The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
romansperson

FSN broadcasts?

All but the 2 Leafs games, and 1 NJ game are televised on FSN-CR

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/team/app?service=page&page=TeamSchedule' target="_blank">http://hurricanes.nhl.com/team/app?service...ge=TeamSchedule[/post]

I'm aware of what the schedule *says*, but my reality here in the last week or so has been different - never had a problem like this before.

You're right, the last two games weren't broadcasted on my FSS channel (I have DirectTV too), even though they both were carried by FS-Carolinas. Luckily, I have Center Ice, and the feed was available there (from FS-Carolinas). I have no idea why though the actual channel didn't have the games.

So good question!

DirecTV does carry the Canes broadcasts but has a tendency to move them around a bit. Just press the "Guide" button on your remote to bring the the "Sports" Menu. You will need to scroll through the selections to find the Canes channel

DirecTV does carry the Canes broadcasts but has a tendency to move them around a bit. Just press the "Guide" button on your remote to bring the the "Sports" Menu. You will need to scroll through the selections to find the Canes channel

I guess I'll have to check right before the beginning of the games. I like to set my DVR to record them ahead of time (especially right now as the hub wants to watch some of the college bowl games, and we've got college basketball to contend with as well), and FSN is *incredibly* frustrating in this regard - I see a game in the guide a week before, set it to record, and *poof,* a couple days later it disappears and I have to set it again a day or two before because FSN has decided to make some some mysterious change which I cannot discern at my level. I don't have this issue with any other channel/network. Right now I'm not seeing any of the games being broadcast live in the guide - just rebroadcasts. Which doesn't work well for us - the hub usually informs me of the score well before I have an opportunity to watch a rebroadcast. :rolleyes:

If you have the same channel listing we have for direct tv, the last game was on 645 instead of the typical 647. Thats the best I can offer. If you still don't see it, call direct.

If you have the same channel listing we have for direct tv, the last game was on 645 instead of the typical 647. Thats the best I can offer. If you still don't see it, call direct.

HRM. That channel shows up as broadcasting some of the Canes games, but when I've tried to actually view that channel I get one of those black screens with the 'call customer service' message on it. I think I will be calling ...

HRM. That channel shows up as broadcasting some of the Canes games, but when I've tried to actually view that channel I get one of those black screens with the 'call customer service' message on it. I think I will be calling ...

You can also email Mike Sundheim in the front office with the question. I think either him or Kyle are the contacts for FSN.

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/team/app?service=page&page=NHLPage&bcid=radD7118' target="_blank">http://hurricanes.nhl.com/team/app?service...p;bcid=radD7118[/post]

or:

kyleh@carolinahurricanes.com (Kyle Hannan)

mikes@carolinahurricanes.com (Mike Sundheim)

We've noticed a good number of times that they change things/set them up for good the day of the game, which sucks for planning the DVR. I found that (in my last search in this situation) that you can't really see it on the online guide on the website when you are signed in looking at your listing. I was trying to set the DVR while away from home and found the guide would not go more than 1.5 hours ahead of the current time.

We've noticed a good number of times that they change things/set them up for good the day of the game, which sucks for planning the DVR. I found that (in my last search in this situation) that you can't really see it on the online guide on the website when you are signed in looking at your listing. I was trying to set the DVR while away from home and found the guide would not go more than 1.5 hours ahead of the current time.

How odd...it had always been 647 for me up until these last two games...when I couldn't find the FS-Carolinas feed at all (again, except for CI).

You can also email Mike Sundheim in the front office with the question. I think either him or Kyle are the contacts for FSN.

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/team/app?service=page&page=NHLPage&bcid=radD7118' target="_blank">http://hurricanes.nhl.com/team/app?service...p;bcid=radD7118[/post]

or:

kyleh@carolinahurricanes.com (Kyle Hannan)

mikes@carolinahurricanes.com (Mike Sundheim)

Thanks for this. Hopefully I'll be able to work something out!

i have dish and they normally show the games on 447 with an alternate HD feed, the last two games have been in HD on 9516. I really hate TW but at least they were easier to figure out.

i have dish and they normally show the games on 447 with an alternate HD feed, the last two games have been in HD on 9516. I really hate TW but at least they were easier to figure out.
Yeah, almost bizarre to find some aspect where TW Cable seems superior? :blink:

I was getting frustrated until I saw that Direct TV now has it's own FS Carolina channel (FS-CR). Channel 645. You can catch all the games there. I was just happy to finally have a game in HD with the Tampa game. It used to be 647, but it changed. Why, I couldn't even begin to tell you.

For Directv, I set up a keyword wishlist for "HURRICANES". 9 times out of 10 it will record the game on a channel that I receive, whatever channel that may be for the particular game. Sometimes it will record NHLCI if the game is not on a channel I normally get. In fact, I cannot remember a time it did not record if the game was televised in my area.

The benefit of this wishlist is that you also will get Hurricanes related content on NHLN. So far I have the HD broadcast of ECF game 7 and SCF game 7, both which were pleasant surprises.

The downside is that you will get some Weather Channel/Discovery/etc content on hurricanes.

I get that message frequently..most the time it is because the feed will not start until the start time of the program. Other times I just press the "little red button" on the receiver to restart the dish. If these things don't solve the problem call customer service and the rep will download new software for you.

For Directv, I set up a keyword wishlist for "HURRICANES". 9 times out of 10 it will record the game on a channel that I receive, whatever channel that may be for the particular game. Sometimes it will record NHLCI if the game is not on a channel I normally get. In fact, I cannot remember a time it did not record if the game was televised in my area.

The benefit of this wishlist is that you also will get Hurricanes related content on NHLN. So far I have the HD broadcast of ECF game 7 and SCF game 7, both which were pleasant surprises.

The downside is that you will get some Weather Channel/Discovery/etc content on hurricanes.

Only a downside if those hurricanes (the weather kind) are heading in our direction ;)

interesting info.

I am getting annoyed with Time Warner, but not it looks like DirectTV has its share of mess

I was fine with TWC until I wanted HD. DirecTV is far better and gives a lot more HD. Last season TWC did not carry a single Center Ice game in HD. With DirecTV, I'd say most games have an HD option.

I too have noticed that the channel for FSN, or FSN-CA, or FSS (not clear on the diffence between all these) does change, but for me its not a problem as I usually don't set my DVR until the day of the game.

I believe DirecTV moved their Hurricanes broadcast from FSS (which is Fox Sports South) to FS-CR (which is Fox Sports- Carolina Region) to make things more regional.

They made the move during the Dec. 31st game vs. the Thrashers. (which I messed up and recorded a blank channel- 647).

I get that message frequently..most the time it is because the feed will not start until the start time of the program.

I guess this was the issue - I just don't get anything on that channel until the start time of the game. Once the game starts, there it is. I've been able to watch the last couple games on 645. There's a new odd thing going on, though - the picture is so large that I cannot see the score at the top - it bleeds off the top of the screen. I've got an HDTV with the 16:9 aspect. The picture more than fills it, even though the broadcast is obviously still SD. I've tried changing the viewing aspect on the TV from 16:9 to 4:3, but it doesn't make any difference. The sides of the picture come in, but the height it still off and still cuts off the score box at the top. I have to wait for Forslund to announce the latest score. Weird.

I have Direct TV and the games are fine. They moved to 645 but that is no big deal. In the past 6 to 8 years, the move around somewhat depending on many factors. One thing to remember about Direct TV. Every once in a while, you need to cut the power off to your TV to reboot the system. Turning off the unit or TV does not do that. Need to cut the power off.

For the game today, I could not get the game on 645 or Center Ice. I cut the power off for 5 seconds and plugged it back in and turned on the TV and the game was on. Just remember to reboot.