The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
SkinnerChickenDinner

Staal makes All-Star team

No surprise there....was really hoping Ward would get in, but guess it was a bit of a stretch, maybe he'll make the all-star ballot next year though :lol:

Despite how Cams doin now, he woulda had to start this way to get in.

We coulda easily seen Manny and Tim being the first pair of goalies from the same to get in, both are doing fantastic this year. It's sad with Manny though, he was a really top notch goaltender and if he hadn't been with the Wild while they struggled with their expansion building period I think he woulda had some amazing career numbers with some other team.

Easy call for him. Good job Eric. Plus I dont think they would leave the reigning all star MVP off the team.

The only other person I thought had been playing well this year and deserved a shot was Nick. His injury might have cost him a chance. Plus, the other D-Men on the roster are very good.

Plus I dont think they would leave the reigning all star MVP off the team.

Sadly this is 100% correct.

Last year should have nothing to do with this year, but it does.

The All-Star Rosters are a joke once again this year as proved by the starters for the team. The entire east starters are form the 4th and 9th place teams and the west is from the 4th and 6th place teams.

Silly silly silly....

Would've gone with Whitney or Ward, but Staal's picked up the pace of late.

The rosters are, for the most part, embarrassing. Elaborating on that, someone with Giguere's stats (T-23rd in sv%, 36th in GAA, T-14th in wins) shouldn't even be on the ballot (although he does have a reason for slumping with his father's passing and his sick kid and all), and Luongo hasn't played enough games as far as I'm concerned. Haven't paid as much attention to the rest of the league thanks to AP European history to say much else.

League needs to revise the voting system, and fast.

The interesting thing would have been if Staal had remained in his funk. Would they have picked him despite that?

With his resurgence he is the obvious choice. Would have been nice to get one more.

The interesting thing would have been if Staal had remained in his funk. Would they have picked him despite that?

Hrmph - not sure. That would be a good google search to see if it has ever been done in previous years.

Hey, at least its one of our players.

Cam really did deserve the goalie allstar!...rather then Price, yes i get the game will be in his hometown,but its ruining the whole ""allstar" part.

Congrats Staal!