The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
kgcaniac

Carolina Panthers!?

lol, that's the media for you - fails to properly recognize the Carolina teams. But, like you said, being the media flagship-namesake of the league, you would think they would know better.

"Ahh, close enough, no body is going to watch it anyway... That's a cut and a wrap!" - Video Producer

We went to a game in Tampa Bay in 2007. Before the game the arena announcer made a general announcement. This isn't verbatim (too long ago to remember that) but the gist of it is there: "Welcome to the game blah blah blah Tampa Bay vs the Carolina Panthers." We were walking up the aisle from watching the warmups next to the glass when they made the announcement and one of the TB fans looked at us and said he thought the announcer was at the wrong game. :blink:

I'm watching "The Captains Driven" on NHL network (during intermission) and they are interviewing Staal about Brindy and had on his title "Eric Staal Carolina Panthers". Mo's title was right, I dunno just a little peeved by this since it is an NHL show eh?

You guys need to have some mercy. It's hard enough keeping up with the UNC Wolfpack and the NC State Tarheels without being expected to keep up with the Florida Hurricanes, too.

There was a posting on Ebay for tix to see the Maple Leafs play the Carolina Panthers.

I emailed the guy who listed them and asked the guy if this was the first time that an NFL team was participating in a game or if the Maple Leafs do this on a regular basis like the Winter Classic.

Apparently it was nothing of the sort and it was just them playing the Hurricanes. :lol:

Though it would be humorous to see a hockey team play the Carolina Panthers...

After the way the Panthers played yesterday in the playoffs, I think the Hurricanes could take them.

Delhomme drops back to pass....sees Smith wide open.....picked off by LaRose.....he...could..go...all...the...WAAAAYYYY !!!!

I say we make things really interesting, play a football game, ON ICE.

Staal tucks the ball and slide for the first down... and still sliding.... still sliding... still sliding... in the empty net!!! Goooooaaaalllll I mean Touchdown!!!!!

If we still had Grahame on the team, he probably couldnt even pick off a Delhomme pass. :lol:

I knew it was gonna be Johnny's fault. The more things change the more they stay the same! <_<