The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
katy

Carolina has placed Frantisek Kaberle on waivers. - TSN

If I were JR, I would just take just a 7th round pick from any of the 30 teams for Kabs! Vancouver got a bad Jason LaBarbera for that price from LA late yesterday, I think Kabby is worth at least that much! Who knows, maybe that seventh rounder turns out to be the next, Zetterberg, or Franzen! GO 'CANES!!!

Why would anybody give anything for Kabs when they could have picked him up yesterday for just his contract. J.R. has let the league know that this guy is available for nothing and all they have to do is pick up the phone and call.

Someone please help me understand the waiver better. I know if someone picked him up we would have been on the hook for half his salary right? No one did so how has it helped us?

Someone please help me understand the waiver better. I know if someone picked him up we would have been on the hook for half his salary right? No one did so how has it helped us?

As I understand it, when a player is placed on waivers each team in the league has an opportunity to claim the player for his full salary and the team losing the player is free of the salary hit. This goes by record with the worst team getting the first chance and so forth. If the player clears waivers (no team claims him) he can be sent down to play in a lower level of team affiliated with the organization. If the player is recalled to the big team, he has to go through re-entry waivers and teams can claim him at 1/2 of his salary and the team losing the player is on the hook for the other 1/2 of the salary.

Either this has cleared it up for you or I'm wrong and somebody else will chime in.

If I were JR, I would just take just a 7th round pick from any of the 30 teams for Kabs! Vancouver got a bad Jason LaBarbera for that price from LA late yesterday, I think Kabby is worth at least that much! Who knows, maybe that seventh rounder turns out to be the next, Zetterberg, or Franzen! GO 'CANES!!!

You forget, some team has to want Kabs. JR can't just go to a team and demand their 7th round then leave Kabs on the doorstep. After not being claimed off waivers yesterday it is obvious that no other team wants him for free.

we would have been on the hook for NONE of his salary but if he is placed on "re-entry" waivers then we get stuck with half.

Maybe if someone picks him up at some point the Canes will get a bunch of those big foam fingers but a complete hand(with all 5 fingers instead of just 1)& we can all wave bye bye to #5 with all 5 fingers! The salute him with all 5 fingers or maybe just one.(i'll let you pick which one). B)

As I understand it, when a player is placed on waivers each team in the league has an opportunity to claim the player for his full salary and the team losing the player is free of the salary hit. This goes by record with the worst team getting the first chance and so forth. If the player clears waivers (no team claims him) he can be sent down to play in a lower level of team affiliated with the organization. If the player is recalled to the big team, he has to go through re-entry waivers and teams can claim him at 1/2 of his salary and the team losing the player is on the hook for the other 1/2 of the salary.

Either this has cleared it up for you or I'm wrong and somebody else will chime in.

I guess this begs the question, would JR consider sending Kabs down, just to see if someone will pick him up for 1/2 his salary? Keep lowering the price kind of thing. Of course that makes it less appealing for us as well. Given our almost assured injuries it is probably worth keeping him around as long as we are in the hunt.

Maybe if someone picks him up at some point the Canes will get a bunch of those big foam fingers but a complete hand(with all 5 fingers instead of just 1)& we can all wave bye bye to #5 with all 5 fingers! The salute him with all 5 fingers or maybe just one.(i'll let you pick which one). B)

dude...thats cold. I LOVE IT! :lol:

With the most improved play of Babs, and Nick returning, I think old Frankie will be on the bench the rest of the season. The only way I see him playing is if there is an injury.

AS we used to say in middle school "So sad, so glad, bye bye".

I assume that this is said with an attempt at humor, but honestly, this kind of cheap-shot disrespect for a player of any skill level fundamentally upsets me. Kaberle isn't playing all the badly now. The guy gave up his body and played thru injury in the Cup run and to top it off, he hit the game winner in game 7 of the finals. Without Kaberle's goal, none of us would enjoy the bragging rights we enjoyed during the cup year. I don't know if the rest of you are laughing at the ridicule piled on Kaberle, but I for one am disgusted and embarrassed by it. It would be a just fate if we NEVER moved Kaberle. :angry:

I couldnt have said it better myself, and good for you for posting this, well done!! Game 7, he scored the first goal, which ended up what we won by! He has played well for us, come on cut him some slack.

I assume that this is said with an attempt at humor, but honestly, this kind of cheap-shot disrespect for a player of any skill level fundamentally upsets me. Kaberle isn't playing all the badly now. The guy gave up his body and played thru injury in the Cup run and to top it off, he hit the game winner in game 7 of the finals. Without Kaberle's goal, none of us would enjoy the bragging rights we enjoyed during the cup year. I don't know if the rest of you are laughing at the ridicule piled on Kaberle, but I for one am disgusted and embarrassed by it. It would be a just fate if we NEVER moved Kaberle. :angry:

Unfortunatly, what he did for us three seasons ago means nothing today. Everyone on here complains that this team should be going to the cup. maybe it is time to get rid of guys that we have been holding on to for "old time sake".

Yes, he had the game winning goal. What else has he done? That is all I have ever heard anyone say. He got a big contract with us for that one shot, and that one shot only. They expected him to be an offensive machine but he has never turned out to be anything. His D is average at best and his O is poor.

He will always hold a place in all of our hearts for being on the cup team. But come on, we can not hold onto a guy becasue he had one goal in Canes history.

What I think is funny is everyone is willing to throw Rod under the bus becasue he has had a down season. Everyone is willing to give Kabs a pass on injury but no one is wiling to give our Captain any pass on his numerous surgeries and playing hurt while Kabs sat in a press box. Rod has done nothing but win in his career, won Selky (sp) trophies, and lead us single handedly to the CUP. WIthout Rod, we would not have been there. Or Cam, or the whole team for that matter. Not Kabs. SHow some respect to Rod who has done nothing but put his life on the ice for us.

Don't you think it is a sign that someone (some team) did not pick him up....if he was so good?

Unfortunatly, what he did for us three seasons ago means nothing today. Everyone on here complains that this team should be going to the cup. maybe it is time to get rid of guys that we have been holding on to for "old time sake".

Yes, he had the game winning goal. What else has he done? That is all I have ever heard anyone say. He got a big contract with us for that one shot, and that one shot only. They expected him to be an offensive machine but he has never turned out to be anything. His D is average at best and his O is poor.

He will always hold a place in all of our hearts for being on the cup team. But come on, we can not hold onto a guy becasue he had one goal in Canes history.

What I think is funny is everyone is willing to throw Rod under the bus becasue he has had a down season. Everyone is willing to give Kabs a pass on injury but no one is wiling to give our Captain any pass on his numerous surgeries and playing hurt while Kabs sat in a press box. Rod has done nothing but win in his career, won Selky (sp) trophies, and lead us single handedly to the CUP. WIthout Rod, we would not have been there. Or Cam, or the whole team for that matter. Not Kabs. SHow some respect to Rod who has done nothing but put his life on the ice for us.

Don't you think it is a sign that someone (some team) did not pick him up....if he was so good?

My post wasn't an argument for keeping Kaberle, my post as an argument for saving the ridicule -- perhaps for your own job performance. "I assume that this is said with an attempt at humor, but honestly, this kind of cheap-shot disrespect for a player of any skill level fundamentally upsets me." Please don't insult my intelligence by trying to pass off what dj had to say as bonafide critique of Kaberle's value. It was the kind of comment that could get you a long-neck broken on your head in some places I've been.

I did not say anything about you HUBBY. I just pointed out that it is funny that people come to Frankies back but no one comes to our Captains back. Who has done more for the organization then Frank will ever do.

Relax. My comments were not aimed at you. GROUP HUG?!?

My post wasn't an argument for keeping Kaberle, my post as an argument for saving the ridicule -- perhaps for your own job performance. "I assume that this is said with an attempt at humor, but honestly, this kind of cheap-shot disrespect for a player of any skill level fundamentally upsets me." Please don't insult my intelligence by trying to pass off what dj had to say as bonafide critique of Kaberle's value. It was the kind of comment that could get you a long-neck broken on your head in some places I've been.

So is that a threat at me Hubby???I guess you shouldn't read my posts about Kabs if it hurts your feelings! Everyone here knows i can't stand him and if i want to criticize him (some more) i will!

I am sick of everyone Kissing Kabs rear end because of 1 goal..

So is that a threat at me Hubby???I guess you shouldn't read my posts about Kabs if it hurts your feelings! Everyone here knows i can't stand him and if i want to criticize him (some more) i will!

I am sick of everyone Kissing Kabs rear end because of 1 goal..

It's true that he is not your favorite, but I have to agree with you here. What he did for us in the past is appreciated, but that was then. Just ask Cole about that. He was not picked up by any other team, so from this I conclude one of two things.

1. His contract is not correct for his performance.

2. His performance since the Cup team is lacking all around.

I would think, if he was sent down, and then put on re-entry, we would see if he is worth at least half of what he is getting paid.

If no one were to claim him then, to me the answer is clear. My $0.02 ;)

I don't mind djharley, or anyone else, criticizing Kabs. I don't think dj's comment was off-color at all...it was a joke, with some strong meaning behind it...and I tend to agree with him.

I think the main reason no one picked him up is because it is crystal clear (or should be) to anyone watching that Kaberle is terrified to be out there. Just watch him tonight....when he has the puck, and is about to get hit...he flinches and just plays "hot potato" with the puck. Sure, players should avoid hits as often as they can...but its hockey, and you're bound to take a hit. There comes a point in crucial games where you have to protect the puck and take a hit. Kaberle will not do that. He will give the puck up and jump out of the way rather than take a hit. It happens repeatedly every game. When a player takes a big hit or gets an injury...everyone speaks to the mental aspect..."will he be able to return mentally?" I don't know that Kaberle has done so from his injuries. He looks afraid to me.

So, someone can say that's me ridiculing Kabs...go ahead. Its my viewpoint and watch a game or two and tell me I'm wrong about how he plays.

I don't mind djharley, or anyone else, criticizing Kabs. I don't think dj's comment was off-color at all...it was a joke, with some strong meaning behind it...and I tend to agree with him.

I think the main reason no one picked him up is because it is crystal clear (or should be) to anyone watching that Kaberle is terrified to be out there. Just watch him tonight....when he has the puck, and is about to get hit...he flinches and just plays "hot potato" with the puck. Sure, players should avoid hits as often as they can...but its hockey, and you're bound to take a hit. There comes a point in crucial games where you have to protect the puck and take a hit. Kaberle will not do that. He will give the puck up and jump out of the way rather than take a hit. It happens repeatedly every game. When a player takes a big hit or gets an injury...everyone speaks to the mental aspect..."will he be able to return mentally?" I don't know that Kaberle has done so from his injuries. He looks afraid to me.

So, someone can say that's me ridiculing Kabs...go ahead. Its my viewpoint and watch a game or two and tell me I'm wrong about how he plays.

Thank you "YES ITS ME" it was sarcastic & joking but at the same time it is how i feel and have felt for years. But with that said, a little sarcasm and lite hearted posts got a big aray of responses all the way to someone saying its "cold" to i should be "taking a long neck to the back of my head" or something like that. I am just tired of people making excuses for his play or lack there of and alot of people get mad at me for "MY OPINIONS" but at least all my hard work has not been for nothing! People are starting to see that he is hurting the team and thats all i am talking about. He may be the nicest guy in the world but thats not what this is about. ;)

He needs to go,,he has played horrible since Timmy went down...He brings absolutly nothing to the team,,,,I am starting a petition for Wade to start playing . He can't do any worse and he will at least bring some physicality to this lifeless team!!!Sorry if offend any of you with this-----FRANK SUCKS,,PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!