The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
ynotagain

The next changes needed ...

Find a new home for Eric Staal and his huge, unjustified salary. I'm getting sick showing up at the RBC Center and watching him lolly gag around the ice, reach instead of skate hard for pucks and be generally a non-factor. JR has made a huge mistake giving this guy a long term, high dollar contract. I honestly question his heart and desire.

Find a new home for Eric Staal and his huge, unjustified salary. I'm getting sick showing up at the RBC Center and watching him lolly gag around the ice, reach instead of skate hard for pucks and be generally a non-factor. JR has made a huge mistake giving this guy a long term, high dollar contract. I honestly question his heart and desire.

Staal is holding back. I'm sick of his play but I can excuse his play more than Brindy. Please would someone write a letter to JR and tell him that it is Brindy not the coach or Staal? He is killing our chances and pains me to watch him play.

TRADE BRINDY!!!

I was thinking we could have had a trade be better for this team than firing our coach. Specially what's worse is that they bring back freaking Maurice. They should have made some changes up in the front office to. Maybe JR would be better in Toronto after all lol.

Staal is holding back. I'm sick of his play but I can excuse his play more than Brindy. Please would someone write a letter to JR and tell him that it is Brindy not the coach or Staal? He is killing our chances and pains me to watch him play.

TRADE BRINDY!!!

Really? What would we get in exchange? Another team's detritus? I hear there' a new opening in the front office now that Francis is working behind the bench. Isn't it time to move Brindy gracefully upstairs?

TRADE BRINDY!!!

HAHAHA, Staal is a suposed superstar in his early 20's making a boat load of bread that has a problem showing an work ethic on the ice. Brind'Amore is an old man coming off 2 knee surgeries. If you expect anything more than what you are seeing from Rod at this point your expectations are skewed. Staal should be held accountable for looking like he doesn't care.

I think we should trade Rod for a future draft choice and trade Witney for another young player for starters. Time to dismantle it and start from scratch. The band-aid approach is simply not working. We don't have the funds to build like the Wings.

I know last year JR said that no one on this team except Staal & Ward are safe, maybe that needs to change as well. I don't think anyone on this team should feel or be safe. ( hate those no trade clauses ). :angry:

Can you say fire sale?

I know last year JR said that no one on this team except Staal & Ward are safe, maybe that needs to change as well. I don't think anyone on this team should feel or be safe. ( hate those no trade clauses ). :angry:

Can you say fire sale?

Only Whitney, Walker and Wallin have NTC's. Is it one (or more) of them or someone else you want to trade?

I think Wallin has earned his stripes this year and only has one year left and Walker comes to play every shift when he's not injured. That leaves Whitney who has played on the dismal second line ALL season long...nuff said.

#22 is a waste of space out there. Until we get Gleason and Sied's back please send #22 down and bring up Conboy or anybody.

This team is currently playing up to the ability of their Captain, which is not a good position. Minus 20 as of tonight. Ouch !

Being -20, the captain can't push anyone else to excel when he's not. Rod ... it's time for you to take the ultimate leadership position ... if you can't perform up to the level required (and the level you require of yourself ) then it's time to step aside. Maybe it's a few weeks of IR or maybe it's time to retire. You decide, but you can't keep playing as you did tonight and as you have this season.

AMEN!!!

I agree but I also know Staal has it in him to be that force player in the NHL, but whats it gonna take for him to play the way he can???

Really? What would we get in exchange? Another team's detritus? I hear there' a new opening in the front office now that Francis is working behind the bench. Isn't it time to move Brindy gracefully upstairs?

True, proabably wouldn't get much from a banged up old guy, but why not throw him in a pot with Pitkanen and BEG LIKE H### for Erik Cole back.

Only Whitney, Walker and Wallin have NTC's. Is it one (or more) of them or someone else you want to trade?

I think Wallin has earned his stripes this year and only has one year left and Walker comes to play every shift when he's not injured. That leaves Whitney who has played on the dismal second line ALL season long...nuff said.

No not really saying i want to trade anyone, but i don't like it that ALL these guys (entire team with a few exception)feel SAFE and that to me is how they are playing . Wallin is playing better than i have ever seen him play. Walker,well what can you say, Scotty is Scotty and he is 1 of the few exceptions, Now Whitney, to me isn't doing much this year IMO. Like Ronnie said the other day "these guys are paid to play". And to me most of them are being way over paid for the play they are giving! So maybe if they feel that they aren't as "SAFE" as they think they are ,they will play to stay!

I agree but I also know Staal has it in him to be that force player in the NHL, but whats it gonna take for him to play the way he can???

Staal is a player that feeds off of someone else's offence. He might be the best in the league at it. He needs one tough power wing and a creative wing that draws d'men off him. Rutuu fits the bill, Samsonov is creative, but not feared at this point, so to answer your question, it will take JR spending some scratch on a top flight winger. He needs a Hossa/ Heatly/ OV type wing.

I don't think anyone is happy with the play of Staal including himself. But the idea of wanting to get rid of Staal is absolutely ridiculous. Staal has been the most consistent player year in and year out since Francis. He never is injured, he plays in every situation, every year he gets better as a defender and he is going to be the best player when said in done in the organizations history. As soon as Staal starts putting the puck in the back of the net again and the team starts winning again everybody will jump back on the band wagon. You can save this post because the team will win again and Staal will get hot.

If we want to make changes we might want to look at our Captain. As much as I love Brindy and respect what he has done for this franchise I don't think he is the right fit for where the team is going in the future. Last year we played our best hockey when he was hurt and this year with him in the line up we are not very good. We could get very good prospect for him and save some money on the cap to improve the team in other areas. I think it's time to start giving Sutter more minutes and start building towards the future. There are a ton of contenders that would love to have a proven winner like Brindy.

This stat says it all

Staal +8

Brindamore -20

Staal has been the most consistent player year in and year out since Francis. He never is injured

Actually, I think this is the issue - that he is injured and trying to play through it. I saw a post here (or possibly on another board) where the poster mentioned seeing him at Skate with the Canes and noticed that his shoulder was still all wrapped up. If that's the case, I wish he would take the time to heal fully and come back more effective. Go on and miss a few games Eric - we won't hold it against you!

Get Cole back here fast. Prayers for no more injuries. Murphy as back up as soon as he's eligible.

Cole has worse numbers than Pitkanen so I say no to that, he has been a bust for Edmonton. Brindy needs to be traded or stripped of the "C" - his choice. When he was down with an injury, Staal woke up and carried the team even with AHL talent. We missed the playoffs because JR found it necessary to put veteran's back in instead of the guys that got them there.

Actually, I think this is the issue - that he is injured and trying to play through it. I saw a post here (or possibly on another board) where the poster mentioned seeing him at Skate with the Canes and noticed that his shoulder was still all wrapped up. If that's the case, I wish he would take the time to heal fully and come back more effective. Go on and miss a few games Eric - we won't hold it against you!

I guess that explains why he doesnt backcheck, his shoulders hurt

If Brindy's really untradeable, is there a way he could just gracefully retire? How would that work in regards to our salary cap, considering that his contract runs for 2 more years after this 1?

The other 3 that would make sense to trade are the ones w/ NTCs - Wallin, Walker, Whitney. I mean, they would have some value, altho we couldn't shop them as rentals since none of them are in the last year of their contracts. Now I am 1 of those that believe that NTC really means "I want to have a choice of when I get traded and to what team" more than "I never ever ever want to get traded, period!", but it's really on a case by case basis. For example, I don't see Wallin lifting his NTC, however Walker and Whitney may, under the right circumstances.

Another 1 we could trade is Cullen. He has SCF experience, and that's always valuable to a playoff contender. I know he plays well, and if we traded him and Brindy, we'd be very lean on the center position (I don't think Sutter is ready to be a #2 center just yet). But as that old saying goes - you have to give up something to get something in return.

Kaberle may be another trade bait, maybe we could get a 3rd round pick or a young energy player or enforcer for him.

Sadly, the ones that may get traded are the new fan favorites - Ruutu, Seidenberg, Bayda, even Larose. They are all in their last year of their contracts, and will be UFA or RFA come next July. Some of them may not want to stay here, or they may want too much $ for PK/JR budget (Ruutu and Seidenberg mainly, they almost went to arbitration last summer, Larose as well).

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/team/app/?servic...rticleid=396363

Well ... that might help a little bit. Send down Melichar (why was he playing in the NHL anyway??) and bring up Borer and Conboy to add some *gasp* TEAM TOUGHNESS!

Hopefully coach can get some lines straightened out for tomorrow's game ... I certainly noticed a lot of juggling of lines during the game last night, which can't add up to team chemistry.

GO CANES!!!

Whitney is one of the few 'skilled' players on this team that actually looks like he's trying. Oh and last I checked, he's leading the team in points.

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=396363' target="_blank">http://hurricanes.nhl.com/team/app/?servic...rticleid=396363[/post]

Well ... that might help a little bit. Send down Melichar (why was he playing in the NHL anyway??) and bring up Borer and Conboy to add some *gasp* TEAM TOUGHNESS!

Hopefully coach can get some lines straightened out for tomorrow's game ... I certainly noticed a lot of juggling of lines during the game last night, which can't add up to team chemistry.

GO CANES!!!

I agree with sending down Melichar but not so sure about Dwyer, he played like he wanted to stay!!

Great move today, we definitely need more grit and toughness, so I'm looking forward to seeing Conboy back. And Dwyer will be one of the first people to be recalled if needed.

And TF that they finally decided to send Melichar down. He was a total disaster in the last 2 games, and directly responsible for goals we allowed in both of those games (1st goal of the Ducks, and 2nd of the Penguins) with his brutal turnovers. Borer needs to play here. If we do bomb and manage to gut the team and start rebuilding, he needs to be an active part of that rebuilding IMO.