The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
sandpiper214

Pat Dwyer Recalled to Carolina

anybody else notice on the front page of CH. com it says:

"Hurricanes Recall Dwyer

After Patrick Eaves was injured on Friday night, the Hurricanes recalled winger Patrick Eaves to take his place Saturday at Tampa"

anybody else notice on the front page of CH. com it says:

"Hurricanes Recall Dwyer

After Patrick Eaves was injured on Friday night, the Hurricanes recalled winger Patrick Eaves to take his place Saturday at Tampa"

I also noticed this

:blink:

I personally would love to see Dwyer do really well so maybe Eaves will play better because he's got a bit of pressure for his job.

I think Eaves has been playing really well already. Dwyer was brought up to replace him because he is injured.

I think Eaves has been playing really well already. Dwyer was brought up to replace him because he is injured.

Yeah, but....I think the point is he's injured...again...and again. Salary dumps are now a high commodity.

Why recall someone to play on the 4th line when you have Brookbank already with the team? Whats the use paying him if you never play him?

Because Brookbank is useless as a hockey player and barely useful as an enforcer. Eaves played on the PK, so does Dwyer. Playing Brookbank is like giving the opposing team a powerplay as long as he's on the ice.

Yeah, but....I think the point is he's injured...again...and again. Salary dumps are now a high commodity.

In a league where Sean Avery makes $4 million a year, $1.4 million for Eaves is a bargain. You have the potential that he may find his goal-scoring touch once more, and even if he doesn't you still have a hard-working player in the mold of LaRose or Walker.

In a league where Sean Avery makes $4 million a year, $1.4 million for Eaves is a bargain. You have the potential that he may find his goal-scoring touch once more, and even if he doesn't you still have a hard-working player in the mold of LaRose or Walker.

Sorry, that's insane...take off the blinders.

Sorry, that's insane...take off the blinders.

If your plan is to "dump salary", you look at players like Brind'Amour ($3.6 million), Kaberle ($2.2 million), or Walker ($2.5 million). You don't "dump" a 24-year-old forward signed for three years at a bargain price.

Dwyer went back down today...either Eaves is fixed up and ready or they are going to dress Broobank against the Devils. Brookbank to play against the Devils would be a smart move, considering Clarkson...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=401980''>http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=401980' target="_blank">http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=401980[/post]

I dont think Eaves is ready and they're being very quiet about his injury. I think you're right about Brookbank dressing or maybe even dressing 7 dmen.

If your plan is to "dump salary", you look at players like Brind'Amour ($3.6 million), Kaberle ($2.2 million), or Walker ($2.5 million). You don't "dump" a 24-year-old forward signed for three years at a bargain price.

Insane Joe.