huddle the entire time. There was little kid's around 10 maybe dancing with their mom right beside us. never saw them leave the children. What can I say, It's a lot of people and I'm sure that everyone doesn't see all that goes on. I'm the type that doesn't even let her 12 and 15 yr. old ride bikes alone in the neighborhood so I don't approve of this type of behavior and think that these parents don't deserve to be a parent. next time they should leave them at home with a caregiver if they're just going to put them in the hands of a complete stranger. Luckily you were there for them like you stated. There are too many shady people out there to do this type of thing even at the RBC.