Samsonov Staal Ruutu

Whitney Cullen Walker

Larose Brind'Amour Williams

Bayda Sutter Eaves

Defense (there are only three pairings):

Gleason Pitkanen

Wallin Seidenberg

Babs Corvo

Williams should be on the second or first lines when he's back to 100%. If Rod doesn't get better on the third line then he should move to the fourth or should be bought out.

Samsonov Staal Ruutu

Whitney Cullen Williams

LaRose Brindy Walker

Bayda Sutter Eaves

Gleason Pitkanen

Sieds Corvo

Kabs Walin (if healthy)

Babchuk = healthy scratch

This year Kabs has been way better than Anton who has been shaky on the puck and looking to panic pass each time he touches it. I guess I was the only one that noticed 3 goals last night came from where Anton was? Kabs is much more positionaly solid and puts the puck on the tape passing this year. I am amazed as shakey as Anton has looked in person why Mo is giving him the TOI over Frank.

Doing my lineups it was a tough call keeping Rod on the third line.

My TOI:

First Line: 17 minutes (please dont double shift Staal)

Second Line: 17 minutes

Third Line: 15 minutes (which is the TOI that I think Walker and Brindy given their ages)

Fourth: 11 or so (Sutter and Bayda have been playing too well to get 4-6 minutes)

IMO, our TOI for our lines is our #1 problem. JWillie and Cullen need 2nd line minutes. It is foolish of us to not allow for that. Imagine Brindy rested and on the PK with 15 minutes TOI a night? That is where he should be. Not 19 minutes and on the ice late in the game on PK's or critical faceoffs. Why not have him on the ice late in the game in a critical Faceoff or PK with 15 minutes TOI?

Care to explain which 3 goals were Babchuk's fault? Fairly certain at least one of them was Kaberle's fault, as he was screening Ward. And the 2nd, I'd have trouble blaming anyone.

Might as well post my lineups:

Samsonov-Staal-Ruutu (As if it wasn't obvious)

Whitney-Cullen-Walker (Walker and Cullen have had good chemistry in the past and...)

LaRose-Brindamour-Williams (...So has this line. Was our top line for the first half of last year.)

Eaves-Sutter-Bayda

There'll be some complaints about Williams on the 3rd, but I just haven't seen anything that makes me believe he'll play better with more ice time. He's either still trying to shake the cobwebs of a year off, or the leg injuries have permanently slowed him down.

Samsonov Staal Ruutu

Whitney Cullen Williams

LaRose Brind'Amour Walker

Bayda Sutter Eaves

Pitkanen Seidenberg

Gleason Corvo

Babchuk Wallin

I gotta agree with this one. As much as I am dissappointed with Brind'Amour, I just can't see him on the 4th line. A trade or retirement would come before that. Also, as often as I think LaRose is a career 4th liner, the little bugger starts producing points. LaRose and Eaves can split time trying to make the 3rd line.

Clearly the key as discussed elsewhere will be Brind'Amour.

Care to explain which 3 goals were Babchuk's fault? Fairly certain at least one of them was Kaberle's fault, as he was screening Ward. And the 2nd, I'd have trouble blaming anyone.

Babs was not the blame for the 3 goals. But he had a hand in not preventing them.

1 Wheeler Goal

Babs closest player between the puck and Ward with his legs spread moving out to cover a skater going low.

2 Wheeler Goal number 2

Babs closest player between puck and Ward with his legs spread.

3 Ryder Slap Shot

Babs closest player between puck and Ward with... you guessed it his legs spread.

Now I am not saying Glenn Wesley would have blocked any or all 3 of those shots 10 years ago, but Babs sure had a great view. Next time I hope he brings popcorn. Any one of those goals he has his skates together (granted that would have been hard on the first goal) and it's a different game. All 3 of the goals he was the guy between the puck and the goal.

Fairly certain at least one of them was Kaberle's fault, as he was screening Ward.

I must have watched a different game. Never saw this one.

Which goal was that? The empty netter?

The first goal, either Babchuk or Kaberle's defending the shooter while the other one is to the side of the net. Whoever was defending him must have screened Ward, or Ward was caught napping, because there's no way that puck should have gone in.

The 2nd goal, a shot is taken, it's blocked and put on another Bruin's stick, who attempts to shoot and is blocked again. By this time, Ward's committed to the 2nd shot, so when the puck lands on Wheeler's stick, he's got a wide open net. You're really going to blame Babs for that?

The 3rd goal, as stated in the post-game analysis, was all Brindamour. Feel free to look in there, since I don't feel like having that argument again.

The first goal, either Babchuk or Kaberle's defending the shooter while the other one is to the side of the net. Whoever was defending him must have screened Ward, or Ward was caught napping, because there's no way that puck should have gone in.

The 2nd goal, a shot is taken, it's blocked and put on another Bruin's stick, who attempts to shoot and is blocked again. By this time, Ward's committed to the 2nd shot, so when the puck lands on Wheeler's stick, he's got a wide open net. You're really going to blame Babs for that?

The 3rd goal, as stated in the post-game analysis, was all Brindamour. Feel free to look in there, since I don't feel like having that argument again.

First goal: CanesVision Bruins[/post]

Babs is between puck and goal for 2nd as I stated. Bruins 2nd Goal

And Babs is closest between goal and puck for slap shot as I stated again. You tell me who loses Ryder? Ryder gets lost

Guess you and I are seeing different things then. Kaberle's guarding Wheeler, while Babs is to the side on the 1st.

And if you're going to blame Babs for the 2nd, blame the other two players there trying to play goalie on an empty net as well. There's little a player can do in that situation. To expect them to be ready for a bounce like that is asking too much.

And Seidenberg loses Ryder on the 3rd goal. Look again. He moves away from Ryder to try and stop Savard, when Babchuk and Brindamour are already there.

Guess you and I are seeing different things then. Kaberle's guarding Wheeler, while Babs is to the side on the 1st.

And if you're going to blame Babs for the 2nd, blame the other two players there trying to play goalie on an empty net as well. There's little a player can do in that situation. To expect them to be ready for a bounce like that is asking too much.

And Seidenberg loses Ryder on the 3rd goal. Look again. He moves away from Ryder to try and stop Savard, when Babchuk and Brindamour are already there.

Babs was going low on first goal. Hardly his fault. However he was between puck and the goal.

2nd I am not blaming Babs for nor am I blaming him for the 1st. But again he was also between puck and goal, granted it was a busted play.

3rd goal Babs has responsibility for Ryder when his partner starts crossing the slot. I guess we just see it diffrently.

I was at the game as well.

Being between the puck and goal means nothing unless it was the guy who you were responsible for scoring the goal or if you're screening the goalie. And Seidenberg shouldn't have left his man in the first place, especially when there were two guys already on the one who was after.

I was at the game too, so I'll throw my opinion out here.

1st goal I would say is on Kabs. He just skated with Wheeler and didn't lift his stick or poke check him and he gets a nice shot past Ward.

2nd goal was a wide open net, Ward dove over for the rebound attempt and is out of position. Don't know what else anyone could have done on that one.

Last goal as IceFrog said has been discussed in the post game thread.

Samsonov Staal Ruutu

Whitney Cullen Williams

LaRose Brindy Walker

Bayda Sutter Eaves

Gleason Pitkanen

Sieds Corvo

Kabs Walin (if healthy)

Babchuk = healthy scratch

This year Kabs has been way better than Anton who has been shaky on the puck and looking to panic pass each time he touches it. I guess I was the only one that noticed 3 goals last night came from where Anton was? Kabs is much more positionaly solid and puts the puck on the tape passing this year. I am amazed as shakey as Anton has looked in person why Mo is giving him the TOI over Frank.

I agree with you on your lines and points. Is there a chemistry issue with Gleason and Pitkanen because I have wondered why they are not paired. You are correct on Babs and Kabs play this season, I'm not sure what Mo sees. Hopefully he'll change his approach as he has with LaRose who earned more time, Babs will earn reduced time. I like keeping the 4th line intact because they have looked very good together over the last few games.

This thread got me to thinking, how would I rate the Canes players if I were the GM of another team considering trading with the Canes as to the player's value and the line I would place them on. I'm thinking from the point of view of a team likely to make the playoffs as a 4-6 seed and based on present perceived value for the player. Here are my initial thoughts:

First Line: Staal

Low First to High Second Line: Pitkanen; Ward (average starter to excellent backup)

Second Line: Samsonov; Whitney; Ruutu; Gleason

Low Second to High Third Line: Cullen; Corvo; Leighton (low backup to high AHL)

Third Line: Sutter (with major upside); Williams (with upside); Walker; Wallin; Seids

Low Third Line: Brind'Amour (this one is just tough to assess these days as he's not below third line)

Fourth Line: Eaves; LaRose

Low Fourth Line: Bayda

Scratches and Supplemental Players: Brookbank; Kaberle; Babchuk

Working this out makes me glad that assessing hockey talent is not my full-time job :) .

Samsonov-Staal-Ruutu

Williams-Brindamour-Whitney

Eaves-Cullen-Walker

Larose-Sutter-Bayda

Pitkanen-Gleason

Corvo-Kaberle (We need to give Kaberle a good linemate - not Babchuk)

Seidenberg-Wallin

I really don't understand why they haven't put Williams with Brindamour already, before his injury Williams played about 95% of his shifts with Brindy. It only seems to make sense to put them back together. Also, I don't think we should view each line as 1st through 4th. The ice time needs to be evened out over each line.

This is what I've been wanting for a few games now:

Samsonov-Staal-Ruutu

Whitney-Cullen-Williams

Eaves-Brind'Amour-Walker

Larose-Sutter-Bayda

Gleason-Pitkanen

Seidenberg-Corvo

Babchuk-Wallin

Kaberle

Justin's has not done aything that stands out to me. He should not be on top 2 lines until he proves he can handle it. Hes on the PP and still dosent do that much.

Kind of hard for Justin to do anything that stands out when he's playing 10 minutes a night. There is no reason why a 30 goal scorer is NOT playing in the top 6. I know we all love Walker, but he can't produce anywhere near as close as what Williams can if he's given the opportunity. I've felt he's looked good in his games and Forslund finally admitted Saturday night that its time to move him up where he belongs.